PDA

View Full Version : New F.E.A.R Multiplayer Video

macatak
02-23-05, 05:18 AM
Worth checking out http://www.3dgamers.com/games/fear/downloads some cool effects

|MaguS|
02-23-05, 05:51 AM
Game looks awsome but you can see alot of frame rate issues with the video, hopefully it was because of the encoding.

macatak
02-23-05, 06:09 AM
Yeah, i got a sneaking suspicion that this game is going to need a pretty good setup to run it properly, i hope i'm proven wrong though :)

karkrash81
02-23-05, 07:30 AM
Wow...looks promising, Monolith seems to be keeping up their penchant for creating superb games (except contract jack)...

Blacklash
02-23-05, 01:51 PM
Looks interesting indeed.

On a side note, one thing that annoys me is the fact I am becoming more aware that many games don't play as well as they could because they over work the CPU and hardly use the massive muscle available to them from the GPU. It's kind of frustrating.

karkrash81
02-23-05, 02:47 PM
Yeah true, but they gotta cater to the folks with low end cards...high end monster cards are a small percentage of thier audience...

six_storm
02-24-05, 10:59 AM
Wow, those are some real nice effects. I also like the fact that there is a ton of blood hehe . . . . Looks great.

superklye
02-24-05, 11:15 AM
Holy crap...this game looks amazing! Those air-ripple effects from explosions and stuff are so cool! I can't wait for this game!

holmes
02-24-05, 11:21 AM
looks lilke I'm gonna need me a new video card... :cool:

CaptNKILL
02-24-05, 11:48 AM
Looks interesting indeed.

On a side note, one thing that annoys me is the fact I am becoming more aware that many games don't play as well as they could because they over work the CPU and hardly use the massive muscle available to them from the GPU. It's kind of frustrating.
I agree. Ive posted many rants on such things :p

HL2 is one of the big ones. I dont know what the hell has been happening over the past few years, but it seems like games used to actually be effected by changing graphics options, now they just run REAL sluggish or REAL smooth depending on the situation. Look at Quake 3 for example. That game had enough options that you could MAKE it run smoother if your CPU was a bottleneck. Now, they just overload the CPU with a lot of crap (which 90% of the time, gives no noticeable advantage in the gameplay or graphics quality) so that the game WILL run poorly in most cases and there are NO options that can fix it.

I dont see why they dont just get rid of all of the rediculous "artificial inteligence" that they add that slows games down, and use the AI from older games to improve performance. HL2 didnt have great AI. It felt just like HL1 to me, and that ran 20x better, regardless of graphics settings.

Also, realistic physics engines are great, yeah, but we need either more optimization or alternative physics engines (with less detail, but lower CPU requirements) to speed things up. When people blow things up in HL2 DM, my framerate gets cut in half, no matter where I am.

Ok ok, enough ranting :p

Lets just hope Fear makes some sort of attempt at CPU optimization.

Sorrow
02-24-05, 12:03 PM
Wowwwwwww Man the blood everywhere, the dismemberments, the physics, the explosions, mmm I can't wait.

nutcrackr
02-24-05, 04:52 PM
Looks really tasty, love those warping effects and the glass shards going everywhere. Animation looks a little dodgey but it overall it looks good.

macatak
02-24-05, 10:17 PM
If anyone is interested you can sign up for keys for the multiplayer beta at http://www.fileplanet.com

Sorrow
02-24-05, 10:28 PM
And...I'm in :)

Gotta love FP subscriptions, have my beta key, DLing client now.