PDA

View Full Version : DISABLE or low rpm a 6800GT fan for 2dmode?

GuOD
02-05-05, 11:39 PM
I was wondering if it's possible to completely disable or at least lower the RPM of a 6800GT FAN to about 10% to make it extremely quiet at night. I know Expertool can take it to 50% so I'm sure there's somehow to hack/fix it to make it go lower than that?

$n][pErMan
02-06-05, 02:04 AM
Its probably not safe to go below that.. hence no option in expertool for it. I know if I set my GT fan at 50% the card idles at 51c.

rohit
02-06-05, 02:20 AM
There is a "Fan always on" checkbox that is enabled when you select "Manual Overclocking" from the "Clock Frequencies Settings" menu item in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
If you don't see this then you should install NVTweak.
(did a lil copy.paste work,)
(i wuld say u shldnt do it, it may fry ur card)

GuOD
02-06-05, 02:21 AM
[pErMan']Its probably not safe to go below that.. hence no option in expertool for it. I know if I set my GT fan at 50% the card idles at 51c.

My temps don't even change between 100% and 50% depending on room temperature. I idle at 49-50 at 50% while it's cool in the room and same at 100%. I idle at 51-52 when it's at 50% and hot in the room.. I know going to like 20% would majorly cut donw on the noise and I don't think there would be a problem at all.

I believe the "fan always on" you refer to is for certain cards that disable the fan in 2dmode. and I already run it at 50% so I don't see how much difference dropping another 30-40% can make, and I really doubt it would fry the card.