PDA

View Full Version : Slow Internet After Formatting

extreme4377
02-22-05, 11:10 PM
After formatting today, my internet is painfully slow. Websites dont always load and when they do it takes nearly 10 seconds. Downloads are half the speed the normally are. Ive got SP2 installed and all drivers I can think of. Anyone have any ideas?

Clay
02-22-05, 11:13 PM
Did the install of your nForce drivers go smoothly? It might be worth uninstalling them and reinstalling. Another long shot idea is that maybe your Window hosts file is fouled up. I doubt that though. Also, have you power-cycled your modem?

extreme4377
02-23-05, 12:09 AM
Ill try a reinstall of my chipset drivers. If that doesnt work Ill try a power cycle

extreme4377
02-23-05, 12:24 AM
I reinstalled chipset drivers and power-cycled my modem. Internet still seems slow. I tried it on a computer connected wirelessly and it was slow too. Maybe its the ISP. Illl have to check it tomorrow. Anyone have any other ideas in the mean time tho? Thanks

jAkUp
02-23-05, 12:51 AM
Hmmm.. weird, never heard of such a thing. I would wait until tommorrow to see if its an ISP problem.

Can you hardwire your other computer and confirm if the net is indeed running slower than usual?

nVidi0t
02-23-05, 01:34 AM
Is it possible to try the connection on another machine? If a friend has a laptop try to test your connection on that to determine if it is a system or an ISP issue.

extreme4377
02-23-05, 05:28 PM
Its still giving me problems. Im gonna call Adelphia(my ISP) right now and see if theyre having problems. I live in Souther Cali and we've had whether ranging from blazing hot sun shine to pooring rain(2" in one day) to water spouts and tornados!

As for testing it on another machine. I can connect another computer and test it out. Thanks for the input. More the merrier!

jAkUp
02-24-05, 12:47 AM
Its still giving me problems. Im gonna call Adelphia(my ISP) right now and see if theyre having problems. I live in Souther Cali and we've had whether ranging from blazing hot sun shine to pooring rain(2" in one day) to water spouts and tornados!

As for testing it on another machine. I can connect another computer and test it out. Thanks for the input. More the merrier!

yea weird weather we are having huh? Yesterday it was pouring rain.

bkswaney
02-24-05, 12:50 AM
It's been weird here on the East coast to.

Today it was 74 degree's and very nice out.
Thur will be rain and a high temp of 40.
We may get snow towards monday. :(
Then backup to 70 by weekend. :rolleyes:

Also a bunch of tree's are blooming and flowers to. Go figure. :confused:

sytaylor
02-24-05, 02:50 AM
I had a similar problem ages ago, turned out I needed to update my USB driver... might be worthwhile if ou have a USB DSL modem :)

extreme4377
02-24-05, 04:40 PM
nope, the modem nor the router are USB. Modem to router is ethernet and router to PC is ethernet. No USB involved.

Ive tried using my older linksys 802.11b router and that just gave me nothing at all. No internet what so ever. I also tried a direct connection between my PC and the modem and still nothing.

Im lost and need to get this working ASAP. What can I do? ANother format?? TIA

extreme4377
02-24-05, 09:00 PM
Fixed it. I re-formatted and first try had my computer connected to my moms printer and both of our machines are running top notch again. Sorry for the troubles guys. Thanks!!!