PDA

View Full Version : Guild wars beta weekend feb 18

Pages : 1 [2]

Megasaxon
02-17-05, 06:12 PM
i believe that's probably there special edition or limited edition something like that

I thought it might be too, but it doesn't appear to be, going by what's on the site: http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=10778

Not forgetting that all games come out at about $90 here

If you would like to take up this offer we will charge a non-refundable deposit of $20.00 at the time of shipping the Pre-Order Box (which will come off the purchase price of Guild Wars when the game is released).

So it's $20 for the pre-order box, and $73.95 for the game.

That makes a bit more sense :)

dpagan
02-18-05, 07:49 AM
according to there website the beta begins this morning, crap i still have 7 hours of work, can't wait to get home

Sorrow
02-18-05, 09:06 AM
TODAY IS THE DAY FOR BETAH, I'm readdddy, as soon as I getout of class

Sorrow
02-18-05, 10:53 AM
Anyone have an update is beta is officially open yet?

dpagan
02-18-05, 11:12 AM
i won't be able to check till i get off of work, damn it :(

Sorrow
02-18-05, 12:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/WoWraid/NOOO.jpg

Megasaxon
02-18-05, 09:21 PM
i need a key :/

dpagan
02-21-05, 08:09 AM
sorry if you guys couldn't make it to this past weekends beta, but i have to say the game rocks, i created a new character so i started in ascalon before the war with the charr, and the visual were amazing, there were trees, waterfalls, rivers, there was also a snowy moutain which was nice it had frozen water that looked cool, it's just a nice experience overall, i can't wait to play once the game opens in april

Megasaxon
02-21-05, 08:37 PM
Did you get any screenies? if so, please show :D

dpagan
02-22-05, 07:06 AM
Nah i didn't but here's a link to a movie which shows exactly what i was talking about

http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/movies/default.html

*EDIT* by the way the next beta weekend will be in, march 18th

Megasaxon
02-23-05, 09:20 AM
Yeah, saw the movie already, was just hoping for some nice high rez screenies :P

T-Spoon
02-23-05, 12:21 PM
Here's a screenie of my geomancer (Elementalist/Mesmer) doing a little dancing in her undies in the Guild Hall. :cool:

dpagan
02-23-05, 12:25 PM
Here's a screenie of my geomancer (Elementalist/Mesmer) doing a little dancing in her undies in the Guild Hall. :cool:

hmm nice undies, hey are a guy and if so how many guys tried hitting on you cause you had you geomancer dancing in her undies ;)

UDawg
02-23-05, 12:27 PM
How do you get your pre-order packet? I pre-ordered it through Best Buy and was wondering when I would get the information to take part in the next beta?

dpagan
02-23-05, 01:07 PM
How do you get your pre-order packet? I pre-ordered it through Best Buy and was wondering when I would get the information to take part in the next beta?
i got mine from ebgames i went directly to the store, once i paid for the preorder they gave me the game box and in it was a poster, cd-rom with screen art, walpapers and such and a small envelope with a invite a friend beta card and my card which is good for all beta programs, by the way the next one is in march the 18th

Blacklash
02-23-05, 01:54 PM
Did I hear you guys right? No monthly fee?

I was kind of interested in the game anyway.

UDawg
02-23-05, 02:34 PM
i got mine from ebgames i went directly to the store, once i paid for the preorder they gave me the game box and in it was a poster, cd-rom with screen art, walpapers and such and a small envelope with a invite a friend beta card and my card which is good for all beta programs, by the way the next one is in march the 18th

So can I assume I will get a package in the mail some time soon? Remember I ordered my on-line.

dpagan
02-23-05, 03:05 PM
Did I hear you guys right? No monthly fee?

I was kind of interested in the game anyway.

yup no monthly fees, thats the main reason why i was interested in this game in the first place

dpagan
02-23-05, 03:06 PM
So can I assume I will get a package in the mail some time soon? Remember I ordered my on-line.
i don't know about bestbuy, if i was you i would call and find out, but you should be getting one, and when you do let us know what exclusive weapon for use in the game did you get

UDawg
02-23-05, 03:15 PM
Will do.

