PDA

View Full Version : PSP review.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

demonized
02-02-05, 11:54 AM
heres a video review done by some guy from notebookreview.com forums.
psp is so much sexier than the DS. http://www.kurnspatrick.com/movies/psp.wmv

|MaguS|
02-02-05, 12:19 PM
Eh a decent review, I don't understand why he showed the accessories in thier bag still, it doesn't really show them well.

The video quality while playing the games is also pretty poor but I like how he showed off every part of teh system, not many videos have done that.

Ghosthunter
02-02-05, 02:00 PM
of course i love sony arrogance and they always forget about usuability

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html

Nikkei Business reported that, to date, .6 percent of the 800,000 shipped units have been returned to Sony for repair. Kutaragi was unapologetic about the issue: "This is the design that we came up with. There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to. I didn't want the PSP's LCD screen to become any smaller than this, nor did I want its machine body to become any larger.

"The button's location is [architectured] on purpose," Kutaragi added. "It's according to specifications. This is something that we've created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn't a mistake."

definitely going to wait until end of year to pick this guy up by then should be cheaper

Mr. Hunt
02-02-05, 04:48 PM
Wow... a whopping .6%... WORST HANDHELD EVAR!

GamerGuyX
02-02-05, 04:52 PM
Wow... a whopping .6%... WORST HANDHELD EVAR!

Ghosthunter just likes to bash Sony. I bet you can guess why. You know it starts with an F and rhymes with Pantoy. ;)

Mr. Hunt
02-02-05, 05:09 PM
Lol yeah I know... it is just that his "argument" is so freaking weak I had to laugh at it. I am sure .6% of DS has been returned also... it isn't that big of a number really.

circuitbreaker8
02-02-05, 10:11 PM
God that guys voice in the movie is sooo annoying

superklye
02-02-05, 10:14 PM
Ghosthunter just likes to bash Sony. I bet you can guess why. You know it starts with an F and rhymes with Pantoy. ;)
pantyhose?

Jocomp10
02-02-05, 10:51 PM
it exudes sexines :rolleyes: he sounds like a salesman, and his voice is very annoying.

MUYA
02-02-05, 10:57 PM
PSP or Nv48 SLI ? ...ah man choicesssssss to be made...... :(

superklye
02-02-05, 11:01 PM
Dude, Nv48 of course!

Ghosthunter
02-03-05, 09:42 AM
You are forgetting just because .6% were returned does not mean only .6% have the design defect...not everyone bothers to return it for that and just learns to live with it.

Obviously you guys are fanboys if you cannot see through sony arrogance. Sony does this all the time because they think people should like what they produce even if it sucks or is not the standards, they did this for a longtime with their mediasticks...when eveyrone was using CF...

Why does everyone keep saying I hate sony..but meanwhile I play EQ2 and love it as well as own a PS2? Why can you not be critical of a company since as a consumer you have the right withouth being called a fanboy?

My other big complaint is the games for PSP is going to be $50...which I think is way too much for a handheld..

|MaguS|
02-03-05, 10:09 AM
How do you know they are going to be $50? Sony has not even commented on the price of the system, accessories or games? All they said was they will price the system competetivly.

Sony makes great products, I have never had ANYTHING of thiers go defective, I have owned a PS1, PS2, 2 DiscMan, Portable MD Player, 3 TV's, Stereo System and a Sony Vio Laptop.

Mr. Hunt
02-03-05, 10:51 AM
You are forgetting just because .6% were returned does not mean only .6% have the design defect...not everyone bothers to return it for that and just learns to live with it.

Obviously you guys are fanboys if you cannot see through sony arrogance. Sony does this all the time because they think people should like what they produce even if it sucks or is not the standards, they did this for a longtime with their mediasticks...when eveyrone was using CF...

Why does everyone keep saying I hate sony..but meanwhile I play EQ2 and love it as well as own a PS2? Why can you not be critical of a company since as a consumer you have the right withouth being called a fanboy?

My other big complaint is the games for PSP is going to be $50...which I think is way too much for a handheld..

Yes... and I am a Sony fanboy... I LOVE my Sony games on my Gamecube and GBA... nothing beats them.

superklye
02-03-05, 11:03 AM
Wait, $50 is too much for a handheld? Isn't the GBA like $100?

