PDA

View Full Version : overclocking limit

adpr 02
02-12-05, 12:23 AM
my friend recently cooled his card A LOT. he can actually double the clock speed on his card. However, here is the problem. we know he can push it further than it allready is (double), but coolbits or rivatuner won't let us. it won't go that high. any recomendations to go higher? what can we do?

Edit: the core speed is really 230 but we got it to 500. coolbits is maxed out.

godihatework
02-12-05, 04:02 AM
coolbits info (http://www.theforumz.com/forumz/showthread/t-60832.htm)

good luck

toxikneedle
02-12-05, 12:17 PM
Hey I have a problem with overclocking limits but a little diferent. Now, I have still tons of room to move the slider but for some reason when I change it to higher than what it is now, it doesnt boot with it.

For Example, I have it on 375/766 right now, I had it changed to 375/770 and ran it stable for hours and stuff, and even 375/780 I ran stable. When I reboot the computer though, the clocks always go back to 766.... I have no clue why? I had a theory that maybe since I have RivaTuner, Expertool, and Coolbits all installed, one of those programs might be causing the problem.... although it wouldn't make sense. Does anyone know what the problem is?

adpr 02
02-12-05, 01:34 PM
nop. it doesn't work..... I installed coolbits first of all, and we can allready OC 100%. we need an extra 20% or so, but I don't know how to make it let me push more.....