PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a dell 2001 fp good choice yes?

Serrasalmus
02-04-05, 12:37 PM
ok i just ordered a dell 2001 fp and paid 6 bills to my front door i did a lot of looking and found this to be the best one am i right in this choice i know that a few of you have it and was wanting some opinions on this matter, also does the 6800 gt have a digital dvi or analog im kinda confused about that......

i also got a neopower 480 hope its as good as the hype says it is.....

Riptide
02-04-05, 12:43 PM
The 2001FP is a great monitor for the money. Mine has only 2 bad pixels and perfect backlighting. I'm very happy with it.

The 6800GT should be fine and I believe it has a DVI out. Check the back of the card.

Serrasalmus
02-05-05, 12:28 AM
i know its got a dvi but im confused as to whats analog dvi and digital dvi or is dvi only digital...?????

Riptide
02-05-05, 01:45 AM
FYI, the analog connector will have only 15 pins. The DVI connector looks way different. Check your manual before you go hooking things up. :)

Serrasalmus
02-05-05, 03:08 AM
what i mean is waht is the diffrance between dvi-d and dvi-i

Sazar
02-05-05, 09:43 AM
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=1577&p=3

This is where the specification divides itself in two; the DVI-D connector features only the 24-pins necessary for purely digital operation while a DVI-I connector features both the 24 digital pins and the 5 analog pins. Officially there is no such thing as a DVI-A analog connector with only the 5 analog pins although some literature may indicate otherwise. By far, the vast majority of graphics cards with DVI support feature DVI-I connectors.

Vagrant Zero
02-05-05, 01:25 PM
The Dell 2405 is rumoured to be released in a few months. 24.1 WS. But ya I've got the 2001 and it's a kickass monitor.

Serrasalmus
02-05-05, 09:11 PM
thanks sazar thats what i wanted to know.......

Starscream
02-05-05, 09:41 PM
The 2001FP is a great monitor for the money. Mine has only 2 bad pixels and perfect backlighting. I'm very happy with it.

Maybe it's just me but I'd find that completely unacceptable.

Where I work we send back lcd's if they have even 1 bad pixel. If you bitch enough pretty much all wholesalers will take them back.

Riptide
02-05-05, 10:14 PM
Considering I've never seen a single display that didn't have one bad pixel... then yes I think it's being anal to send it back w/2 dead ones. I don't have the patience to go exchanging things 2-3 times just because of a couple minor issues like that especially when it has to be done via shipping.

I don't disbelieve that there are displays out there which are perfect... but they are IMO maybe 10% of the units out there. If it isn't a dead pixel it's a little backlight bleed or something else. I've never even seen a CRT, let alone an LCD, that didn't have something wrong with it or another. Problem pixels are commonplace to one degree or another, especially w/LCDs. There are bound to be people, some of them around here even, that may claim to have purchased one more more displays and had them come perfect each time. With all due respect... I do not believe them. They are missing something.

BTW, I've owned a 2000FP and a friend of mine also has a 2001FP. My 2000FP had at least one dead pixel and my buddy's 2001FP has 3 dead pixels (none in the center ofcourse). I sold my 2000FP to a friend and he did an exchange for a problem that had nothing to do with dead pixels and the replacement also had at least one dead one. I see countless Viewsonic panels at work and also other Dell models and the vast majority have one issue or another, usually very minor. And it's usually 1-2 dead pixels.

If you end up having to exchange at bare minimum 50% of the panels you buy at least once in order to achieve the level of perfection you want, that should kinda tell you something. The expectation is to high. And we would have to do that where I work if we wanted a perfect panel every time.

This is a sore spot for me when people complain about this stuff, no offense intended here. But expecting perfection is being silly IMO.

Serrasalmus
02-06-05, 12:05 AM
i can handle a few dead pix's as long as there not in the center.......

Riptide
02-06-05, 12:36 AM
If there were any in the center I'd return it to. Even one.

gamerpro28
02-10-05, 12:06 AM
http://www.gotapex.com/deals2.php

Just ordered one yesterday, and was able to get it for $529 delivered. Apex is a good site for discounts.

Cruel_Logic
02-10-05, 12:49 AM
Mine has NO dead pixels. I had my friend put it under a magnifying glass to see if there was anything wrong with it, he says that I got extremely lucky.

Serrasalmus
02-10-05, 01:07 AM
well i got it and its awsome no dead pixels and i cant see any thing else wrong with it so im stoked....some of you other guys would prob find something wrong with it but i cant....i now play all my games at 1600x1200 and holy kow the iq is amazing im very happy with it. need for speed underground 2 is freakin awsome on this monitor....

and on friday i will join the 64 club woot woot and the water cooling club.....

|JuiceZ|
02-10-05, 08:34 AM
well i got it and its awsome no dead pixels and i cant see any thing else wrong with it so im stoked....some of you other guys would prob find something wrong with it but i cant....i now play all my games at 1600x1200 and holy kow the iq is amazing im very happy with it. need for speed underground 2 is freakin awsome on this monitor....

and on friday i will join the 64 club woot woot and the water cooling club.....

Congrats man ;)

Riptide
02-10-05, 08:36 AM
Another note regarding dead pixels... You can sometimes have them show up a little while after you get the monitor so keep your fingers crossed. Also, my 2005FPW came with no completely dead pixels - but there is one pixel that is stuck red but ONLY on a black background. Not a huge deal. Other than that the only problem is some backlight bleed (common for that model).

Anyway, glad to hear you got a good one Serrasalmus! :thumbsup:

|JuiceZ|
02-10-05, 09:04 AM
Also, my 2005FPW came with no completely dead pixels - but there is one pixel that is stuck red but ONLY on a black background. Not a huge deal. Other than that the only problem is some backlight bleed (common for that model).

Must be a cowinky'dink, the stuck pixel on my 2005fpw is red/black too, heh.

Serrasalmus
02-10-05, 09:15 AM
i almost got the 2005 but i didnt i figured that this on would be just as good being the only diffrance i saw was widescreen and respnse time....and i didnt know about the 05 till after i ordered this one....