PDA

View Full Version : PC Gamer Brothers In Arms exclusive review

Geordan
02-13-05, 07:51 PM
Yes! In their newest Elder Scrolls issue (I don't know what month it is, PC Gamer is always off by at least one) They promised for next month another one of their butt-busting world exclusives, and I could only hope that it would be a BIA review. Translate this page!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
http://www.gaminghq.de/index.php?area=1&p=news&newsid=165

This probably means a demo on their disc, which means it being released on the net a bit before would be my guess. Although, I think I have decided that I will resist with all my soul playing the demo for this game, or reading the review. I haven't yearned to play a game so badly as this since ever, and I hate that by the time the game hits shelves and I get it, the two levels I've played over and over in the demo, are stale and disconnected from the rest of the game.
I don't want the spoilers that will be sure to exist in the review either, so I spose I really don't have any reason to be excited about this. Except for the fact that this is an indication that the game is coming soon. Shoot gosh dang I can't wait.

-Geordan

superklye
02-13-05, 08:05 PM
This is awesome! I can't wait for this game either!

EDIT: I was trying to read that site and wow...my German is terrible. 7 years and I understood about 10% of it. :(

nutcrackr
02-13-05, 08:51 PM
I thought they said a big exclusive, not to be negative but I don't see what's so big.:confused:

superklye
02-13-05, 08:58 PM
BiA is a big game...it's pretty highly anticipated.

Geordan
02-14-05, 12:18 AM
Honestly, I could care less about Half Life 2 and all the other big shooters like F.E.A.R. and stuff in light of BIA. They might be revolutionary action shooters, but BIA is far more revolutionary for the genre than either of those. It's gonna finally push other developers towards historical accuracy and nitty gritty realism. Call of Duty was fun, but all censored Hollywood action. BIA should finally be a good kick in the pants for the genre to grow up.

I really really hope we get to see our feet in this game though. It makes me so unbelievably mad that developers still think they can get away with the floating gun crap.

-Geordan

BioHazZarD
02-14-05, 12:33 AM
This game looks good.

Mr_LoL
02-14-05, 11:26 AM
:D cant wait myself

Ninjaman09
02-14-05, 11:50 AM
Anyone else find it mildly amusing that Germans are running exclusive previews and major fansites dedicated to a game about killing Germans?

CaptNKILL
02-14-05, 12:02 PM
Anyone else find it mildly amusing that Germans are running exclusive previews and major fansites dedicated to a game about killing Germans?
touche :lol:

Shaitan
02-14-05, 12:22 PM
I have had a few German friends I met in online mp games. They are very cool sorts. And they seem to be ravenous for mil combat games. lol Not to mention, in mp the German sides don`t always lose. ;p The game is not dedicated to killing Germans imho. It is a historical account where both sides are if anything dedicated to trying to win.

I hope after the next few years when everyone even associated with wartime Germany has passed on, that the newer generations not even born at that time ceases to carry the guilt burden of their forefathers. They are an amazing people who deserve their freedom.

Ninjaman09
02-14-05, 12:40 PM
The game is not dedicated to killing Germans imho. It is a historical account where both sides are if anything dedicated to trying to win.
...and the side you play as is the Americans. Whose dedication to win is directly correllated with killing Germans.
I hope after the next few years when everyone even associated with wartime Germany has passed on, that the newer generations not even born at that time ceases to carry the guilt burden of their forefathers. They are an amazing people who deserve their freedom.
Jesus Tapdancing Christ, where did that come from? :wtf:

superklye
02-14-05, 03:29 PM
As far as I know, the rest of the world has no problem with Germany or its people. We all hate Nazis.

S.I.N
02-14-05, 03:38 PM
Dont you love it when people make out the German army to be up standing citizens during WWII? I mean really look at all the accounts from jewish, handicapp and even gypsies in Germany at the time and they all say it was all good, Hitler was the man. I guess its the cool factor. :rolleyes: Come on demo. :D