PDA

View Full Version : Logitech LX 700

extreme4377
02-04-05, 06:31 PM
Just got one in the mail today to replace my MX Duo. So far, very pleased. Anyone have or used an LX 700? Your thoughts?

CaptNKILL
02-04-05, 06:52 PM
Ive never even heard of an LX700... whats it like?

extreme4377
02-04-05, 08:26 PM
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2162,CONTENTID=9438

Its still charging so no experience using it yet but I can tell you that it does look a lot better in real life than in the pics. Its much smaller than the MX Duo and less bulky. The base station especially. More on it later...

SpeedDemon
02-04-05, 09:11 PM
I just got it two days ago and really like it. I'm coming from using the Logitech Cordless Desktop for Bluetooth so basically the same set up as you. I decided to move away from bluetooth because mouse movements just weren't smooth enough for gaming although i did enjoy the 10m range of bluetooth. I sit about 6-7 feet away from my 34" HDTV currently on my couch when I game, and the LX700 just starts to show problems at this distance if I sit in certain places, but others are just fine. I loved the fact with the bluetooth set up I never even had to think about signal strength; I just wish that Logitech could make a cordless desktop with either Bluetooth 2.0 or give me the same range with their regular RF stuff (BTW, MS is way worse for range).

So as far as the mouse and keyboard themselves, I liked the MX900 mouse a lot, and that's not to say that I don't like the new Cordless Click! Plus mouse, but I do think that everything about the MX900/700 as far as feel was better (MX900 wasn't as smooth on the screen as a regular RF mouse; due to wierd refreshing because bluetooth probably doesn't have enough bandwidth). The keyboard is a completely different ballgame though, I think that it is actually better than my old one due to the fact that it just feels more solid.

The truth of the matter though is that I don't plan on keeping my Cordless Desktop LX700 either though, because it was just something to hold me over to till the Cordless Desktop MX3100 comes out. It should serve me nicely though for 2-3 months.