Ninjaman09
02-03-05, 11:04 AM
Wait, $50 is too much for a handheld? Isn't the GBA like $100?
No, the GAMES for the PSP are going to be $50. I agree, much too expensive.

|MaguS|
02-03-05, 11:08 AM
Where is everyone getting the prices for the system and its games? There has been no official word on it yet everyone is claiming that the games are 50 and the system is 200...

I honestly don't see how 50 is too much for a PSP game since your almost getting console quality gaming on it.

superklye
02-03-05, 11:11 AM
No, the GAMES for the PSP are going to be $50. I agree, much too expensive.
ohhh! I misread that. Sorry.

Okay, yeah...that is hella expensive. Though, I think $50 for a game, no matter the platform, is way too expensive. $40 is still a bit much.

Mr. Hunt
02-03-05, 11:20 AM
If a game is good I don't see the problem with paying 50 bucks... I payed 55 for HL2 and 55 for Doom 3 and didn't have much of a problem with it. Good games are worth my money and portable games are no different. Just because they are portable doesn't mean they should be around 30 bucks. Especially at the quality of the PSP titles.

Ghosthunter
02-03-05, 11:34 AM
Well it is official Sony set the price to $249

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050203/sfth050_1.html

Bad move Sony...no way I am spending that much for it...

Wonder if Sony got rid of all the extras like movies, and mp3 and what not if they can save on cost...but no they all about convergence..i just want a handhled to play games...lol

superklye
02-03-05, 11:41 AM
Wow, it costs more than an Xbox. That is the most grossly overpriced handheld EVER.

Mr. Hunt
02-03-05, 11:45 AM
Well it is official Sony set the price to $249

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050203/sfth050_1.html

Bad move Sony...no way I am spending that much for it...

Wonder if Sony got rid of all the extras like movies, and mp3 and what not if they can save on cost...but no they all about convergence..i just want a handhled to play games...lol

You fool. You DO realize that one comes with a crapload of other things? Thus being a "pack"... read articles.

Ghosthunter
02-03-05, 11:47 AM
You fool. You DO realize that one comes with a crapload of other things? Thus being a "pack"... read articles.

For one it is the value pack..but if you want to buy the stuff without...you cannot

Two the stuff they give you is not that great

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. announced today the North American launch details for its highly anticipated PSP(TM) (PlayStation(R) Portable) handheld entertainment system. Available through retail outlets on March 24, the company continues its consumer-centric legacy with the release of the PSP Value Pack for a suggested retail price of $249.99 U.S./$299.99 CND. In addition to the revolutionary PSP hardware, the PSP Value Pack contains an unprecedented added-value package of accessories and entertainment content, including 32 MB Memory Stick Duo(TM), headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adaptor, soft case and cleaning cloth, movie/music/game video sampler UMD disc including multiple non-interactive game demos, and for the first one million PSP Value Packs shipped, a special UMD video release of the feature film Spider-Man(TM) 2 from Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Msot of the stuff they give you the DS came with...and only other stuff..is 32mb stick that stinks..cant put much on that...and Spiderman 2...no thanks..i did not get the PSP to watch movies

Why wont they offer the option of selling the PSP without any extras just the basics for $150? Why because Sony loves to overcharge..

Clay
02-03-05, 11:59 AM
Anybody see this yet? Mmmm..accessories. :)

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=218&products_id=5274&#Product_features

|MaguS|
02-03-05, 12:25 PM
I see them releasing a non value pack later one, but I can also see why they released only the value pack at launch, it comes with everything you would need to buy at launch pratically, you need a memory card (30 bucks) and it even comes with an awsome movie plus a demo, the DS just came with accessories (same ones the psp comes with). So you get 3 things (one which teh ds doesnt need) that the ds doesnt include.

Sure its expensive, more then what I would have thought to pay, but im still getting it. It looks like an awsome machine and with the 3rd party suport sony has you know it will have tons of games.

BTW Sony hinted that some games will release with a 39.99 price tag, no word on which...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/03/news_6117815.html

Games I will be getting at Launch!

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Metal Gear Acid
Ridge Racer
Twisted Metal: Head On
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Wipeout Pure