PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with my new 120MM Fan

toxikneedle
02-09-05, 12:41 PM
Hey guys I just got a new thermaltake fan 120mm for my case, heres a link (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-122&depa=0) to it. Now I have 2 questions:

1. Which way should I put it, I think the way its in right now its blowing air in, I heard I can also put it so it takes air out, I dont really know which is better :confused: ?

2. This fan came with an attachment for a heat sensor and a manual knob that I can change fan speeds with. I put it on full speed and its WAYYYY too loud. I want to put the heat sensor so it changes speed but I was wondering if anyone can suggest what's the best place to attach the heat sensor? On the side of the heatsink of CPU or just the case itself?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP, I APPRECIATE IT.

Ninjaman09
02-09-05, 12:57 PM
Well, you'll want an intake AND an outake fan, but outake is the most important. If the fan is for the back of your case, then yes, you need it to blow air out. As far as the heat sensor goes, I'd attach it to your hard drive or motherboard, if you attach it to the CPU heatsink it'll be on full all the time. ;)

saturnotaku
02-09-05, 12:58 PM
Hey guys I just got a new thermaltake fan 120mm for my case, heres a link (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-122&depa=0) to it. Now I have 2 questions:

1. Which way should I put it, I think the way its in right now its blowing air in, I heard I can also put it so it takes air out, I dont really know which is better :confused: ?

It depends on where in your case you're putting it. If you want it to suck air in, put it in front, if you want it to exhaust, it goes on the back. There should be arrows on the side of the unit that indicate which direction air flows and you need to make sure and mount it as such.

toxikneedle
02-09-05, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys, I came back when I had it on intake and the temps were crazy high, I opened my case back up and flipped it so it runs as an exhaust and it sure did help. The temps are much lower and Im quite happy with it :)

The weird thing is that for some reason MBM5 wouldnt let me login to windows. I had to uninstall it in safe mode, after which I was able to log back in. I'm currently trying to find a good replacement program to monitor my cpu temps.