PDA

View Full Version : LANParty UT nF4 Ultra-D - $140 - 2xPCIe - moddable to SLI - does 300HTT, 1:1, 1t

ragejg
02-02-05, 11:13 PM
$140? SLI? DFI? 300HTT? 1:1? 1T?

I'll take it!!

I don't know exactly when these boards will hit the market, but, um, I think I just found the board that made me wanna leave AGP...

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2337&p=1

BrianG, nice find (points to the front page) :thumbsup:

MUYA
02-02-05, 11:29 PM
Hmmm...A real SLi mobo for me thanks and the Nv48s... :drool:

jAkUp
02-03-05, 01:13 AM
:( My asus sucks

Viral
02-03-05, 01:18 AM
If the DFI boards fit the XP-120 then that's where I'll be going later in the year. I'll probably go all out for the SLi-DR, though.

Blacklash
02-03-05, 04:39 AM
Looks like I have found my SLI board. I was wondering when Ol' Oskar Wu and crew were going to deliver. Just read the Anandtech review and I must say, wicked job on DFI's part. Now let's see what nVidia does down the line. *taps foot*

EDIT: Crikey I can't get over the fact they had a 4000 at 2.862 with 8,300 mb/s bandwidth.

holmes
02-03-05, 11:08 AM
These are some sweet boards.. they overclock like mad! :eek:

ragejg
02-03-05, 06:32 PM
Crikey I can't get over the fact they had a 4000 at 2.862 with 8,300 mb/s bandwidth.

Heh, guess you'll be pooping your pants when my 3000 does 2.7 and gets about 8000mb/s?

Want me to send you some TP now, or later? :p:p:D:D

SH64
02-03-05, 06:48 PM
Nice features & performance .. especially the "gaming" performance .
i'm considering a DFI nForce4 if i ever gone SLI .

circuitbreaker8
02-03-05, 09:22 PM
Now I have to sell my 3400 and DFI to get a 3500 and DFI :p

zoomy942
02-03-05, 11:18 PM
:( My asus sucks

why is that?

Akirhol
02-03-05, 11:41 PM
"Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm @ 2.47GHz @ 225x11" <-- I think this has something to do with jAKUp's disappointment...

jAkUp
02-03-05, 11:44 PM
Yea :( Oh well, still waiting on an updated BIOS...

Akirhol
02-03-05, 11:48 PM
Hope something gets fixed, it's a shame to see a setup with such incredible potential being underutilized. :(

I got a good draw on my hardware it looks like... I'm up to 270x10 / 1:1 with short testing... going for 275x10/1:1 before I let it crunch Prime95 for ~8 hours overnight.

keith33
02-04-05, 12:33 AM
Yea :( Oh well, still waiting on an updated BIOS...

Ok, I'll give you my nicely overclockable board with my FX-55 and AGP Ultra, for your non-1337 3500 and 2 6800Us, I'm just that nice. :D:D:D

Just playing.

Blacklash
02-04-05, 01:26 AM
Heh, guess you'll be pooping your pants when my 3000 does 2.7 and gets about 8000mb/s?

Want me to send you some TP now, or later? :p:p:D:D

Oh you want a mad OC?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23857

Whole thread is here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52004

I had a 3200 winnie doing 2.6 with bandwidth in the high 7ks before it farted and died on me. Many folks can get decent overclocks. The question is how long can you hold it before something gives.

My old 3.0c Intel did 3.75/3.8 for well over a year. AMD already has a solid edge over Intel in gaming and when you get them running at levels like this fellow has it is simply prison rape by comparison.

I am happy with the AMD. I just didn't see the point in continuing to switch/or replace lower speed chips when I could flat out buy a faster chip for the same amount.There is a guy on the Xtreme forums that went through like six chips in a year. *Chuckles*

DMA
02-04-05, 03:01 AM
If the DFI boards fit the XP-120 then that's where I'll be going later in the year. I'll probably go all out for the SLi-DR, though.

