PDA

View Full Version : So, no fix for widescreen SLI users???

GRAFiZ
02-03-05, 02:53 AM
I along with many others using widescreen LCD's in conjunction with SLI video cards have a flickering problem while playing games in widescreen format.

It's a jitter up and down, rapidly.

Rather annoying problem when you sink a great deal of cash into a system and it won't work properly.

Somewhere it was written that the solution is to force CVT timing, however, there is no way to do this as right after you make that change, the drivers force you back into the correct mode.

Anyhow, has anyone heard anything that would suggest a fix for this problem?

I'm hoping it's driver related, if it's hardware then all I can say to NVidia is ... "Where do I ship my video cards for a full refund?".

Thanks all!

GRAFiZ
02-03-05, 11:24 AM
Nothing eh?

Oh well, suppose I'm forced into being NVidia's crash test dummy for a while.

So far, while the performance is incredible, I must say, the faults of SLI are many.

I dont want to complain too much as I'm very lucky to have what I do, but really... give me some drivers people!

GlowStick
02-03-05, 11:33 AM
Yes, well you posted at 3AM.

Meanwhile, why dont you start with the short list of specs

your LCD, native res, connection type used, connection types supported

Video cards being used, mobo being used and processor.

GRAFiZ
02-03-05, 12:23 PM
Yes, well you posted at 3AM.

Meanwhile, why dont you start with the short list of specs

your LCD, native res, connection type used, connection types supported

Video cards being used, mobo being used and processor.

Good idea.

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
A64 3500+
2 x BFG 6800GT OC SLI
2 x 512 G.Skill PC4400LE
2 x 74 gig Raptors Raid 0
BFG 550 watt PSU (Rebadged Fortron 550)

Plenty of good case cooling.

I'm using the Dell 2005FPW monitor, running at native 1680x1050 through the DVI cable.

NVidia drivers 71.25 WHQL.

I am not overclocking the video cards at all.

Like I said, running windows is fine, running 4:3 format in games is fine, however, running widescreen 16:10 in half life 2 or CS:S for instance creates this verticle wiggle. Pictures just vibrates.

I've heard others complain of the same thing.

Thanks again all!

Grestorn
02-03-05, 12:59 PM
I along with many others using widescreen LCD's in conjunction with SLI video cards have a flickering problem while playing games in widescreen format.

It's a jitter up and down, rapidly.

Rather annoying problem when you sink a great deal of cash into a system and it won't work properly.

Somewhere it was written that the solution is to force CVT timing, however, there is no way to do this as right after you make that change, the drivers force you back into the correct mode.

Anyhow, has anyone heard anything that would suggest a fix for this problem?

I'm hoping it's driver related, if it's hardware then all I can say to NVidia is ... "Where do I ship my video cards for a full refund?".

Thanks all!I guess the problem is driver related. With certain games, even quite "normal" resolutions cause the same problems you described (71.20, Riddick, 1280x1024 SLI for example).

Hopefully these problems will be fixed soon. The 7x line of drivers is quite buggy, not only with an SLI setup.

SH64
02-03-05, 02:09 PM
Yep thats probably driver related . maybe that will be fixed in the next official release :)