PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte 6600GT AGP is excellent.

Gator
02-02-05, 10:19 PM
Well I've been playing with my Gigabyte 6600GT AGP tonight and I'm very pleased with the results. I had a lot of trouble at first, but after a complete driver removal and a fresh install of the latest 71.80 drivers I'm good to go. Everything runs smooth, UT2K4 saw a huge performance boost when using AA/AF, all 3dmarks are higher of course, and finally HL2 will run in DX9 mode! This is an excellent upgrade from my Gigabyte FX5900XT.

As always the Gigabyte card has a more than adequate cooling solution with all copper HSF, and the 6600GT has a considerably shorter length than the FX5900XT. The package itself is otherwise not exciting, not much of a software bundle this time, just the game Spellforce and PowerDVD5. It also includes Gigabyte V-Tuner overclocking utility, but as I donot overclock I can't comment on the program. One thing to note is the card does come with an HDTV adapter, which for some folks reading this might get you very excited :)

Overall I give the actual card an A+ for design, and a B+ for the package contents. At $199 it's an excellent deal, and gets my overall thumbs up :thumbsup:

jAkUp
02-02-05, 10:22 PM
Yes very good cards for the price :) I try to recommend them whenever I can.