Now when you guys say this isn't like WOW (which I am hooked on) or EQ2, what exactly do you mean? As long as I can lvl up and get different weapons I will be very happy. Even if I can't this is still the type of game I like to play.

dpagan
02-23-05, 03:26 PM
Will do.

Now when you guys say this isn't like WOW (which I am hooked on) or EQ2, what exactly do you mean? As long as I can lvl up and get different weapons I will be very happy. Even if I can't this is still the type of game I like to play.

what i really like about this game is that it's really easy to level up, it's based on how much you go out there and fight instead of time spent in the game, to do the missions or quest you can use npc's instead of forming groups and there AI is damn good too, i like doing this that way i can get more rare items, cause if you're with others it assigns the items within the group, and since you've purchased the preorder all characters and items you have will no be reset you keep them once the game starts

T-Spoon
02-24-05, 06:50 AM
@Udawg: It's not like WoW in the way that this game actually take skill to beat someone else. It's about skill and not so about the you spend playing the game. Of course people who go out into the exploreable areas will probably get some nice drops unlike people who don't get into those areas, but it's not a must to go grind. And the low level cap (lvl 20) causes everyone to level up quickly so they can focus on character development.

It kinda uses the same concept as Magic: The Gathering. You have a set of cards (skills in GW) and when you 'fight' another player she/he will most likely have a different set of cards (skills) but still the same amount (8 skills in GW). And even if another player has bought another set of cards (the chapters in GW terms), you can still fight him/her with your original set.

In WoW, when you're on a raid, do you actually feel like it was YOU who made a difference on the outcome? I for sure know that I don't feel like that cause everyone who is about my level has the same amount of skills (or maybe even the same skills) that they can use in battle. In GW every battle is different because you can only take 8 skills out of a possible 150 skills (2 professions). And I'm not even talking about the characterdevelopment with all the attributes which make this game even more diverse. WoW only has the talenttrees which don't really make a big difference in most cases.

Guild Wars doesn't have that real MMO feel when questing, because you're in an instance. So you don't meet other players except for those who you teamed up with. But don't many people in WoW love to play the instances?

vampireuk
02-24-05, 06:55 AM
Will do.

Guildwars is nothing compared to WOW, trust me on this. If you love WOW then GW will bore the hell out of you, I've played two of the betas in the past and it is the most boring tiresome game I have played in some time. There is no more "skill" involved than in WOW, you press buttons and hope the other guys health goes down first.

T-Spoon
02-24-05, 03:56 PM
There is no more "skill" involved than in WOW, you press buttons and hope the other guys health goes down first.

Funny. That's exactly how I feel when playing WoW. And I've been playing for months already (thanks to the fact that I like the Warcraft world and storylines).

Now that I think of it, any FPS game or other RPG game is just pressing a bunch of buttons hoping for someone else to die sooner than you. But for me personally I did found that GW requires a lot of skill. Try playing some peeps from the Fianna, KOR, MYTH or Dild Omen... and you'll see that you won't cut it with just pressing a bunch of buttons hoping for someone's health goes down.

If you have selected the proper skillset for taking out a healer, it doesn't mean that they will work. It also takes timing (with the interrupt skills), health monitoring (using a spell like backfire to finish off an enemy who is casting a spell), energy management (messing with casters energy pool in order to make them helpless), and has quite a lot of new PvE content thanks to the innovative dynamic quest system.

WoW -> if you like to be immersed in a huge world with lots of other players, enjoy a good storybased game with lots of traveling and sightseeing.
GW -> if you enjoy PvP, instant action, occasional PvE, beautiful graphics.

Luckily I like both. :D

Sorrow
02-24-05, 04:01 PM
Now that I think of it, any FPS game or other RPG game is just pressing a bunch of buttons hoping for someone else to die sooner than you. But for me personally I did found that GW requires a lot of skill.

Feel like having a go in CS: Source and see if this "no skill shooting" is feasible against me? I'll show you why you need skill to play a game like source...