PDA

View Full Version : Why are all my in games videos look like crap ?

Mr Six
02-03-05, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone

I have a PNY 6800 GT and it work great except for the in game videos (intro , cutscenes , endings ect ect ect).

They all seem to be in like 800 x 600 and are pixelated as hell

Exemple of this : When Bastila fight Revan at the beginning of KOTR.The video is in a low resolution and pixelated when there is some action.

I first thought that it was the drivers but i tried like 5 sets and it never changed anything

I also messed up with a few windows settings/codecs but no positive results here either

Does anyone with a 6800 GT is experiencing the same thing ?

What's the problem ?

Does it have anything to do with purevideo ?

Thanks

P.S : Sorry for my not so good english and sorry again if that was asked before,In that case , a link would be appreciated

jAkUp
02-03-05, 09:54 PM
Which games exactly do you experience these problems?

MUYA
02-03-05, 10:05 PM
Question is how did you install the card , drivers? What system are you uisng? What 3d card did u have prior to your 6800GT. More details, the better.

MUYA
02-03-05, 10:05 PM
Edited Duh, it was about videos not 3D rendering ;)

Mr Six
02-03-05, 10:37 PM
Oh , here is more info on my rig :

Athlon64 3200 s754 (stock)
K8V SE Deluxe mobo (bios 1.04)
Corsair Value C3 PC3200 1 gig RAM
PNY Geforce 6800 GT with nVidia official 67.66 beta drivers (stock)
Soundblaster Live 24 Bit
Nec Mitsu 930sb set at 1280 x 1024 @ 85hz
Pioneer 108 DVD-R
Maxtor IDE 120 gig 8mb cache HD

I had a geforce mx 440 before buying my 6800 GT.I used driver cleaner when i installed the GT 9wuth 67.03 originally then i moved to 67.66 last week)

I don't have every game on the market but the problem seems to appear in these :

Rome Total War : Intro movie look like crap
KOTR : Cutscenes and in game movies look like crap
NFSU 2 : In game intro (when you start a carrer) look like crap
Deus Ex IW : In game intro movie (when the terrorist detonate a bomb in Chicago) look like crap

Look like crap = 800 x 600/640 x 480 resolution , blurry and pixelated image

I have absolutely no problems other than that.The card perform great and my temps are good (51 idle -70 load stock cooling).It really like a video decoder/codec issue or something like that.That's why i asked if purevideo could have been responsible.

einstein_314
02-03-05, 10:44 PM
It could be that the videos aren't that high quality in the first place. The video may only be 800x600 but if you are playing the game at a higher res then it will stretch it and make it pixilated. So this only happens with prerendered videos? I'd say that's just how they are.

GlowStick
02-03-05, 10:49 PM
It could be that the videos aren't that high quality in the first place. The video may only be 800x600 but if you are playing the game at a higher res then it will stretch it and make it pixilated. So this only happens with prerendered videos? I'd say that's just how they are.
yes most games espicaly console ports.

Games that are like that are Prince Of Persia: Sands of Time, Chronicles of Riddik ETC.

hyakki
02-03-05, 11:38 PM
it could be your missing the indeo codec windows xp doesnt have this anymore i know battlezone 1 used the codec and videos played really bad so i got indeo xp and it works good ...

or it could be as the others said the different res make the video bigger causing pixels

Marcos
02-04-05, 08:17 AM
I know what hes talking about (i think), there is nothing you can do about it. hes talking about the non realtime pre rendered cutscenes. what Einstein_314 said is correct.

I always say to my friends, "why does this ****ing cutscene look like an old ladies ass"

Its becuse they are like DIVX or WMV and they are like 320x240 stretched to say 1024x768

edit: especially worse on LCD

Mr Six
02-04-05, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all your replies

So apparently it's the video themselfs that are crappy ?

Interesting

We almost have CGI quality in game graphics and the game developpers still can't make a video in a resolution higher than 320 x 240 ? lol (well at least on PC , never had that kind of problem with any consoles)

I am playing all my games in 1280 x 1024 4 x AA 8x AF so i guess that they get stretched quite a lot

That's pretty lame

And Hyakki , i already had the latest indeo codec so i don"t think that it have anything to do with it.