PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GT oc issue

TheAquaticApe
02-09-05, 11:13 PM
This is a rather strange problem in CSS. For some reason in de_dust, on the underpass floor I get these wierd things when I use my flashlight.

http://www.k8mstudios.com/Pic01.jpg
http://www.k8mstudios.com/Pic02.jpg

The first w/o vsynce and the second w/ vsynce. The card is retail with the 66.93 Drivers. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks for any help in advance.

System:
AMD 64 3200+
MSI K8T Neo Mobo
BFG 6800GT OC
1 gig DDR Ram

hypertek
02-10-05, 04:31 AM
probably the game... who uses the flashlight in source anyways??

TheAquaticApe
02-10-05, 08:50 AM
No one, but still.

fugu_fish
02-10-05, 01:49 PM
This is a rather strange problem in CSS. For some reason in de_dust, on the underpass floor I get these wierd things when I use my flashlight.

http://www.k8mstudios.com/Pic01.jpg
http://www.k8mstudios.com/Pic02.jpg

The first w/o vsynce and the second w/ vsynce. The card is retail with the 66.93 Drivers. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks for any help in advance.

System:
AMD 64 3200+
MSI K8T Neo Mobo
BFG 6800GT OC
1 gig DDR Ram

How much of an overclock? I would get wierd flashing triangles in Joint Ops
when I clocked my eVGA 6800GT any higher than 375/1000.

Gentle
02-10-05, 02:15 PM
You might want to verify or validate your game "cache files".

Visit forums.steampowered.com/forums and search for validate cache files counter-strike source

Gentle

TheAquaticApe
02-11-05, 04:28 PM
How much of an overclock? I would get wierd flashing triangles in Joint Ops
when I clocked my eVGA 6800GT any higher than 375/1000.
Its not OC'ed by me, its the version that comes safely OCed actually.

Demanufakture
02-11-05, 04:49 PM
I have a bfg 6800 gt oc at default bfg speeds. its 370/1000mhz instead of 350/1000mhz. I have no problems at all in joint ops or any other game i have. I also never ever oc any part in my pc. Thats why i got the bfg, oc'd right out of the box. However, i dont have half life 2 and dont intend on ever getting it so i cant comment on that.

Kickus_assius
02-12-05, 03:06 PM
It's either video drivers or the game files being slightly corrupted somewhere. That isn't the kind of thing that's caused by ocing too much. If you were getting flickery texture corruption (mem too high) or little white specks (gpu core too high), that would be from ocing.

TheAquaticApe
02-13-05, 11:33 PM
Well I did submit a "bug" report. Don't know if that'll help. However I guess I can just wait for some new drivers and hope for the best :/ thanks anyways tho.

jAkUp
02-14-05, 12:22 AM
Get the latest drivers off www.nzone.com

I had the same problem as you, these drivers should clear it up.

TheAquaticApe
02-14-05, 12:24 PM
Get the latest drivers off www.nzone.com

I had the same problem as you, these drivers should clear it up.

So I want the 66.67 Beta Drivers?

TheAquaticApe
02-14-05, 05:09 PM
yes...well, 67.66 beta drivers.

Thanks the minute I get home, I'll try them out. :)

TheAquaticApe
02-14-05, 07:57 PM
Well so much for that :( same problem still w/ the 67.66 Beta Drivers. Any other suggestions or ideas?

TheAquaticApe
02-15-05, 02:14 PM
Today I tried Driver Cleaner cause I wasn't sure if all my previous ATI driver stuff was gone, so I went ahead and did that, uninstalled beta drivers and reinstalled them, nothing. Same problem, could it be a hardware issue?

Gentle
02-15-05, 02:50 PM
You might want to verify or validate your game "cache files".

Visit forums.steampowered.com/forums and search for validate cache files counter-strike source

Gentle

TheAquaticApe.

Five days ago, I suggested you do this.

Have you done this?

This may solve your problem.

Due to the "dynamic" patching of Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, you may have corruption in your game cache files.

Do that, and then tell us if you have these problems.

Gentle

TheAquaticApe
02-15-05, 03:19 PM
TheAquaticApe.

Five days ago, I suggested you do this.

Have you done this?

This may solve your problem.

Due to the "dynamic" patching of Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, you may have corruption in your game cache files.

Do that, and then tell us if you have these problems.

Gentle

Yes, sorry. I did try this 5 days ago and the same problem was occuring still. Sorry I didn't post that I tried it.

However, I tried it again today just to be sure and still the same problem.

TheAquaticApe
02-23-05, 12:55 PM
Well the other day I finally got a chance to test the card in a friends machine and he had the same problem. So he's gonna take it back since he works at Best Buy and helped me get a great discount on it. Aside from that, thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully everything will run smooth with the new card this time around.

bad news
02-24-05, 03:17 AM
BFG is aware and recomend you get a RMA and return it to them. The cards bios is corrupted and is causing pixelation or little white specks or triangles.. just by chance erase you gart drivers and try again.. it fixed the issue but perfomance is the pits..