PDA

View Full Version : Abit unleash AN8 Mobo. Are they losing the plot?

Mr_LoL
02-02-05, 08:35 AM
http://www.abit-usa.com/news/2005/20050131.php
I think they are. Those fans are so unecessary.

r2d2d3d4d5
02-02-05, 10:59 AM
About time they dropped COM/LPT ports.

Which fan is unnecessary? There's five there. That must be some kind of record. :D

I hope they are quiet.

Not a good day for Arsenal fans. :(

jAkUp
02-02-05, 11:29 AM
Wake me when they release an nForce4 SLI board :)

CaptNKILL
02-02-05, 11:34 AM
Wow that things going to be a disaster in a couple years... can you imagine all those fans wearing out? God my computer only has a couple fans and they are all top quality and are around 2 years old and my case rumbles like hell some times.

I think they are trying to make another NF7-S, but I dont see why they added all those fans...

superklye
02-02-05, 11:40 AM
It looks like they built a city on top of the mobo...that's so...ridiculous.

keith33
02-02-05, 11:43 AM
I for one, will never be able to afford SLi or the power bills for SLi, and this board looks pretty awesome as THE 939 board to get if you can't afford SLi. If this had been out a month ago when I got my board, I would have most likely bought this one instead. I'm sure Abit will find a way to replace fans on the board without having all of them RMAed 2 years from now. So congrats to them trying to make great boards for both AMD and Intel.

rflair
02-02-05, 11:45 AM
The fans over the RAM slots look like overkill, kind of. The fans cooling the power regualtion area of the mobo I really like.

wshadow
02-02-05, 11:51 AM
Abit should ship extra fans with every motherboard cause they either go bad or pop off!

Rakeesh
02-02-05, 11:56 AM
Am I the only one who thinks its retarded/gay that products are now being given 13375p34k names?

Not something I would like too much...com/lpt ports tend to become quite useful for hacking embedded devices.

keith33
02-02-05, 01:03 PM
What's the difference by using 1337speak names vs. an alpha-numeric code that means crap to 90% of users?

Mr_LoL
02-02-05, 01:35 PM

Which fan is unnecessary? There's five there. That must be some kind of record. :D

I hope they are quiet.

Not a good day for Arsenal fans. :(

Check out my rant against Manchester ****** in muyas sports forum :(
Who is this Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel person? A professional gamer? I never knew they existed

netviper13
02-02-05, 05:17 PM
Not something I would like too much...com/lpt ports tend to become quite useful for hacking embedded devices.

Quite frankly I'm surprised they lasted this long. These ports are relics; they don't support PnP, their data transfer speeds are abhorrent, and their overall usefullness has really disappeared. I understand why they hung on so long as legacy ports, but ultimately that real estate on the motherboard could be put to much better use.

BrianG
02-02-05, 06:15 PM
Let's not lose sight of the target market here. It is for headphone wearing, LAN party attending, Red Bull chugging, overclocking, assymetrical haircut having gamers. Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course...

The added fans are all in hopes of increasing the stability at higher clockspeeds. Sure, water-cooling is the wayto go if you are trying to pull a monster OC, but try lugging all of that extra sloshing weight in and out of a LAN party every weekend and added air cooling will become your friend.

As for longevity, this board's target market also won't be hanging on to a board for much more than a year or two tops.

To me, it looks like they are effectively marketing a product to a targetted audience. Not my kinda mobo, but that's cool.