PDA

View Full Version : Some rants about CS:S

Sorrow
02-03-05, 09:43 AM
Isn't it annoying when you've lit up a guy in CS:S just to walk over to him and don't see any bullet holes on em? But if you play Hl2_DM you'll see mad bullet holes and blood spots all over the players. They need to have bullet holes like FarCry.

Gun physics and damage are kind of lame for some weapons in my opinion. The Auto Sniper's recoil is next to none, and does WAY too much dmg, not even 1.6 was that much dmg. Scouts randomly getting 110 dmg shots on the leg are annoying. Nades that have a delayed throwing time really mess me up when I'm trying to do a run-by nade throw into a tunnel only to have it bounce off the wall because it didn't throw it when I clicked.

Player physics, seem a unresponsive and a little too slippery. Example; you shoot someone on the bridge in de_aztec and somehow they slide through a 6inch wide crack between the boards. Or for some reason when you shoot someone and they fall down on their side, they always roll over / slide into a flat position. Also only a select few times has a placed bullet to the leg thrown their leg backwards and throw them face down, usually they just fall to the side. Or when you shoot someone in the right or left shoulder, they don't react to the bullet and jerk the way the bullet is pushing them, it's like they get shot in the chest every time, despite seeing the bullet hole in them. FarCry is a good example of people reacting to bullets. Example; I was going through one part of the game with my mp5 that has jacked up shooting sounds and I opened up on this guy and he reacted to every bullet that hit him, i.e. he would jerk back in the places the bullets hit him.

Well, that's my rant of the day.

Riptide
02-03-05, 10:19 AM
Bah. I've already done enough ranting about this game. It's still fun but there is a LOT to complain about. :)

Rakeesh
02-03-05, 10:27 AM
My biggest annoyance is the headshots on the drop of a hat, the fact that if you walk over a movable object it forces you to lose your footing (this isn't particularly realistic) and the fact that tables aren't really tables, they are cones. If you jump on top of a table and land right on the middle of it, you'll just slide off.

Riptide
02-03-05, 10:35 AM
Here's another gripe while we're at it. I haven't mentioned this earlier. There are times when I should be hitting someone that they seem to be able to keep moving. Yet, when someone hits me quite often I am stuck while I keep taking damage. It doesn't seem to work both ways like it should. Maybe it's just lag one way or the other causing that but it is quite annoying @ times.

|MaguS|
02-03-05, 10:41 AM
If your talking about getting stunned, some guns can stun you others dont. The TMP is one of them, and my fav. So easy to run around and HS people with it! :D

Johnny C
02-03-05, 03:43 PM
Let's talk about Hacking. Anyone who hacks CS:S is nothing but a wanna be lamer, and they'd try and hack Real life if they could, but they can't so they are stuck in their rooms hacking CS:S and pretending one day that their RANK on a server will get them some luvin from a member of the opposite sex. It will not! I enjoy the game but find it difficult to find servers that discourage hacking. Valve's VAC is not only out of date, it doesn't even work. Nice anti cheat system :(. Anyways a rant about CS:S could go on for days and nobody would even read the whole thing.

Peace out.

Sorrow
02-04-05, 10:37 AM
Yea but we're talking about actual game-play, I can bare hacking since they've fixed walling (you can't wall anymore!!) and speed hacks are pretty pointless with all the boxes and stuff in the way now. But When I'm running around and I get killed by a scout in one shot in the LEG, that makes me mad.

Riptide
02-04-05, 10:56 AM
I've learned a lesson. If I get on a server and people seem to just flat out be owning me left and right with head shots over and over and over practically within half a second of seeing me... I quit. I go find another server. Because either those people are to damn good or they are cheating. One or the other, it doesn't matter, the end result is the same: frustration on my part.

jbirney
02-04-05, 02:58 PM
Riptide, thats not bad advice at all!

ynnek
02-04-05, 05:18 PM
I hang around a couple of local servers.. that are both operated by active clans.. A good mix of skill, FF is on, and there usually is an Admin there too. My only complaint is sometimes the teams get stacked - as in all the really good players occasionally are on the same team, and its just a slaughter.. Like the top 4-5 players have like score of 16-2 on team, while everyone else (incluidng the winning team) is struggling to break even..

jbirney
02-07-05, 12:32 PM
I hang around a couple of local servers.. that are both operated by active clans.. A good mix of skill, FF is on, and there usually is an Admin there too. My only complaint is sometimes the teams get stacked - as in all the really good players occasionally are on the same team, and its just a slaughter.. Like the top 4-5 players have like score of 16-2 on team, while everyone else (incluidng the winning team) is struggling to break even..

yeap I see that all the time. I am part of the admin team on one server and I hate it when it happens. Usally the other team will have one more person so I can not switch or have some one better than me swtich. The OSP SOF2 mod has a resuffle and restart commond to prevent this from happing. Maybe I should take a break from Unreal coding and do something for CS Source...