PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex?

Pages : [1] 2

CWB
11-26-02, 09:15 PM
I just bought an Audigy and it came with full version Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition. I took a peek at it and graphics seemed a little dated, but I know nothing about the game. Dont wanna waste time going through training and such if it sucks.

Anybody played it, if so, is it good? Whats it about? Recommend I try it?

The Baron
11-26-02, 09:37 PM
GREAT game. If you like System Shock, you'll LOVE Deus Ex.

thcdru2k
11-26-02, 09:38 PM
is it good? hahaha..

yes its very good :)

CWB
11-26-02, 10:01 PM
Ok, I just did training; what skills should I upgrade at start? I dont know which I'll need more as I'm totally new to the game...

The Baron
11-26-02, 10:13 PM
Doesn't matter... I don't really know to be honest, it's been a while :p

I guess I need to fire it up again...

vampireuk
11-27-02, 02:26 AM
The best one to upgrade at the start is the small firearms one, then you are skilled at it and the level becomes a lot easier:cool:

LORD-eX-Bu
11-27-02, 02:28 AM
You won't regret playing this game. I love it, one of the greatest games of all time!!! You might want to go to the website tho and pick up opengl and d3d updates for nv cards. :D ;) This is one of the few games that I actually enjoyed playing till the end! You've been missin' out bud.:D

EDIT: Get the accuracy mods first, you won't live long if you can't hit your target.;)

EDIT: Near the end of the training, did you find the secret thing in the wall?

EDIT: Every conspiracy in this game is based off of an actual conspiracy theory in the real world. It is about a global conspiracy perpetrated by none other than *spoiler* don't look if you don't wanna know
THE ILLUMINATI!!!

The Baron
11-27-02, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but it didn't have the Knights Templar--I was kinda disappointed. :p

DaveW
11-27-02, 12:42 PM
Ok, I just did training; what skills should I upgrade at start? I dont know which I'll need more as I'm totally new to the game...

You need to be atleast trained in the computer skill. It will allow you to help yourself to the cash in every ATM machine you come across. Also there are some computer terminals that don't have passwords written down anywhere and you have to hack them to use them.

You want to trained in at least one firearm. I liked the small arms (handguns) since a favorite weapon of mine early in the game was the mini crossbow.

You also need to be trained in the lockpicking, electronics and health kits. There is not enough exp at the start of the game to do all these but spend your exp on your first missions as you get it. The descriptions of these perks lie. They say that being trained in the lockpicking increase your locking picking efficiency "slightly". With one level of the lockpicking skill you can pick a lock with just 2 picks that takes 5 picks if you are unskilled. Its a 150% increase in efficiency from unskilled to trained. Same increase applies to the use of toolkits (electronics skill) and healthkits. If you are unskilled in any of these three areas you will run out of lockpicks, toolkits or healthkits at some point later in the game.

BTW I thought I read that the Knights Templar will be in Deus Ex 2.

The Baron
11-27-02, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DaveW
BTW I thought I read that the Knights Templar will be in Deus Ex 2.

ROCK! Can't wait now... :p

Fotis
11-27-02, 03:56 PM
Deus ex is one of the best games ever.Get the weapons upgrade first.

Greg
11-28-02, 08:01 AM
All of the above advice is good, play on!

Wasn't mission 2 way cool, must have finished it 4 completely different ways.

Nephilim
11-28-02, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
THE ILLUMINATI!!!

It wasn't the Illuminati. It was Majestic 12 and FEMA.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-28-02, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
It wasn't the Illuminati. It was Majestic 12 and FEMA.

Pay attention to the end. If you know stuff about the illuminati you will recognize it. MJ12 and FEMA were puppets of the Illuminati.;)

LORD-eX-Bu
11-28-02, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ***CENSORED***
Please help me in my flicker on monitor thread in general hardware.

Someone ban this guy or close his flicker on monitor thread.:rolleyes: :o

The Baron
11-28-02, 05:52 PM
Yeah, it's revealed at the end (the ending where you follow the guy who tells you that the world will return to normal, essentially) that MJ12 and FEMA and all of those things are just Illuminati puppets. Now the Icarus ending... that's kinda cool.

But I think the other one where you destroy... you know.... is the ACTUAL ending and leads up to Deus Ex 2.

Nephilim
11-28-02, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
Pay attention to the end. If you know stuff about the illuminati you will recognize it. MJ12 and FEMA were puppets of the Illuminati.;)

Eh...damn. Been so long since I played it. Maybe it's time to reinstall it. :D

LORD-eX-Bu
11-28-02, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Eh...damn. Been so long since I played it. Maybe it's time to reinstall it. :D

Yes, heh, its been too long here too. I am gonna reinstall it and cheat all the way thru it this time.:D :p ;)

***CENSORED***
11-28-02, 07:14 PM
originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu:

Someone ban this guy.

Guess i'm no longer welcome here.:(:o

edit:PS. I closed my flicker thread. You can still see me at guru3d.com forums from now on.

volt
11-29-02, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ***CENSORED***

Guess i'm no longer welcome here.:(:o

edit:PS. I closed my flicker thread. You can still see me at guru3d.com forums from now on. [/B]

That's right, you are not welcome here. Go spam somewhere else.

thcdru2k
11-29-02, 10:13 AM
*points and laugh*

haha owned by a mod

DaveW
11-30-02, 09:10 AM
But I think the other one where you destroy... you know.... is the ACTUAL ending and leads up to Deus Ex 2.

I thought DX2 was set BEFORE DX1.

vampireuk
11-30-02, 09:46 AM
no dx2 is based after I believe, since the entire world is well, you know if you have played it:D

The Baron
11-30-02, 11:22 AM
Yeah, it's after... In fact, you see the character for DX2 in _____________ at that facility in _____________ at the end of the game. Yeah, giving those couple of things away would be UTTER SPOILERS, so I'll be a nice guy. :p

Phyre
11-30-02, 09:18 PM
I went out an picked up this game. And, it looks very promising. I don't know how I passed this one up the first time.

I do have one problem though. When I have enabled a pistol, see a turret, or someone carrying a pistol or other gun, there is a square in front of the barrel with what looks like a muzzle flash map. This can be seen when the gun isn't even being fired. Is this something that can be fixed within the DeusEx.ini file or User.ini file?

Game version is 1112fm btw.

Phyre