PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 GT OC Green PCB: how does it fare @ 1.4v?

puraido
02-03-05, 06:34 AM
I was just wondering if the guys with the GreenPCB GT's with the ref coolers have had problems such as checkerboarding and other problems like the guys with the Blue dual-fan cooler PCB's.

I tried my GT at 1.4 a while back and got higher core speeds (~420 vs 410@1.3v), but the mem stayed about the same (1050~1080@ 1.3 or 1.4v)
I got 1200 mem on a Blue (before i got the Green) but the temps were like 10 degrees higher and i got more lockups.. even at 400/1000. Need to remove some hard drives when I'm done cleaning out my system. I think I have too many :rolleyes:

Knights of the Old Republic ran a lot smoother, but I wanna try it out again w/ other games to see if it's worth it. gotta watch those temps!!

Is it me or does it look like 4x FSAA isn't working at all in some games??? or it's working, but it's not what one would expect from 4x, like on my old ATI 9500 Pro with the games I used to play back then? (unplayable at higher res, but pretty :P) still some slight jaggies even at 1280x1024, 1600x1200. Is there something going on with today's games? Sad thing is... I see jaggies EVERYWHERE now :confused: after coming to nvnews, and reading that fateful thread... my eyes... :eek:

Marcos
02-05-05, 08:15 AM
dont volt mod your **** you WILL fry it, if you havent already, i really cant follow your post im hung over. :beer2:

saturnotaku
02-05-05, 08:18 AM
Volt modding is a bad idea. If you don't kill your card right away, it will die a horrible death sooner than later. Lots of people who did the mod got good results right away but after a couple weeks/months, their card crapped out.

puraido
02-11-05, 08:54 AM
since i don't think i'll be getting a new vidcard anytime soon, i'll do as you advise. Thanks.

puraido

saturnotaku
02-11-05, 08:57 AM
since i don't think i'll be getting a new vidcard anytime soon, i'll do as you advise. Thanks.

Good idea. I hate to see people invest a small fortune in these high end cards, mod the crap out of them and have them die down the road. Now get out there and enjoy some games. :)

tnc99
02-12-05, 04:30 PM
Good idea. I hate to see people invest a small fortune in these high end cards, mod the crap out of them and have them die down the road. Now get out there and enjoy some games. :)
agree here :afro: