View Full Version : bf1942

styles-T
11-29-02, 12:27 PM
Anyone try the BF1942 patch yet??

Im downloading it right now...

I sure hope they fixed the sniping this time around :mad:

Mojo
11-30-02, 06:59 AM
yep, havent tried online yet (i hear much of the weapon lag and overall playability is fixed)

AI seems alot better now, i no longer get headshotted by snipers shooting from the hip an instant after spotting me...

infact, ive started playing again because all of the piss annoying bugs are gone (AI mainly)

-Mojo

i swear even the plane physics have been changed... for the better...

MajBlunder
11-30-02, 07:08 AM
Yes the patch has helped this game alot.

I like the thing they did with the crosshair changing to show a hit be recorded.

1 major note, if ya have any mods installed, prior to upgrading to 1.2 u gotta either unistall the game and reinstall it, or delete the mods and return ur game to 1.1 or 1.0.
The patch incorporates a new file system for using mods, so it will not allow the game to start if ya have mods installed, belive me, I had the merciless mod (for blood and relistic flags) and it would send me right back to desktop when it tried to load a map.

Also it resets ur VideoDefault.con file, so if you are using XP and forcing higher refreshrates with a tweaker, ya need to go into the VideoDefault.con file and reset the

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 to this (change the 0 to a 1)

styles-T
11-30-02, 04:53 PM
yeah..

the shooting is way more accurate...but Im still getting some lan problems and weird kick backs to the desktop in the middle of a game.
??
all my other games run smooth as s*#$..
:rolleyes:

vampireuk
12-01-02, 06:32 AM
*sighs*

I want this game so badly.....it has one of the best ideas ever for multiplayer so many roles and vehicles. Buuuuut they just had to **** it up:(

Mojo
12-01-02, 10:27 AM
hehe, yeah. it seems like game developers are always poking fun at us (the public) by releasing games with amazing ideas and potential, but making it just beyond unplayable by one or two major issues such as awful lag or bad AI...

that said, v1.2 makes 1942 really quite solid now IMO
(not 'UT v436' solid, or 'Q3 solid' but solid nonetheless...)

-Mojo

DaveW
12-01-02, 10:34 AM
vamp, don't let the bug complaints put you off. Its a good game.

vampireuk
12-01-02, 11:22 AM
Well I do plan on getting it once I have done my upgrade. It's just really lame how its taken so long to address the bugs.

Gimme a Tiger!!! :D

styles-T
12-01-02, 01:51 PM
none the less..put an expansion pack out before a stable patch