PDA

View Full Version : Riddick pc error sbzengine.exe

Badash
02-12-05, 10:36 PM
Anyone found a fix for the sbzengine.exe error at startup? It does nothing not even checks the cd for secure rom, just gets that error. Also anyone find the DVD version of the pc game?

BioHazZarD
02-13-05, 03:27 AM
If you have bothered reading the games manual it says that if you are running XP you need Service Pack 1 or 2. win2000 its Service pack 4.

Morrow
02-13-05, 06:01 AM
Anyone found a fix for the sbzengine.exe error at startup? It does nothing not even checks the cd for secure rom, just gets that error. Also anyone find the DVD version of the pc game?

There were some known errors when starting the game on some PCs, I don't know if it has been fixed by you should check the official Riddick forums, the problem is mentioned several times there.

Badash
02-13-05, 09:02 PM
Got it working except AA hangs the FMV videos. So I haven't been able to use AA yet.
Works at shader 2.0 instead of 2.0++.

stncttr908
02-14-05, 12:04 AM
Got it working except AA hangs the FMV videos. So I haven't been able to use AA yet.
Apparently you can't at all.

Acid Rain
02-14-05, 12:32 AM
Apparently you can't at all.
Unless you take your shader mode down (in game) from 2++ to 2.0 Looks the same except you'll lose softened shadows. Not a big deal, especially since you'll also gain a ton of performance.

Also, if you set up a profile for the game so you can force AA, browse to the sbzengine.exe file in the "installed directory\system\" and then browse into the correct folder for your os and CPU. WaaaLaaa! It works like a charm.

Don't use the exe that intially starts the game, it doesn't work, at least not for me. Again, use the sbzengine.exe.