PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. interview

Nv40
02-15-05, 11:18 PM
i was browsing in the stalker developer site.. the community is already modding it seems :) with their so creative stories that perhaps many of them could be used for the game.. i FInd what those developers are doing REVOLUTIONARY! in terms of community support ,(and the game also is looking very nicce) since they encourage people to give them ideas for things they will like to see in the game. they can't do every thing people ask ,otherwise the game will be more delayed or even never released if they keep adding features to the game. but still is impressive the support.. for example they have done a constest .. where the community compete to design the best monster for the game ,with story background and art.. the winner/(s) will be awarded.. and their creations will be in the game.. read their interview.. ~500 hundreds people participated there..

http://www.hcgamer.hu/gamer/index.php?p=5&c=11414&hw=1&tores=1

Edge
02-15-05, 11:33 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool. OK, now I'm a little bit reliaved about the delay. At least they're putting their time to good use. That's really quite neat if you think about it, I think more games should have community involvement on that level.

Nv40
02-15-05, 11:40 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool. OK, now I'm a little bit reliaved about the delay. At least they're putting their time to good use. That's really quite neat if you think about it, I think more games should have community involvement on that level.

indeed.. :)

they have counterstrike/quake Gamers to improve their multiplayer side of their game. according to the developers many of the game ideas came from the feedback or request of the comunity :) . its very rare to see that kind of support ..

here is the "Monster Ball" Contest Results..

http://www.stalker-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=contest&ss=monsters

they also have contests for story tellers about the game.

Skinner-BH71
02-16-05, 12:39 AM
"S.T.A.L.K.E.R. not in May - 03/02/2005 :thumbdwn:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl will not hit its previously planned May release date. According to GSC's Oleg Yavorksy, GSC stated, "We're happy THQ has afforded us more time to work on this. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is a huge, genre-defining game and we're going to make sure we release the game when it's reached our own very high standards, and those expected by our fans, and not before."
L I N K (http://www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html)

See ya. :(

dpagan
02-16-05, 12:58 PM
i am so waiting for this game, i know it has been pushed back but F.E.A.R is around the corner and i guess that'll keep me busy

ajay()
02-18-05, 04:21 AM
LINK (http://www.gamershell.com/news/20296.html)

Looks like it's nearly done anyway, would like to get on that test

dpagan
02-18-05, 08:10 AM
damn to bad it wasn't opened here in the U.S.A

Intel17
02-18-05, 11:09 AM
This game better turn out to have good gameplay, after all this hype.

dpagan
02-18-05, 11:21 AM
thats why i always wait for the reviews to post before buying i learned that from when i got "state of emergency" due to all the hype and i was soo pissed, that game sucked, i was fooled once and thats all it took (honestly it took 5 times, BUT THAT WAS ALL)

Intel17
02-18-05, 11:25 AM
To be honest, I was looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but they cut out Co-Op and they, for a while were majorly overhyping the graphics.

I think this game will be a flop.

dpagan
02-18-05, 11:29 AM
who know's we might be surprised with a well worth playing game at the end (i hope), co-op would've been great nothing like playing the game with a bud to watch your back (or shoot you in the back) to make the game even better

f|LtH fR@g
02-18-05, 01:27 PM
To be honest, I was looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but they cut out Co-Op and they, for a while were majorly overhyping the graphics.

I think this game will be a flop.

QFT.

_Thanatos_
02-18-05, 05:00 PM
Well, all this what we hear about STALKER is too much similar to Daikatana.
I hope I was wrong... I hope... But I haven't hope after that much delays.

Greg
02-18-05, 08:54 PM
Well, all this what we hear about STALKER is too much similar to Daikatana.
I hope I was wrong... I hope... But I haven't hope after that much delays.

I've never heard the two compared. I do however know a beta tester, and obviously I can't say anything about the game, but I will say he was thoroughly enjoying the game. That was a build from 6 months ago. I also played an alpha of the game at the nVidia booth at a trade show a couple years back and it looked great even for todays standards. Didn't experience gameplay though.