PDA

View Full Version : 1 problem after another!

JoeyBoy
02-03-05, 10:46 AM
Howdy all

Glad i found this place as im pulling my hair out :afro:
First off , Heres my system spec.

pentium 4 2.2ghz
786mb sdram
windows xp

yestaday i bought a "Bfgtech Geforce 6600 GT OC 128mb" once installed and after a reboot a box appierd saying "not enough power getting to grapics card so the card" So today i went out and bought a new psu (400w) once this was installed the message box disipered but the card is preforming really bad! i cant play no games as it keeps crashing :( ..

i looked through the instructions it it said to assign irq to vga in bios but i cant seem to find it anywere! my motherboard is a INTEL D845HV. has anyone got a idea to sort this or any tips on getting my graphics card running sweeter?

saturnotaku
02-03-05, 10:56 AM
Did you plug the power supply into the connector on the back of the video card?

|MaguS|
02-03-05, 11:04 AM
What card did you have prior? Did you make sure to remove all all previous files from it? Even if it was nvidia its better to start completly clean.

JoeyBoy
02-03-05, 11:10 AM
Hi guys thanks for the fast replys :)

"Saturnotaku" yes the power lead is connect and it supplying power.

"egbtmagus" i had a geforce fx 5200 128mb and i removed all drivers before i plugged the new card in. I have also reinstalled the drivers just in case but still no luck.

thanks for the time

Marcos
02-03-05, 12:04 PM
check to see if the connector on the card is damaged

Clay
02-03-05, 12:11 PM
Obvious I know but just checking, have you connected the 2x2 power connector from your PSU to the mobo?