PDA

View Full Version : Stalker Delayed

Pages : [1] 2

Rooster_11
02-02-05, 10:02 AM
(again) i never thought i'd say this but i'm starting to lose hope in this one. i know more time can make it better, but geez it's already been too long.

superklye
02-02-05, 10:24 AM
How long was it delayed? Any reasons for it?

Rooster_11
02-02-05, 10:27 AM
oops, i forgot the link. they didn't offer a reason for the delay, and they don't seem to have a new release date.

http://www.bluesnews.com/

:thumbdwn:

jAkUp
02-02-05, 10:31 AM
The German THQ News Page (thanks Frans) has word that STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl, has suffered another delay. Previously expected for May of this year (story), the game no longer seems to carry a specific release date. No reason for the delay is offered, but GSC Game World's PR Manager Oleg Yavorsky gamely spins this announcement, saying they are pleased that THQ has given them more time to develop their upcoming first-person shooter.

http://www.thq.de/html_repository/news_gamer.php

lame :(

holmes
02-02-05, 10:37 AM
Wow.. and when I thought all hope was lost for this game. :zzzz:

CaptNKILL
02-02-05, 10:45 AM
God dammit :(

stncttr908
02-02-05, 10:52 AM
If I don't get this game by the end of this summer, I don't think I'm going to care anymore.

NAZCA M12
02-02-05, 10:55 AM
Yeah, its the second time (?) they've done this...Can't say i'm very hot about it anymore, now they have to really impress me when they get it released. Damn :mad:

aAv7
02-02-05, 12:10 PM
Yeah, its the second time (?) they've done this...Can't say i'm very hot about it anymore, now they have to really impress me when they get it released. Damn :mad:

2nd time? I've been b*tching about this game being delayed for years, littlelone months....do u know the first release date was in Nov. 2002!?! They continued to delay it every 6 months since then.

In Nov of 04 they said:
" We're pretty much done with the game, just adding a few tweaks, but we are postponing the game from Q4 04 to Q1 05 so it doesn't get lost with the other big release titles. "

Can't developers ever tell the truth? If it was basically done in Nov, why can't it make the May date. Time to move on toward bigger and better games that will actually ship. Too bad, this game looked interesting.

I'd be alot more ticked if I didnt have HL2 and all those mods to look forward too.

superklye
02-02-05, 12:21 PM
Maybe with this extra time they can fix the crappy looking hands and less-than-decent looking gun models.

Otherwise, the game looks fantastic.

|MaguS|
02-02-05, 12:22 PM
I don't understand why people get so angry with developers on delays, sure they gave a date and had to break it but I don't see the reason to get angry. It's not like they stole from you or even owe you anything, if anything you should be grateful that they don't release a half ass buggy game.

Oh well, Back to playing Merc's for me...

BTW The game does have load points, the areas are huge but once you get the end it does an HL/HL2 load method.

Vagrant Zero
02-02-05, 12:31 PM
Bleh, well as long as FEAR doesn't get allowed I'm not too annoyed.

superklye
02-02-05, 12:43 PM
Doesn't get allowed?

aAv7
02-02-05, 12:51 PM
I don't understand why people get so angry with developers on delays, sure they gave a date and had to break it but I don't see the reason to get angry. It's not like they stole from you or even owe you anything, if anything you should be grateful that they don't release a half ass buggy game.

Oh well, Back to playing Merc's for me...

BTW The game does have load points, the areas are huge but once you get the end it does an HL/HL2 load method.

I get angry because I've been expecting this game for 2 and a half years. Enough is enough. Either release or don't. How bad can it be, that they needed 2 and a half years to add, or change things.

Vagrant Zero
02-02-05, 01:05 PM
Doesn't get allowed?

Delayed.

I blame the boobies.

Edit: That post looks like its been run through one of those online translators. Doesn't get allowed for delayed...BRILLIANT.

Mr_LoL
02-02-05, 01:21 PM
according to my pcgamer uk review who had a playtest this month, the AI was rubbish and there were a lot of graphical problems. I dont care thoug this game is probably at the bottom of my list for 2005

aAv7
02-02-05, 01:44 PM
according to my pcgamer uk review who had a playtest this month, the AI was rubbish and there were a lot of graphical problems. I dont care thoug this game is probably at the bottom of my list for 2005

They've been making this game since 2000 and the a.i is rubbish and there are graphical errors? :| So if they cant get it right in 4 1/2 years time, how are they gonna fix everything in under a year?

Their probably stuck with a great idea on paper that didnt translate too well into the actual game, and now their up sh*T creek without a paddle because they've invested too much time and money to just can it, so we'll probably get a half assed effort when it does ship. I gurantee this game won't have half the features or options they've bragged about when it does ship.

Edge
02-02-05, 01:48 PM
They've been making this game since 2000 and the a.i is rubbish and there are graphical errors? :| So if they cant get it right in 4 1/2 years time, how are they gonna fix everything in under a year?

Seemed to work for Half-life, that game apperently had a lot of problems a year before it was released, so they went back to the drawing board and fixed everything that wasn't fun about it (and delayed the game by a year, while they were at it). Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened to STALKER, a lot of the features they were planning for the game did sound pretty ambitious, when they put that many elements togeather there's bound to be problems. At least they aren't stripping the game down and releasing it in an unfinished state, although from the sound of the report it almost seems like it was the publisher who decided to push the game back and not the developer.

Fatman
02-02-05, 01:53 PM
I think its safe to file this one under "damn and it looked so good on screenshots, but plays like crap." This looks to be a classic case of big publishers manhadling small developers. They probably didn't like how the end product played and now will force them to cut corners, cut game features and stream-line the game for "casual" gamers, resulting in unplayable crap.

|MaguS|
02-02-05, 01:58 PM
I be they are secretly adding Coop! (just my wish)

XP_GUN
02-02-05, 02:24 PM
This is really starting to p**** me off with all this game delays.

At this rate Duke Nuke Forever might come out before Stalker

NAZCA M12
02-02-05, 02:33 PM
Wow, i didn't know that game was that long in production. I'm very disappointed but i still think it can turn out to be a great game. And after reading all this bull**** hype about HL2 to name an example (stuff like "gaming is never going to be the same omg, omg, omg"), i'll take any magazine's opinion with a barrell of salt. No sir, not me.

superklye
02-02-05, 02:37 PM
Delayed.

I blame the boobies.

Edit: That post looks like its been run through one of those online translators. Doesn't get allowed for delayed...BRILLIANT.
It's something straight out of Engrish.com

rudedog
02-02-05, 03:54 PM
A game developer should have as much time as they need to finish a game but don't go announcing a project to the public and then keep delaying it.

Keep your damn projects under wraps until your ready to release it. Then everyone is happy.

SH64
02-02-05, 06:50 PM
Damn :thumbdwn: