PDA

View Full Version : video stutters with drivers above 71.25

macachia
02-22-05, 08:26 AM
Hi, i have prolems with drivers such as 71.80, 71.81 and the new 75.90. I'm getting stutters in videos such as avi files

This does not happen with 71.25 drivers or the official 66.93

I'm running 6800 ultras in SLI on an asus a8n sli deluxe if it matters

thanks

bkswaney
02-22-05, 10:42 AM
This started happening to me a while back
even with the 67.xx drivers. :(

Gator
02-22-05, 10:45 AM
I'm using currently the 71.25 drivers and I've had no problems watching AVI, MPEG, or DVD movies. Might be something else causing the problem here. My first guess is you try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them fresh... or just try a different driver package like the popular 71.81 ;)

macachia
02-22-05, 12:18 PM
hi, i just finsihed formatting since it was a dirty installation that i had.

confirmed that it happened with all 70.xx+ drivers except 71.25

Dolby
02-24-05, 01:47 PM
I have the same issue with 2 BFG 6800 GT's and a A8N-SLI. After talking with BFG one of their techs suggested I look at the bios version of each card. In the nvidia display properties it will list the bios version of the card in the main PCI-E slot. So you will need to swap the cards to get the bios version of the other. I found that one card had a bios version of 5.40.02.15.05 and the other card is 5.40.02.36.10.

I also have another issue when running a game in windowed mode. If I hover my mouse cursor over an icon in my taskbar when the icon description pops up my FPS drops to zero and the computer really chugs for a few seconds. This happens with any DirectX video in a window. Wondering if you have that problem too?

I'm waiting for a call back from some one at BFG to see if they have some way I can upgrade the bios on one of the cards and still be under warranty or if I need to RMA it. Either way I'll let you know once the bios versions are the same if that fixed the problem.

EekTheKat
02-24-05, 05:36 PM
I had the same problem with this set + SLI . Temporary work around for me was to go into the control panel and change the global SLI settings to "single GPU".

Enabling the VMR may or may not give you better results as well. From the looks of it it's a glitch with SLI not properly shutting down when not in a game ( I get some weird split screen artifacts while playing certain videos as well).

BIOS revision according to the latest NVFLASH utility (which can check the bios revision of both PCI-E cards) is identical, so I'm guessing this is strictly a driver issue.

SquireSCA
02-24-05, 08:28 PM
Most of the newer drivers have this issue on my rig. The only ones with no issues for me are the XG71.24b

Too many people have had this issue for it to be coincidence...

Toss3
02-25-05, 07:40 AM
I got video stutter too with the 75.90's :-/ but sincer I changed to the 67.03b I've had no problems and all my games run smoothly :)

Dolby
02-25-05, 01:53 PM
I got video stutter too with the 75.90's :-/ but sincer I changed to the 67.03b I've had no problems and all my games run smoothly :)

I'm sure the 67.03b's dont support SLI.