PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a Digital Camera

SH64
02-05-05, 03:10 AM
Ok i'm looking for a good digicam . my budget is around $100 . (if that budget is too low for good digicam , then mention the price so i can make my estimations)
i'm mostly looking at picture quality like what you can see in this thread :
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44510

the more details into what you recommend , the better :)

Sazar
02-05-05, 10:48 AM
budget is too low...

if you are looking for something decent (ie 3+ MP, prob look for at least 4) and decent optical zoom, you are probably looking in approx $200 + category...

I have a fuji finepix camera... cost after all kinds of coupons about $279, 10x optical zoom, 4mp + res... check out websites like coupon mountain (i think thats what its called) and see if you can get a better deal on certain cameras...

konica minolta/olympus/kodak/canon/fuji and a coupla others make good lenses and have nice features... they also have a large product portfolio so choose wisely when discerning between average - above averafe v/s the crap... :)

nrs421
02-05-05, 10:51 AM
a good site to check out camera reviews are

http://www.dpreview.com/

SH64
02-05-05, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info Saz .. & that website nrs posted is so helpfull , thanks dude :)

i realize now that my budget sucks ... maybe i need to increase it to $300 at least if i'm going to get a decent one .

Dr.Nick
02-06-05, 11:37 AM
The Nikon CoolPix 4300 is absolutely amazing for the price. Should be around $200 by now

CaptNKILL
02-06-05, 01:39 PM
I have a Canon Powershot A60 and its a great cam :)

Its outdated now (and I bought it less than a year ago!) but any of the other Canon Powershot AXX series are basically the same with more features. They are great on batteries (assuming you have a recharger, which is deffinitely worth the money) and take fantastic pictures and videos considering their low cost.

Mine was about $140 plus I bought a 256Mb CF card and that was in May, so you can probably get a better version (A70, A75 etc.) for less than $175 and it will be an amazing cam. I guarantee it.

BTW, it can take stills, record movies and sounds (with very good quality) and it runs on AA batteries (normal or rechargable).

EDIT: This might be a little out of your price range, but this is a very good buy and its from the same place I bought my cam.
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNPSA85#productIncludes

Canon A85 4.0Mpixel camera with a 32Mb CF card for $190. Not bad at all :)

bkswaney
02-06-05, 02:10 PM
I have a Nikon CoolPix 3100 and love it. :D

demonized
02-06-05, 02:57 PM
I second the canon Axx series. it takes great auto shots for newbs but has manual controls for those experts. Also the flash cards are cheap.

Acid Rain
02-06-05, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info Saz .. & that website nrs posted is so helpfull , thanks dude :)

i realize now that my budget sucks ... maybe i need to increase it to $300 at least if i'm going to get a decent one .

Yea, 300 is the range where you start to see some pretty sweet cameras.

100 is way too low, and 200 will have you cutting corners quite a bit, but it changes at 300.

Canon makes very nice stuff....