PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty re-enlisting (this year)

LiquidX
02-08-05, 11:58 AM
Awesome, I was waiting for some official word. I can only hope it will use the Doom3 engine. Image the visuals. :eek: COD still ranks up there as one of the best looking games and it was running on a modified Quake engine.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/07/news_6118141.html
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255440.asp

superklye
02-08-05, 12:16 PM
This is most excellent news! A Doom 3 based WWII game would probably kill me from amazement...now, if they have the Havoc physics engine in there and as much stuff to play with as HL2...we may have a real winner on our hands. :)

holmes
02-08-05, 12:51 PM
gamers rejoice!!!
:D

Riptide
02-08-05, 12:58 PM
Awesome. I really enjoyed the first one and the sequel. And I agree that it did look pretty good for a modified Q3 engine game.

Slyder
02-08-05, 02:27 PM
Excellent news... a sequal was inevitable

The original CoD easily scored 9.9 out of 10 for, but missed the top score due to (yet again) no co-op GRRRR!!!!

I can only hope co-op will be in CoD 2, but I seriously doubt it will be. Theres no doubting it will score just as high thou. :cool:

Mr_LoL
02-08-05, 02:51 PM
I enjoyed the first call of duty more than the expansion pack. Anyway cant wait for this

Nutty
02-08-05, 03:01 PM
Screw Havok, D3's physics were good enuff.
But yeah, D3 based COD = :drooling:

Ninjaman09
02-08-05, 03:09 PM
Screw Havok, D3's physics were good enuff.
But yeah, D3 based COD = :drooling:
I know, seriously. People seem to completely ignore the fact that Doom 3 has its own very competent physics system. We can only hope COD2 will be D3 based. :D

Slyder
02-08-05, 04:14 PM
I enjoyed the first call of duty more than the expansion pack. Anyway cant wait for this

Ditto and double ditto... :cool:

superklye
02-08-05, 05:28 PM
I know, seriously. People seem to completely ignore the fact that Doom 3 has its own very competent physics system. We can only hope COD2 will be D3 based. :D
Yeah, I always forget because I don't remember it being a factor ever.

Nutty
02-08-05, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I always forget because I don't remember it being a factor ever.
Maybe thats cos it integrated into the environment seamlessly ? :)
Seriously, when the alpha was leaked some dude did some movies of physics tests and it was awesome. It wasn't used much in the game because the cpu was already being cained by the shadow volume calculations, but its good.

Acid Rain
02-08-05, 06:51 PM
now, if they have the Havoc physics engine in there and as much stuff to play with as HL2...we may have a real winner on our hands. :)

They don't even need HAVOC. They just need to tune their own physics engine a bit to get similar results. ;)

*Wow, others have already posted the crap out of this:)*

As for CO-OP, WHY DON'T GAMES EVER HAVE CO-OP???

It would be so great if they would.

superklye
02-08-05, 07:07 PM
The last great co-op game I played was System Shock 2...and as I typed that, I had a revelation: The Doom 3 engine is probably the best engine for a remake of this game.

DO IT!

jAkUp
02-09-05, 12:31 AM
The Call of Duty 2 story today prompts the folks from PC Gamer Magazine to let us know that Call of Duty 2 is the cover story in their upcoming April issue, which will offer first details on the upcoming World War II shooter sequel.

w00t

gigapower
02-09-05, 12:41 AM
Doom 3 engine plus WWII = :drooling:

SH64
02-09-05, 01:01 AM
Sw33t!!! :super:

superklye
02-09-05, 01:40 AM
Doom 3 engine plus WWII = :drooling:
no. Doom3 + WWII = Wolfenstein.

Slyder
02-09-05, 01:47 AM
As for CO-OP, WHY DON'T GAMES EVER HAVE CO-OP???

It would be so great if they would.

Because while many believe game developers actually listen to the beta testers and public at test showings, truth is they dont. ;)

CaptNKILL
02-09-05, 03:18 AM
Hmm... CoD is another one I'll have to pick up when it hits bargain bin prices. The demo was really fun (though quite a bit like MOHAA). Great graphics too considering how old the engine is.

HowlingPhoenix
02-09-05, 12:48 PM
I just got CoD for $20 at EB Games, it was money well spent. I prefer it much more than BF:V

DEaD_IRiS
02-09-05, 07:19 PM
I really like COD multiplayer, in part because of it's ability to run 40+ player servers flawlessly. My only reservation about them using the DOOM 3 engine would be that we haven't seen that the engine can do 40+ player servers. Not that it can't. I just would like to see it handle at least that many.

PikachuMan
02-09-05, 09:01 PM
My only reservation about them using the DOOM 3 engine would be that we haven't seen that the engine can do 40+ player servers. Not that it can't. I just would like to see it handle at least that many.

Let's not get carried away here, they never said anything about using the doom 3 engine.

I'm glad to see them working on a sequel, but my ears are still ringing from CoD 1 :D

DEaD_IRiS
02-09-05, 09:39 PM
Sorry...I think I worded that poorly.

In fact I think I worded this poorly.