Answers in this thread.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50963

Looks like DFI has made a screamer. :D Too bad i'm broke. :o

ragejg
02-07-05, 06:59 PM
John Grabski III to sales
Show options Feb 4 (3 days ago)

Hello, I'm John Grabski, staff member @ www.nvnews.net . I'd like to
ask the when and where question about the new LANParty NF4 SLI-DR and
Ultra-D motherboards. The entire community is very excited about this
series of motherboards, ane we all hope they're available in quantity
someday soon. :) In the meantime, could you possibly shed some more
light on where these motherboards are now available, and when they
will be massively available?

An information would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: You guys are great for the gaming and enthusiast community. :)

- John Grabski

ReplyForward

Jacky <jacky@dfiweb.com> to me
Show options Feb 4 (3 days ago)

Hi, John,
I am glad to tell you that our NF4 series is available now in
newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, and Frys.
But due to the demand is bigger than our expectation, it is serious
shortage now.
Thank you so much for your interest toward our board!
Rgds/Jacky

Vivian Lien <vivian@dfiweb.com> to me
Show options 6:48pm (1 hour ago)

Hi John,

Thank you for your email. We are very excited about this release as
well, and have been preparing to populate the market with them :)

Both models are currently available through Newegg.com, ZipZoomFly.com,
Monarch Computer, NCIX.com, Outpost.com/Frys Electronics and will soon
be available at TigerDirect.com, MicroCenter and other DFI authorized
resellers. We receive regular shipments from Asia but given it's Chinese
New Year's week and our HQ is closed for the holiday, give it another
week or two the channel will have sufficient amount of goods.

Hope this answers your questions!

Best Regards,
Vivian

saturnotaku
02-07-05, 08:25 PM
I read a report that NVIDIA has respun the nForce4 chip so that the SLI mod will not be possible on these boards. So don't bank your purchase of this board on the mod.

Blacklash
02-08-05, 12:33 AM
Question,

Does anyone know if the top tier DFI SLI board is supposed to be compatible with the upcoming 90nm AMD dual core processors named "Toledo"?

saturnotaku
02-08-05, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know if the top tier DFI SLI board is supposed to be compatible with the upcoming 90nm AMD dual core processors named "Toledo"?

Supposedly any S939 board is going to be capable of supporting dual core CPUs with a simple BIOS update. Since those processors aren't going to be out for a number of months yet, the board is not going to support it right away. Hopefully this won't be like previous generations of hardware that required an entirely different hardware revision in order to properly support new processors.

bkswaney
02-08-05, 04:42 AM
Supposedly any S939 board is going to be capable of supporting dual core CPUs with a simple BIOS update. Since those processors aren't going to be out for a number of months yet, the board is not going to support it right away. Hopefully this won't be like previous generations of hardware that required an entirely different hardware revision in order to properly support new processors.

I've been hearing you will not get your hands on
a dual core AMD cpu till 06.
Intel may beat AMD to market.

saturnotaku
02-08-05, 04:58 AM
I've been hearing you will not get your hands on
a dual core AMD cpu till 06.

I've been hearing second half of 2005 myself, but '06 doesn't sound unreasonable. So basically if you're looking to upgrade, don't let the unavailability of the dual core processors stop you.

Viral
02-08-05, 08:59 AM
Answers in this thread.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50963

Looks like DFI has made a screamer. :D Too bad i'm broke. :o

Brilliant :)

I now like the layout of the board for the most part. However with the two cards being so close and the 2nd slot being so close to the last PCI slot, I would probably want to use two NV5 silencers. Now that would be impressive. It's always good to increase case exhaust anyway.

Blacklash
02-08-05, 10:51 AM
Heh,

Well I really do not need to upgrade. It's the same old thing, new toys come out and you catch the fever.

I am going to force myself to be more reserved to wait and see. My system is hardly hurting. I'd really like to snag that native 1600x1200 LCD monitor I've had my eyes on and couple it with a nforce4 SLI set up.

Sometimes waiting pays off though. If I would have done it with my AGP ultra I would have known they do not have a fully functional video chip.