PDA

View Full Version : New UT2004 Patch Coming

jAkUp
02-08-05, 01:21 AM
Still beta:

General Gameplay:
- Fixed stuttering/snagging/sinking into static meshes in some places on clients in net games
- Improved getting out of water
- Fixed FaceClassic teleporter exploit
- The Cicada hud indicators should now show up in all game modes.
- Fixed SPMA causing damage at world origin.

Networking:
- Server performance improvements
- Cheating detection improvements, with shorter time for master server band detection
- Integration of UTAN bans with UT2004 master server. Admins can opt out by adding bIgnoreUTANBans=true to [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
- Fixed potential garbage collection crash when changing levels during network games
- Improved caching of server data for when you can't connect to the master server.
- UTV updated (netspeed fix).
- Better Client->Server->MS Error Messages

Engine:
- Improved level loading speed, especially on network clients
- Fixed calling SetBase(NULL) on all attached actors when an actor is
destroyed

Editor:
- Fix for importing static meshes

Menus:
- Model select page now properly selects the current char when you open it.
- Updated Korean localization

superklye
02-08-05, 01:33 AM
Any word on when it will be released?

jbirney
02-08-05, 08:52 AM
Any word on when it will be released?

Members of the mod list already have it :) Typically they release 4/5 patches to the list and their testers to have us flush out bugs. Depending on what we find and how serrious it will give an indication of when the patch is public. So far they have found a few bugs. Also now that UT2k4 is in the twilight not sure how many more patchs Epic will want to do before the work 100% on the next gen games...

LycosV
02-08-05, 12:24 PM
- Improved level loading speed, especially on network clients

Yay! Back in the demo my game loaded really fast. Once I got the real version it took forever to join on the net. Hopefully this will help out a bit.

Gator
02-08-05, 01:25 PM
sweet, I'll keep my eye out for this :)
:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

WimpMiester
02-08-05, 02:05 PM
I don't see any mention of fixing the GPF problem they introduced in the 3339 patch.