PDA

View Full Version : 6800gt RMA'ed..How long did u wait?

TeaEtchSee
02-10-05, 06:45 PM
i RMA'ed my 6800gt on my 2nd system.

I RMAed it by www.buyxg.com (xtreme gear)

how long does RMA usually last? Because they recieved the packaged on Feb 1st.

ps...what does RMA stand for?

XP_GUN
02-10-05, 11:50 PM
RMA mean's Returned Materials Authorization

A RMA I think is good for weeks so itís ok. I didnít ship off my Antec replacement fan for about 2 weeks.

Also how come you just didnít RMA it from the manufacture of the video card, might have saved you some time in the shipping area with out having to go through buyxg ?

RealLifePixelShader
02-11-05, 02:45 AM
8 Weeks

TeaEtchSee
02-11-05, 08:55 AM
RMA mean's Returned Materials Authorization

A RMA I think is good for weeks so itís ok. I didnít ship off my Antec replacement fan for about 2 weeks.

Also how come you just didnít RMA it from the manufacture of the video card, might have saved you some time in the shipping area with out having to go through buyxg ?

Thanks for your reply.

I sent it to buyXG because i didnt know leadtek could have replaced it.

So buy xg just sent it back LeadTek? damn, thats the reason why the card was damaged, is threw awful shippin by UPS.

but the damage is part of Lead Tek, beacause they have the crappiest packaging. The card is wrapped around a plastic back with bubbles, unlike evga or bfg. Where the card is stable in the box.

sigh, this is a $380 investment gone sour

self0
02-12-05, 09:44 AM
my RMA with PNY was like 1 week, ultra fast

TeaEtchSee
02-12-05, 08:01 PM
my RMA with PNY was like 1 week, ultra fast

damn, if i knew you can RMA straight to the company i would have done that :(

bkswaney
02-12-05, 08:08 PM
Last card I rma's took just over a week. But I have seen it take 2 and 3 before.

rohit
02-13-05, 07:57 AM
Mi MSI 6800GT got spoilt in november, and i was told, i'll get a new or repaired MSI 68GT by december end. Jan'05 mid i was told i will recieve a new card by FEB 20th. or else i could get a leadtek card in 2 weeks time which is cheeper. so i chose the leadtek card, and got $80.00 back.

ALSO, the leadtek card, not onli is cheeper, but also equally good as the MSI. it offers more warranty period too. its a 2 slot HSF , slow fan, but cools as good as the MSI.
my temps on msi were 57*C idle/ 68*C load.
mi temps on leadtek are 58*C idle/ 70*C load.

Besides the HUGE bundle, and the OVER-HYPED HSF, msi offers nothing great for the extra 80 bucks.

02-13-05, 09:31 AM
well, i would like to RMA my tagen 480w. that was the culprit of my freeze ups!!! so unimpressive. but, i wouldnt want another one. id just want my money back tbh

SigmaOrionis
02-13-05, 02:28 PM
I had to RMA with BFG Tech and it took them a week to get the card out to me from the time they received it. So about two weeks total. It was a very long two weeks though:)

TeaEtchSee
02-13-05, 08:44 PM
man this www.buyxg.com is a joke. Its takin FOREVER!

i wonder if its possible to get a REFUND while the card is bein RMA'ed, because i feel like buying the BFG tech 6800gt here at BEST BUY....

sheesh :thumbdwn: