PDA

View Full Version : Got a Nintendo DS today.

aAv7
02-13-05, 02:44 PM
They had them in stock @ Best Buy today and I was like %$#@ it. Didn't get any games or extras, but I plan on getting Mario. It comes with the metroid demo-I figure that will hold me over till tomorrow and i'll pick up mario (didn't have enough $$ on me today)

I was gonna hold off for the psp, but I know it will be damn near impossible to find for a few months after its release and I'm looking for something now, as since i've started my a+ class I have to take a 30-40 min. bus ride every morning to the train and a 30 min ride on the train to get downtown.So on a good day were talking an hour to school and an hour back. And 9 out of 10 times on the way home in the afternoon, I'm waiting 20 mins for my bus. So this will def. help pass time. ( You can only stare at the purty girls so many days before they think something...)

SH64
02-13-05, 05:16 PM
Heh yeah thats where i suppose the DS (or the PSP in that case) will come in handy , long time rides .. you might even notice some people to peek at you while playing :D

circuitbreaker8
02-13-05, 05:22 PM
I'm probably gonna save all my money and get PS3 and Xbox 2. That means no PC upgrades :) --You guys have to stop me if I do

Edge
02-13-05, 05:37 PM
For some reason I could never get into handhelds. I often spend long trips on the road with nothing to do, and I did find Advance Wars kinda entertaining, but for some reason I just never had any desire to play my GBA. In fact I ended up just emulating the games I was mildly interested in, mainly because I really hated the controls on the GBA (even though I owned most of the games, I never bothered to play them on the actual hardware). I donno...I guess handhelds just aren't my thing.

I'm probably gonna save all my money and get PS3 and Xbox 2. That means no PC upgrades :) --You guys have to stop me if I do

OK, I'm on an xp2000/Geforce 3 right now. If you honestly complain about "bad" performance in games and suggest that you want to upgrade from that computer, I'm going to personally go over to your house, take out your video card, beat you on the head with it, and then replace it with a Voodoo 3. There, how's THAT for an incentive not to upgrade :p

circuitbreaker8
02-13-05, 05:57 PM
For some reason I could never get into handhelds. I often spend long trips on the road with nothing to do, and I did find Advance Wars kinda entertaining, but for some reason I just never had any desire to play my GBA. In fact I ended up just emulating the games I was mildly interested in, mainly because I really hated the controls on the GBA (even though I owned most of the games, I never bothered to play them on the actual hardware). I donno...I guess handhelds just aren't my thing.

OK, I'm on an xp2000/Geforce 3 right now. If you honestly complain about "bad" performance in games and suggest that you want to upgrade from that computer, I'm going to personally go over to your house, take out your video card, beat you on the head with it, and then replace it with a Voodoo 3. There, how's THAT for an incentive not to upgrade :p

But I want dual SLI 6800 Ultras so I can raise my FPS from 90 to 120! :rolleyes:

:p

SH64
02-13-05, 06:05 PM
But I want dual SLI 6800 Ultras so I can raise my FPS from 90 to 120! :rolleyes:

:p

No , SLI offers double the performance .. so its 90 to 180fps :p

aAv7
02-13-05, 06:29 PM
if sli really did that I think we'd all get one...or two I suppose heh =)

I'm not much of a "hand-held gamer" either, but these rides have been freakin boring, and seeing that 1996 Mario64 brought back fuzzy memories of being 16, and a junior in HS. I had to get it, plus i've kept an eye out on future titles, animal crossing, metroid and mario kart are all coming soon, one month apart from each other, one comes out in march, one in april, one in may, nice! So it will keep me plenty busy at 7am on the bus heh. And I like the email, chat, pic functions they'll push as time moves on.

