PDA

View Full Version : NFS: U2 - PC or Xbox?

saturnotaku
02-04-05, 08:46 AM
I played through the NFS: Underground 2 PC demo and while the music still sucks, the gameplay experience was pretty enjoyable. I think I might want to pick it up, but I'm not sure if I want it for Xbox or PC. While the PC version will have the high resolution visuals and it's cheaper, I like using my Xbox controller (don't want to shell out for an Xbox -> PC adapter) and I won't have to deal with any porting bugs. <sarcasm>After all, we know how good EA is at fixing issues in a timely manner.</sarcasm>

But I will rest on your guidance here, if you think the PC version is the way to go, so be it. If it's Xbox, I'll have no problem with that either. Thanks gents!

|MaguS|
02-04-05, 09:01 AM
Eh, I got the Xbox version. The graphics are better on the PC but I feel alot more comfortable playing it at my Xbox.

Tr1cK
02-04-05, 09:08 AM
PC hands down. Most likely the consoles cant turn off the blurring options which IMO ruin the gameplay. I play mine @ 1280x1024 2xq AA and 8xAF and it looks superb! Dont do yourself the injustice, get it for the PC.

BTW - I use a $10 Gravis Gamepad Pro (looks just like a PS1 control) for it. Yea, I cant map ALL the buttons, but I do map the most important ones and the less important ones can still be mapped to the keyboard.

Buenamos
02-04-05, 09:13 AM
I prefer it on pc b/c the graphics are a hell of a lot better plus I'm using my xbox controller on my pc hehe ;). I'm kinda lucky when it comes to that b/c I didnt buy my adapter I just made it since I had an old fried xbox. It works great in NFSU2 and even better in the BF series. I highly recommend you buy an adapter and get xbcd drivers.

Marcos
02-04-05, 09:21 AM
xbox-> usb

Nitz Walsh
02-04-05, 09:56 AM
Bud, if you haven't gotten a dual-analog stick for your PC yet, you might as well take the opportunity now. There's a ton of decent console ports - and heck, some native PC games which use that control scheme very effectively. Regardless, all you need to hook up your Xbox controller to your PC is an Xbox & USB extension cable. Snip the ends off both, tie 4 wires together, download the drivers off the net - done. No harm to your Xbox controller if you perform the surgery on the extension cable so it can plug right back into the Xbox when you're finished. The cost with the two cables + the cheaper PC version likely makes both versions cost about the same, but you've also gained a controller for your PC that works with a ton of games.

saturnotaku
02-04-05, 10:18 AM
I'll probably end up getting the PC version. I just ordered an Xbox -> USB adaptor that was $10 shipped. I can use my Sidewinder in the interim. But if Xbox should make a late run, well...we'll see.

Serrasalmus
02-04-05, 01:33 PM
go with the pc version i run it at 1280x1024 4x and 8x and its beatiful i played it on the xbox and it just doesnt seem to be as good they did a great job the only problem i have with ti is that there are some textures that just dont look right and i think the music is good as long as you turn off all the hip hop songs and only play the rock and metal...just my 5 cents

john19055
02-04-05, 01:52 PM
I don't know about the X-box version ,but I love the PC version and the graphic is great and I turn off the motion blur because I don't like how it looks .I use my MS SW to play it and it is a lot of fun.

stncttr908
02-04-05, 02:04 PM
Meh, just get the PC version. Higher resolution, better all around visuals, etc.

crainger
02-05-05, 06:53 AM
PC version, so you can get both the Euro and US cars with the mod thats floating around the net

Cream
02-05-05, 08:25 AM
I have the P.C. version but use an Xbox pad.... best of both worlds...

I didn't realy like the Xbox version of the original so havn't even tried the xbox NFSU2.

and that's coming from an Xbox fanboy ;)

SH64
02-05-05, 11:26 AM
Pc .

jAkUp
02-05-05, 11:30 AM
Get it for PC, I usually like Need for Speed games, and this one seemed great. The demo was fun, but I just can't stand racers that don't have car damage anymore... I dunno why. I can't stand it :)

saturnotaku
02-05-05, 11:44 AM
I guess it's pretty obvious then eh? I'll pick it up as soon as I can.

SH64
02-05-05, 11:47 AM
I guess it's pretty obvious then eh? I'll pick it up as soon as I can.

Well yes .. thats 24 for PC vs 1 for the XBOX :D .. unless you still prefer the jaggies :p