PDA

View Full Version : HT Technology

DJMONDY
02-03-05, 08:47 AM
Ok, I posted here a week ago about how if HT was turned off in the bios that it stops NFSU2 from crashing (ever).

I started up counterstrike lastnight with HT turned off and i can join any servers but i cant play in the game. Im put on a part of the map that i cant move from as if i was spectating the game?
With HT turned on i can join any game and play as normal.

Its a similar thing with NFSU2, i can play in the game but most hosted games either crash to the game menu (lobby) or dont start at all.
With HT turned on, hosted games start all the time but it goes back to the crashing to the desktop problem??

Does anyone know WTF is going on with this HT crap and why it would cause such weird things to happen.

Its easy enough for me to turn HT on if i wanna play counter strike and off to play nfsu2 but its not something i really want to keep on doing as i play both game most nights and dont really fancy turning HT on and off all the time!

Any ideas guys/gals?

Blakhart
02-03-05, 08:10 PM
Have you gone and looked for game patches that address this issue?

DJMONDY
02-04-05, 02:14 AM
I didnt think there would be a patch to address an issue using HT tech.

Ive also noticed that with HT off my BSOD problem that ive been having for a while is also no existent. It used to ahppen while connecting to the net but it hasnt done it since i turned HT off? Weird.

moshpit
02-20-05, 05:54 PM
HT issues like you describe are common to early Intel HT supporting motherboards that had thier support added in after the board hit the market using a bios update. You may check to see how old your bios is and if there's an updated one that fixes your HT problems. HT should work flawlessly on all of todays motherboards, with nothing worse then an occasional performance hit due to the specific app not liking HT. Other then that tho, you shouldn't be having HT issues like you describe unless your motherboard needs a bios update, or if your using flaky, double sided memory sticks.

DJMONDY
02-21-05, 02:17 AM
HT issues like you describe are common to early Intel HT supporting motherboards that had thier support added in after the board hit the market using a bios update. You may check to see how old your bios is and if there's an updated one that fixes your HT problems. HT should work flawlessly on all of todays motherboards, with nothing worse then an occasional performance hit due to the specific app not liking HT. Other then that tho, you shouldn't be having HT issues like you describe unless your motherboard needs a bios update, or if your using flaky, double sided memory sticks.

Im up to date with my bios.

What do you mean by flaky, double sided memory sticks??