::: justifying purchase mode off ::: :D

SH64
02-13-05, 06:34 PM
Dont forget Castlevania DS ! ;)

http://www.worthplaying.com/upcoming_2005.php?op=viewarticle&artid=590

Zelda_fan
02-13-05, 06:43 PM
They had them in stock @ Best Buy today and I was like %$#@ it. Didn't get any games or extras, but I plan on getting Mario. It comes with the metroid demo-I figure that will hold me over till tomorrow and i'll pick up mario (didn't have enough $$ on me today)

Congratz on your DS! I love mine, it's a lot of fun. Metriod will probably hold you off for a day, but it's not that long (only a demo) so it's a good idea you're going to get Mario. They added a ton of new stuff (40 mini games and a bunch of new levels) to Mario DS over Mario 64, and it's still a fun game either way.

Remember that you can play GBA games too. I just got Zelda Minish Cap, and that one is a lot of fun.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-14-05, 01:58 AM
Congrats on owning your DS. I love mine to death, it's the best on-road gaming system posible. I have Mario 64 and Donkey Kong Country 2 games both installed in it right now...

That's why it's called "Pre-Ordering" a game before it's release date so you can actually get a system without having to wait months/years. I already have a PSP pre-ordered under my name and am just drooling over the fact that I can actually play Capcom fighting games with decent graphics on the road, as in Dark Stalkers :D wo0t!

|MaguS|
02-14-05, 07:19 AM
The DS was hard to find? :confused:

Man the Best Buy and Walmart near me have tons of them... and its six titles. Congrats tho, my friend likes it.

aAv7
02-14-05, 10:54 AM
Congrats on owning your DS. I love mine to death, it's the best on-road gaming system posible. I have Mario 64 and Donkey Kong Country 2 games both installed in it right now...

That's why it's called "Pre-Ordering" a game before it's release date so you can actually get a system without having to wait months/years. I already have a PSP pre-ordered under my name and am just drooling over the fact that I can actually play Capcom fighting games with decent graphics on the road, as in Dark Stalkers :D wo0t!

I'm against pre-ordering, takes away the thrill of the hunt ;)

Zelda_fan
02-14-05, 10:59 AM
The DS was hard to find? :confused:

Man the Best Buy and Walmart near me have tons of them... and its six titles. Congrats tho, my friend likes it.

I suppose now they are easy to find, but when I got mine they were flying off the shelves like nothing else. I began trying to purchase one around december 10th, calling stores every day to see if they had one in stock. I wasn't able to find one until the beginning of January, and a lot of stores were still sold out.

Edge
02-14-05, 01:18 PM
I'm against pre-ordering, takes away the thrill of the hunt ;)

Not to mention you can usually get it on sale the week it's released at any major retailer ;)

aAv7
02-14-05, 07:39 PM
I bought Mario64 last night, played it today, I have to say, it's so surreal playing Mario64 in my hands. It's crazy when I think this game came out in 96...9 frickin years ago...=0 Addictive though, I've been playing @ home after school, not just on the bus and train....which is suprising, cause I usually dont dig handhelds....I think the graphics are at a point now where it can be entertaining to play 3d games in your hand. I'd love to see them port doom to this handheld. =)

Ok, so I ignored my pc today and didn't load up a game of HL2 DM for the first time since it was released....I've been bashing nintendo's strategies in the market, and I still don't agree with alot of what they're doing, but I'll give credit whee it's due, they made one helluva hand-held here...this thing has so much potential...as does the psp...I can't wait for square to put FF3 on the ds....: drool :

FierceDeityLink
02-17-05, 07:50 PM
I want this game (Jam with the Band):
Jingle Bells: http://www.1101.com/nintendo/band_bros/jinguru_01.html
Hum Recording: http://www.1101.com/nintendo/band_bros/oshougatu.html
Mario Medley: http://www.1101.com/nintendo/band_bros/suits.html
Fullmetal Alchemist: http://www.1101.com/nintendo/band_bros/DS-demo.html

$56 to import with shipping from Play-Asia (Lik-Sang has free shipping, but I hear they take a long time to ship). Wario Ware Touched! DS also looks good...

I sent my DS to Nintendo for replacement today for dead pixels, so I guess I should be getting a new one in a week or so.