PDA

View Full Version : My SB Audigy 2 Value Saga

zoomy942
02-07-05, 09:40 PM
well, i am very very disappointed. i bought a sblive audigy 2 value... and after 2 windows reformats and lots and lots of reboots later, i realized that the drivers creative offers are not very user friendly. if i didnt get an error that the drivers did not install, then i would get a access denied error DURING the driver install. if, by chance they did install, then i would not be able to get windows to boot unless i was in safe mode. needless to say this card is getting returned.

when i went back to my nforce 3 ultra audio, sure enough.. everything worked great.

i am thinking about getting another sblive 24-bit cause i cant afford too much more at the moment, and besides, that c ard is one of the only creative cards i never had troubles with.

Would having that card be better than my onboard? its hard to find info on that card.. things like, i have heard that it doesnt do hardware EAX and things like that.

superklye
02-07-05, 10:43 PM
Your old 24-bit is working great for me. :) Sorry things aren't working out for you :(

nrs421
02-07-05, 11:40 PM
i didnt have that problem at all. did you try downloading the latest drivers from creative's website and seeing if that works? i had that problem with my audigy platinum but it worked if i installed it after SP2 or after updating windows. i upgraded to the audigy2 zs platinum and did not have any problems whatsoever..

jAkUp
02-07-05, 11:50 PM
You did disable onboard audio in the bios right?

zoomy942
02-08-05, 05:50 AM
yeah i disabled onboard sound :). i went and looked for updated drivers but there werent any for this card. i have tried everything i can think of and i it never works. the only thing i avent tried is installing it with service pack 2 on my pc.

zoomy942
02-09-05, 07:19 PM
okay, so the card from Compusa didnt work but the one from newegg did.. suprise suprise.. anyway.. my 6800 and my audigy are sharing irq 16.. i know that this doesnt matter cause they are just virtual irq's but somebody just say it out loud so i can stop thinking about it

saturnotaku
02-09-05, 07:21 PM
i know that this doesnt matter cause they are just virtual irq's but somebody just say it out loud so i can stop thinking about it

If I were you, I'd move that sound card to another PCI slot. When I set up my present rig, my wireless NIC card and 6600 GT were sharing an IRQ. So moved it to one of the other slots and called it a day. I'm just glad I only have 1 PCI card. :|

zoomy942
02-09-05, 07:29 PM
If I were you, I'd move that sound card to another PCI slot. When I set up my present rig, my wireless NIC card and 6600 GT were sharing an IRQ. So moved it to one of the other slots and called it a day. I'm just glad I only have 1 PCI card. :|

dang it. alright. i didnt want to but i guess i should.