View Full Version : Farcry Multiplayer pings...
02-04-05, 08:04 PM
anyone know how i can improve the pings? I get usually around 100 pings on the menu and rarely any time is it in the green.. I got 3mb cable speed.. I get really good pings in other games too..
02-04-05, 08:52 PM
It might just be poor netcode.
02-05-05, 11:56 AM
1. Download tcpoptimizer.exe. I know you can get it from majorgeeks.
2. Check the custom settings block (bottom right hand corner.
3. In TCP Receive Window put in '43800'
4. In MTU Discovery select 'Yes'
5. In Black Hole Detect select 'No'
6. In Selective ACKs select 'Yes'
7. In Max Duplicate ACKs put in '3'
8. In MaxMTU put in '1500'
9. In Time To Live (TTL) put in '64'
10. In the TCP 1323 block, leave the Window Scaling and Timestamps blank
11. Exit and reboot when asked.
That should improve online multiplayer games.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.