PDA

View Full Version : Guild wars beta weekend feb 18

Pages : [1] 2

dpagan
02-15-05, 09:19 AM
anybody here has an invitation to guild wars beta this weekend that they might want to throw my way?

Sorrow
02-15-05, 09:32 AM
If FP's offering beta slots, I know I'm getting in :D

Fatman
02-15-05, 09:49 AM
Whos giving away event keys? Can anyone confirm FP has keys?

dpagan
02-15-05, 10:39 AM
hmm..i had a previously been invited and i still have the key code i wonder if it will still work for this weekend and by the way last time i played the game rocked, great graphics and nice mission based system the only thing that bothered me a little was that i played as female warrior and some guys where trying to hit on me (whats up with that!) i was like dude i'm a guy!

dpagan
02-15-05, 03:53 PM
well i'm going to pre order the game this afternoon, and with the game comes a key code for a one time weekend beta event, who ever wants it i will let them have it, just make sure you post it first saying you want it and i'll PM it later today or tomorrow, according to game stop i'll get a disk + the key once i preorder

Fatman
02-15-05, 04:43 PM
I'll take it!!! TYVM :D

dpagan
02-15-05, 06:40 PM
ok fatman i'll pm the key code later on today or tomorrow, i just got my xfx 6600gt and it was DOA so i'm pissed at this time a brief look at the card and there a a circuit that has been welded sideways how did this pass QA is a mistery

dpagan
02-15-05, 09:16 PM

keycode PM

Megasaxon
02-16-05, 04:36 AM
mm, i wanna check out the new Ascalon stuff :)

i hope fp do have keys up for grabs, i want in :D

Sorrow
02-16-05, 11:56 AM
I've heard rumors of FP offering keys this weekend...let's hope so.

Oh by the way, I tried Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory MP beta...laaaaameee

dpagan
02-16-05, 12:34 PM
i played guild wars for two betas and i have to say it's a great game not only are the graphics nice it plays good, the missions are a good way to level up so you're rewarded by how much combat exp you have (not by time spent, which by the way sucks), you can even play solo (if you dare), and the most importantly NO MONTHLY FEES to pay, and i preordered my game and i got a special edition weapon (ithas bow) which i will put to good use, i believe depending on where you preorder the game you get a differently unique weapon i believe gamestop's weapon was a war pick, which is pretty cool to get plus in the game you're able to upgrade it too.

Sorrow
02-16-05, 03:04 PM
lets make a GW guild called Nvnews

dpagan
02-16-05, 03:53 PM
well if nvnews would sponcer us (like pay for half of the game) how about something like The Drunken Monkeys Guild

Sorrow
02-16-05, 04:01 PM
no way, not pay for the game, just make a game in GW to rep NVN :P

dpagan
02-16-05, 04:07 PM
for this weekend right? sure i'm in, you'll setup the guild? what will you name be in the game?

Rakeesh
02-16-05, 04:10 PM
whats guild wars?

Sorrow
02-16-05, 04:16 PM
Not just for this weekend, but for when it comes out :D

dpagan
02-16-05, 04:16 PM
it's a very nice mmorpg you can get more info here http://www.guildwars.com/

dpagan
02-16-05, 04:21 PM
Not just for this weekend, but for when it comes out :D
get it started, what the hell i'll join

Sorrow
02-16-05, 04:27 PM
well...Still have to get the "OK" from the NvNews crew

Megasaxon
02-16-05, 08:23 PM
I'd buy the pre-order package, but i've only found one store here in Aus that actually has it, and it's $96 :/ (that includes the game when it comes out)

MustangSVT
02-16-05, 09:19 PM
I really liked this game when I played it during 3 day open beta. It feels completely like a Neverwinter Nights, with better graphics, and more Diablo-esque (which is a good thing for me), and I like how easy it is to party up with others and so on.

I'm really considering buying it when it comes out, but I've heard some nasty rumours that it's short and that they'll basically force you buy the expansions. They're probably not true (I hope not), since the only reason I'm buying this game is because it's a mix of Diablo II and Neverwinter Nights and no monthly fee.

Besides, this game isn't even a real MMORPG. If some of you people are the EQ or DoAC or World of WarCraft type, this game isn't for you. It's not a MMORPG, and that's why it won't cost monthly fee. This game is more like Diablo II or Neverwinter Nights, which don't cost monthly fees either.

dpagan
02-16-05, 10:13 PM
I'd buy the pre-order package, but i've only found one store here in Aus that actually has it, and it's $96 :/ (that includes the game when it comes out)

i believe that's probably there special edition or limited edition something like that, but they should have the basic one that's the one i got for 49.99 us, i paid 10.00 to place the preorder, which came with a few goodies

CaptNKILL
02-16-05, 11:03 PM
I played the first free beta of this and it was ok... I wasnt overly impressed, but it wasnt bad at all. Graphics could have been more detailed (especially distant scenery) but it ran great as far as I remember. Plus it all downloaded quickly.

Sorrow
02-17-05, 09:04 AM
GW's PvP was sweet, and weapons looked awesome, I personally am looking forward to this.