PDA

View Full Version : Half Life at 1600x1200

rickshobbies
02-15-05, 05:12 PM
OK, I'm sick and can not be held responsible for rational thought! I wasn't thinking of Far Cry. The problem is with Half Life 2! :rolleyes:

I edited the last thread, but I can't change the title, so I figured since I didn't get it right the last time, I would repost. :angel:

I just purchased a Dell 2001fp for my BFG 6800GT to talk to and they are playing nicely together :)

I noticed a strange thing in Half Life 2 and I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed it. The native resolution for the 2001fp is 1600x1200. I had never played Half Life 2 at that res before, and surprisingly enough, it's quite playable at that res and looks sweet! What I noticed, though, is that the "ammo counter" doesn't display corrently. I only see a small portion of the upper left corner of the little box that shows the ammo left. You can see it change as you fire, but you have no idea what the number is. All other indicators seem normal.

Thanks to everyone to has attempted to help thus far, but I still have the problem in Half Life 2 at 1600x1200. I don't want to lower the res since it plays well and it's the native res for my LCD.

I do have an issue with Far Cry though. Even with mouse smoothing turned off, there appears to be slight motion blur in Far Cry that I don't notice in any other game. I noticed it on my CRT, but it's more noticable with the LCD. I don't think it's ghosting, at least not in the traditional sense. Maybe the effect is intentional?

Anyway, sorry for the mix-up! I played several games with the new CRT last night. Stayed up late and was sick, so my brain was offline!

Regards,

Rick

saturnotaku
02-15-05, 05:13 PM
After you change the resolution in the game, quit out, then restart. Everything should be back to normal.

rickshobbies
02-15-05, 05:15 PM
I tried that and it didn't help. I will go in and try switching resolutions then exit, then go in and switch resolutions back to 1600x1200 then exit, then go back in. Kind of a combination of the recommendations I have tried thus far. I'll post back if it fixes it.

Thanks!

R

ew2x4
02-15-05, 05:32 PM
I had the exact same problems. My Monitor maxes at 1280x1024, so I have to resort to 1158 or whatever that is.

Not sure what the problem is though.

WeReWoLf
02-15-05, 06:33 PM
Have you tried running Auto Adjust on your monitor? If that doesn't work, fiddle with the adjustments until it looks right.

Gentle
02-15-05, 07:15 PM
Try posting at forums.steampowered.com/forums and see if people know about this issue.

The only thing I would recommend is doing a game cache validation.

Some issues occur with Half-Life 2 that require this procedure. It's rather simple, but I don't have the command.

You actually enter it into your browser and it validates your game cache file.

It may very well fix your issue.

Gentle