PDA

View Full Version : MSI k8N Neo4 anyone else set one up yet, my NB fan is insane :(

willmg
02-03-05, 07:43 AM
Hey all finally got my new windows key and set up my 64 last night. I have the MSI K8N NEO4 nforce4 Ultra chipset. Its running fine, windows took about 15 minutes to install, and even though it made me activate twice!(after new drivers blechhhh) it went smoothly.

I then proceeded to run some benchies to see how much of an improvement my system is, with the 3dmark benchies I started getting alarms from Corecell with 2 tests left. After it ended I checked what was up, the NB fan alarm had been defaulted to 6200rpm and mine had gone allthe way up to 8000!

Is this normal for nforce4 NB fans!!!! That thing is nuts, plus has anyone tried to get NB temp reading from their MSI software? Mine shows NA for temp, but has CPU and sys temp fine. :thumbdwn:

saturnotaku
02-03-05, 07:49 AM
Core Cell sucks. I tried using it with my Neo2 Platinum and it never works properly. I use NVIDIA nTune to monitor my temps.

willmg
02-03-05, 08:10 AM
What about other Nforce4 boards with NB fans? How fast does the ASUS fan spin under load anyone know?

Man now I am glad I didnt get the Chaintech with that little Heat sink, it must burn no wonder some reviewers burned out those NBs when OCing

saturnotaku
02-03-05, 08:40 AM
AFAIK, it's the same fan on the Neo2 as it is on the Neo4. I've had no problems whatsoever with mine. Have you tried running all your benchmarks without the temp monitoring software active? Have you had any problems with lockups, corruption, reboots, etc? If not, uninstall the software and be on your merry way.

willmg
02-03-05, 09:21 AM
Yeah no probs, 3dmark 01+03 finished ok, I am worie if I OC though, if fan is already running max rpms, maybe OCing will boost NB temps too high

jAkUp
02-03-05, 09:55 AM
I have no clue how fast my fan is spinning all I know is its FAST. It is the loudest fan in my entire system

Dazz
02-03-05, 10:06 AM
My ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe fan also runs around 7~8000rpms also.