PDA

View Full Version : Muffled audio with Z-2300 speakers

Seth051
02-06-05, 02:55 PM
Hi, today I purchased the Logitech Z-2300 speaker system. They are awesome speakers. The sub is amazing, its huge. But the speakers don't seem to be performing like I expected. The audio is sort of muffled. My old set of Altec Lansing speakers sounded clearer then these. I had them for a few years, but the connection to the sub messed up here recently, so it made the audio muffled, and I had to jiggle the cord around to get it to sound good again. But see now these Z-2300's have the same sort of muffling sound as the Altec's did. Ok my computer is a piece of crap, it's a three year old HP, model #310n It has a integrated sound card. That is what im thinking the problem is, but I really donít know. My old Altec lansings didn't do this. Also when I use Windows media palyer, I have this plug in called DFX, it makes the sound awesome, it doesn't sound muffled then, so I really dont think it is the speakers.

So Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this muffled sound? I dont really want to buy a new sound card if I dont have to, but I'm thinking imah have to.

Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong place, didnt know where to post it. Couldn't find a Tech Support forum.

superklye
02-06-05, 04:36 PM
I was having the same problem with my Z-5300s after I got the SB Live! 24-bit card and the reason was because the audio was set at 48KHz and 16-bit instead of 96KHz/24-bit. I don't know if there is that sort of option on your integrated soundcard--I would guess not--but it's something to maybe look into.

Seth051
02-06-05, 07:38 PM
I was having the same problem with my Z-5300s after I got the SB Live! 24-bit card and the reason was because the audio was set at 48KHz and 16-bit instead of 96KHz/24-bit. I don't know if there is that sort of option on your integrated soundcard--I would guess not--but it's something to maybe look into.
There is no options that I can find. Do you think maybe that could be the problem, it is only a 16 bit sound card? I mean it is over 3 years old, when this computer was new it was already outdated by like two years lol..

I wont ever buy another HP product.

Nutty
02-06-05, 08:11 PM
Probably the drivers are lame for the onboard sound.

You can pick up a soundblaster live for prolly 20 dollars now.. Which will probably sound better. Maybe the onboard outputs just dont have enough oomph in them to drive your new big speakers.

Seth051
02-06-05, 08:19 PM
Probably the drivers are lame for the onboard sound.

You can pick up a soundblaster live for prolly 20 dollars now.. Which will probably sound better. Maybe the onboard outputs just dont have enough oomph in them to drive your new big speakers.
Yeah thats what im thinking. Thanks for the help guys.

Any more suggestions are welcomed.

saturnotaku
02-06-05, 08:28 PM
When you purchase a set of quality speakers, they will sound bad if hooked up to a sound card that isn't up to snuff. The Sound Blaster Live 7.1 is $30 and some places have the original Audigy for about $45. Get one of those and I guarantee those speakers will sound as they should.

Seth051
02-06-05, 09:18 PM
When you purchase a set of quality speakers, they will sound bad if hooked up to a sound card that isn't up to snuff. The Sound Blaster Live 7.1 is $30 and some places have the original Audigy for about $45. Get one of those and I guarantee those speakers will sound as they should.
Alright that convinces me even more.

Thank you.