PDA

View Full Version : vf700 Cu question

GuOD
02-13-05, 08:05 AM
Firstly, I wondered if anyone had this fan and has compared it noise wise with the nv5? I read one person's review but that's all. I don't really like the Nv5 noise.

Second question: the vf700 has a 3-4molex adapter. There's white plug for quiet and black plug for max speed. However, it would be a pain to have to turn the computer off and open the case every time I want to change the fan speed.... so I wanted to know if this woudl work:

Antec truecontrol 550 = plug one case fan in to the "fan only" Psu connector AND plug the vf700 set to max volt into the secondary connector of the fan.

Therefore, case fan + vid card fan on the same fan only plug. Then, when I increase case fan speed the vid card speed will inrease as well. Would this work or is it not safe to connect a case fan AND the vf700 on the fan only line?

adpr 02
02-13-05, 11:30 AM
well, people originally sayed that it sucks and that it is only a quieter solution to cooling, nothing more. recent reviews however say that it does a great job of cooling. Some of them say it beats even the nv5.... just search around the web. I guess we can't really know until people start buying it, and tell us how good/bad it is.

GuOD
02-13-05, 11:39 AM
well, people originally sayed that it sucks and that it is only a quieter solution to cooling, nothing more. recent reviews however say that it does a great job of cooling. Some of them say it beats even the nv5.... just search around the web. I guess we can't really know until people start buying it, and tell us how good/bad it is.

Yeah, I've searched around and read tons of reviews.. the fact that it's quietier attracts me, ALSO the possibilitiy of having the fan speed increase/decrease with the case fans depending on temperature OR my control if I get a truecontrol.