PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop for pre-built servers?

joltcola
02-04-05, 11:53 AM
Was wondering what people's opinions on where to shop for a good pre-built server. Didn't wish to buy from Dell or the big companies. It'll be a storage area for an Access database, as well as an MS Exchange Server, Outlook, SQL, some other crap,email.. all that crap..

let me know

-- jolt

SpeedDemon
02-04-05, 12:42 PM
Was wondering what people's opinions on where to shop for a good pre-built server. Didn't wish to buy from Dell or the big companies. It'll be a storage area for an Access database, as well as an MS Exchange Server, Outlook, SQL, some other crap,email.. all that crap..

let me know

-- joltI build servers for small businesses all over the seattle metro area. I'd be willing to ship as well. Send me an email.

joltcola
02-04-05, 01:09 PM
I build servers for small businesses all over the seattle metro area. I'd be willing to ship as well. Send me an email.

I would, but our email server is down. Also, I'm not the one heading this up for the company I'm working for, I'm just looking for outside pricing. I think the tech guy that we pay 70 bucks an hour is giving prices on servers that are much higher than what they should be. I was just looking for a hardware list , and a price for it. If you could msg me an average price, that would be cool just so I have that information. If I have to say something, I'd like to have some information on hand. Its not even my department that is handling this, but I don't want the company shafted because of this. If I do step up, I'll will make sure they know its from you and your company. I'd rather give anyone the buisness than the big companies like dell.. etc

-- jolt