PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Central - Diablo 3 Anyone?

DenverBuc
02-15-05, 08:58 AM
I heard a rumor today that Blizzard is scheduled to begin work on Diablo 3. The source is pretty reliable.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

I wish they would start on Star Craft 2 instead of reviving Diablo, but both Diablo games were great!

|MaguS|
02-15-05, 09:02 AM
Im guessing they have been working on Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 since they finished work on the previous ones.

Ninjaman09
02-15-05, 09:09 AM
I haven't heard anything about it, why don't you post a link or something so we can discuss the "source"? I can start a thread saying "Guys I heard from a good source that they're making Doom 4 already!" but it wouldn't do any good unless there was a credible news article to back it up.

superklye
02-15-05, 11:07 AM
I can't believe they haven't made a StarCraft sequel yet. How stupid of them.

stncttr908
02-15-05, 11:10 AM
Why? People still buy/play StarCraft. It's like the Half-Life of RTS games.

|MaguS|
02-15-05, 11:12 AM
I prefer WC2 to SC, but thats me...

superklye
02-15-05, 11:47 AM
Why? Because they've made how many Warcraft games? SC is just as popular, and usually, when something sells well due to popularity: a sequel is made to cash in on it.

DenverBuc
02-15-05, 11:48 AM
I haven't heard anything about it, why don't you post a link or something so we can discuss the "source"? I can start a thread saying "Guys I heard from a good source that they're making Doom 4 already!" but it wouldn't do any good unless there was a credible news article to back it up.

Dude when I get a link, I will. I am currently talking to someone who is negotiating a business contract with them related to the game and do not want to get him or his company in trouble. (Not that any of them read this bulletin board, but just in case they see it or hear of it.)

Why be such a a*s? I don't see why people on this board are always in a rush to ridicule people. I am posting what I heard. Some people will be interested to hear it - if you aren't, then ignore it and write me off as an idiot. No harm, no foul.

DenverBuc
02-15-05, 11:51 AM

I agree - many find StarCraft superior to warcraft. Maybe it is a genre thing (Sci FI vs Fantasy).

Anyway, It is still a HUGE game overseas - I think I read something recently on tournaments in Thailand or Taiwan or something. I think it was in the article about some kid dying from playing games too long in one consecutive session and living on caffeine (or something stupid like that)!

Sorrow
02-15-05, 11:52 AM
Let's try being optimistic!

Awesome! I can't wait to see if this is actually true, though I despise the whole Diablo series, maybe D3 will change my mind.

superklye
02-15-05, 12:07 PM
Dude when I get a link, I will. I am currently talking to someone who is negotiating a business contract with them related to the game and do not want to get him or his company in trouble. (Not that any of them read this bulletin board, but just in case they see it or hear of it.)

Why be such a a*s? I don't see why people on this board are always in a rush to ridicule people. I am posting what I heard. Some people will be interested to hear it - if you aren't, then ignore it and write me off as an idiot. No harm, no foul.
In this world of the New York Times and Jason Blairs, we need proof before we're going to believe you.

Ninjaman09
02-15-05, 12:08 PM
Some people will be interested to hear it - if you aren't, then ignore it and write me off as an idiot.
One step ahead of you buddy. :thumbsup:

Yes, a sequel to Starcraft is the only new game I'm interested in hearing about from Blizzard. In my opinion it and the expansion were the best games Blizzard has made to date (though I love all their other games). It didn't help that they ended Brood War on a cliffhangar.

I would like to add that on Blizzard's website there is a list of job openings for Blizzard North (the Diablo studio) listing Lead Game Designer, 3D Character Artist, Game Programmer, etc.

oldsk00l
02-15-05, 12:34 PM
again, cliffhanger endings suck, and I want a conclusion to Starcraft BW.

That reminds me, the ending for Freespace 2 sucked, and Volition never worked on it either *sigh*

gigapower
02-15-05, 12:50 PM
I'd love to see a World of Diablo

DenverBuc
02-15-05, 01:56 PM
One step ahead of you buddy. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Now THAT'S funny stuff! I walked right into that one, eh?

Anyway, I'm with you - SC 2 is what I would like to see, and I also did not like the cliffhanger ending.

Seems like the hiring notice backs up my rumor a little bit.

I'll talk to this guy again soon and see if I can get any more scoop. More when I get it.

Ninjaman09
02-15-05, 02:02 PM
I'm positive the job listings back up the rumor. However, there was never any question as to whether or not Diablo 3 would be made. In an interview with one of the devs I read years ago (on a site I forgot all about, so sorry no link) they stated that they would indeed return to the Diablo universe, though it was as vague as them saying they'd return to Starcraft. This news is nice as it definitely shows that the third is in some form of production. I'd still rather have SC2 though, yeah. :)

GlowStick
02-15-05, 03:54 PM
StarCraft is still being very much so played, more than alot of other games. If they put a SC2 out, they would split their user base. However what they need is a third expantion pack for SC!!!!

And/Or possibly update the dam engine and redo the graphics, while keeping the same look, just higher res.

Otherwise, a expantion with more 'world' types and a new map editor would do them good.

Subtestube
02-15-05, 04:33 PM
I agree... making SC higher res would revitalise it for me.. Great game. I still think it's probably the best pure RTS out there... I can't stand WC3 in comparison.

superklye
02-15-05, 07:04 PM
I loved WC3 and StarCraft and Brood War.

I haven't finished a single one though. :( I got close to beating StarCraft...I think I was on the final Protoss mission when BW came out and I started playing that online along with making my own maps.

Could someone PM me this "cliffhanger" ending?

Vagrant Zero
02-15-05, 09:07 PM
The Diablo Team left Blizzard and formed Flagship Studios. So who's making D3 if this pans out?

Zelda_fan
02-15-05, 09:22 PM
The Diablo Team left Blizzard and formed Flagship Studios. So who's making D3 if this pans out?

What?! When did this happen!

Rakeesh
02-15-05, 10:45 PM
I like starcraft better than WC2 because the UI is less frustrating, and I never really liked WC3 at all (I found the whole "role playing strategy" thing to be pretty gay, and its annoying that you can only build enough to send one wave of attacks at a time.)

Megasaxon
02-16-05, 07:39 PM
What?! When did this happen!

A while back, bill roper, and a few other high-up blizzard north folk sodded off.

And a few other chaps did the same, to form arena.net (guildwars).