Blueman
02-12-05, 07:27 PM
Hello,

First off here are my Specs

P4 3.2G
1G Ram
6800GT Video Card
XP SP2

I want to play warcraft 2 on my machie and it installs fine, But when i go play it the introduction movie stutters.. I don't mind that but when i play the game and want to move the screen to the left it's to fast..

Any ways to fix this

Thanks Guys :)

ChrisRay
02-12-05, 07:50 PM
The DOS version? The DOS version isnt compatible with Windows XP. If you buy Warcraft 2 battle.net edition you'll be able to play it though.

Blueman
02-12-05, 07:52 PM
The DOS version? The DOS version isnt compatible with Windows XP. If you buy Warcraft 2 battle.net edition you'll be able to play it though.

Thanks i have the Dos Version...

Now where to find the battle net edition :D

superklye
02-12-05, 08:17 PM
Best Buy for $20 or less.

SH64
02-12-05, 08:55 PM
I want to play warcraft 2 on my machie and it installs fine, But when i go play it the introduction movie stutters.. I don't mind that but when i play the game and want to move the screen to the left it's to fast..

Any ways to fix this

Thanks Guys :)

have you tried reducing the scrolling speed in the game options ??

saturnotaku
02-12-05, 09:24 PM
Or you might want to try a DOS emulator. DOS Box is one of the best ones. It's pretty much command-line only so you'll also want to grab a GUI frontend. I use D-Fend myself. It's worked with every single DOS game I've tried on it, including some old QBasic ones. :D

peeon
02-13-05, 02:32 PM
Actually Windows XP comes with a compatibility in itself. Navigate to the application program in the program folder and right click on the file. Under the compatiblity tab, select the different version of Windows and see if it will work again.

Btw, why go back to wc2?

stncttr908
02-13-05, 03:04 PM
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

Try that.

Blueman
02-13-05, 04:31 PM
Actually Windows XP comes with a compatibility in itself. Navigate to the application program in the program folder and right click on the file. Under the compatiblity tab, select the different version of Windows and see if it will work again.

Btw, why go back to wc2?

I'm findind that i liek older games than the new ones I have War 3 and the expansion.. Dont get me wrong its a great game but i prefer War 2.

Blueman
02-13-05, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys will give the DOS programs ago :)

ChrisRay
02-13-05, 07:35 PM
I tried emulating DOS and sound drivers for DOS and still always had problems. I was able to get Warcraft 1 working. But I gave up and got the battle.net edition with a Warcraft gift set.

WeReWoLf
02-13-05, 07:59 PM
God i love warcraft 2. Some of the most classic quotes come from that game.

Blueman
02-13-05, 08:06 PM
God i love warcraft 2. Some of the most classic quotes come from that game.

yep still a good game :D

Marcos
02-15-05, 07:42 AM
"what?"
"What do you want?"
"why do you keep touching me?"