PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
03-22-05, 05:37 PM
Ugh, not at all surprisingly, the servers are down. I'm sure for quite a few hours as usual. Oh well, I guess I can always check out the new patch tomorrow. :P

NEW PATCH TOMORROW!!!!!?

Ninjaman09
03-22-05, 05:40 PM
Dude, the patch was released today. It's out now.

But all the servers are down, so it doesn't do anyone any good. Apparently the downtime has exceeded 16hrs now.

Tyr-Sog
03-22-05, 05:49 PM
lol, patch didn't go over to smooth.

UDawg
03-22-05, 06:02 PM
I had no clue. I am at work So I get to miss a major part of the frustration. :D It is also funny that their website is slammed and no one can get into it unless they get lucky. BAHAHAAA!

Did you guys expect it to work well? LOL Here is something to keep you amused for a little bit. http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=329630 There is a niche for evey turd burgaler in the world.LOL!

Ninjaman09
03-22-05, 06:12 PM
Just a minute ago they updated the "3/22 Maintenance" thread to state that they "hope to get the rest of the realms up soon". Read the whole thread for great amusment.

DaveChambers
03-22-05, 10:06 PM
Dude, the patch was released today. It's out now.

But all the servers are down, so it doesn't do anyone any good. Apparently the downtime has exceeded 16hrs now.
Im still having login and dropped connection issues.

NWCook
03-23-05, 01:26 AM
Noticed that the bloom effect and anti-aliasing can be enabled at the same time with the new patch. Nice.

ChrisRay
03-23-05, 01:43 AM
Noticed that the bloom effect and anti-aliasing can be enabled at the same time with the new patch. Nice.

Seems to only work for Nvidia cards. One thing did happen though. The game was made SLI friendly. My performance @ 1600x1200 with 4xAA/16xAF has literally doubled :eek:

vampireuk
03-23-05, 06:06 AM
A few of us in our guild have started alt characters with the aim of making as many high level alchemists as possible for Arcanite. I believe once we are all a high enough level we should have at least 5 alchemists which will be at least 15 Arcanite bars a week. Plus I get to have a bit of fun with a rogue, I'm not using to losing so much health in a fight with a rogue :D

carkis
03-23-05, 11:01 AM
It also seems high resolutions aren't scaled anymore! 1600x1200 no longer looks like 1024x768 blown up. About time!

jcossin
03-23-05, 02:51 PM
Seems to only work for Nvidia cards. One thing did happen though. The game was made SLI friendly. My performance @ 1600x1200 with 4xAA/16xAF has literally doubled :eek:

Really? What kind of framerates are you seeing now at that res with 4x/16x?

Must......resist.....buying......SLI.......until.. .......next.......
generation.......nVidia.......hardware.....appears ........

Tyr-Sog
03-24-05, 01:16 AM
I'm really starting to think Blizzard bit off more then they can chew. :/

vampireuk
03-24-05, 03:51 AM
Yeah Blizzard seem to love bragging about the awesome stuff they are implementing while ignoring small problems which make the game rather annoying. Who cares about battlegrounds at the moment, fix the damn loot bug on low level herbs and mineral veins.

Of course it wouldn't be Blizzard if everything worked as it should :D

DaveChambers
03-24-05, 05:43 AM
I'm really starting to think Blizzard bit off more then they can chew. :/
The last content patch had similiar issues aswell :(

carkis
03-24-05, 11:08 AM
Insane lag for the past couple days ... hope it smoothes out.

vampireuk
03-24-05, 11:12 AM
Yeah I've been lagging to hell on the UK server that I'm on.

retsam
03-25-05, 01:41 AM
is anyone getting bad performance with the new patch ...i seem to have lost performance with the new patch... much much slower now ...

Blacklash
03-25-05, 02:19 AM
For sh*t and giggles I logged onto the top of the list for high pop PvP servers and had this ping to start with a noob and later went to a big 71ms. Of course there are a boat load of servers so some may be worse than others. To date I have tried playing six, at various times. The best MS has not always been on the lowest population server.

http://img230.exs.cx/img230/9151/wowscrnshot0325050210589cw.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Largest problem I have had on any server was one night on an RP server I was getting a lot of disconnects. They knew about the issue and fixed it.

Heres a great link for US servers. Lists server ruleset pop etc etc:

http://warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php

EDIT: Thought I would add this. I tried "Bleeding Hollow" this eve for four hours. Saw MS of 20-104 tops. Guess I am just lucky. It was in the top 3 high and is supposedly the most populated server. According to Warcraft realm.

ChrisRay
03-25-05, 03:39 AM
Really? What kind of framerates are you seeing now at that res with 4x/16x?

Must......resist.....buying......SLI.......until.. .......next.......
generation.......nVidia.......hardware.....appears ........

On Average I recieve anywhere between 70-100 FPS @ 1600x1200 with 4xAA/16xAF. Some areas drip down into the 50's but thats about as bad as it gets. With the exception of Auction House which dips int the 30's.

UDawg
03-26-05, 12:16 PM
Ninja looting!

I have done it TWICE in this last week. I am a good looter even in FFA but I looted paldrones from SM by accident. We went through again and got them for the priest. I felt bad but ya get over it.

Later in Uldaman I looted a 2h hammer by accident. A pally could have used it but I was checking the loot out and pressed the button on the hammer when I wanted the mageweave. LOL It was AH bait for me but the pally needed it. I just said sorry but they keep crying about it and said I should give him some money for it. I said fek that, he can duel me for the money if he wants but I would beat him LOL!

Anyway admit your ninja looting mistakes for all to see. :D

DaveChambers
03-26-05, 02:02 PM
Ninja looting!

I have done it TWICE in this last week. I am a good looter even in FFA but I looted paldrones from SM by accident. We went through again and got them for the priest. I felt bad but ya get over it.

Later in Uldaman I looted a 2h hammer by accident. A pally could have used it but I was checking the loot out and pressed the button on the hammer when I wanted the mageweave. LOL It was AH bait for me but the pally needed it. I just said sorry but they keep crying about it and said I should give him some money for it. I said fek that, he can duel me for the money if he wants but I would beat him LOL!

Anyway admit your ninja looting mistakes for all to see. :D
Its people like you who tend to keep me away from pickup groups. If theres any item, and you cant use it, dont roll - simple as that. If no one can use it, then everyone rolls. Its pointless to grab 2 handed hammer if you either cant or arent going to use it when someone else will. The 80s you got for it isnt that big a deal.

Tyr-Sog
03-27-05, 02:17 PM
Blah, roll on everything inless it's a bind on pickup and someone needs it or it's blue and someone can use it. That way it's on a fair scale, everyone has a chance and if someone needs that item, arrange for the trade or sell after the instance. I've been in so many(although I stay far away from them now) instance where when all is said in done, you can't roll on anything, lol. Someone needs it for the alt, their friend, enchantment, blah, blah, blah... Or you get the guy tht has to have that green weapon,bothers the piss out of you for it, so you give it to him and at the end of the instance you check to see if they are using it and what do you know, nope...Wanted the same reason you wanted it, $$.

DaveChambers
03-27-05, 07:00 PM
Blah, roll on everything inless it's a bind on pickup and someone needs it or it's blue and someone can use it. That way it's on a fair scale, everyone has a chance and if someone needs that item, arrange for the trade or sell after the instance. I've been in so many(although I stay far away from them now) instance where when all is said in done, you can't roll on anything, lol. Someone needs it for the alt, their friend, enchantment, blah, blah, blah... Or you get the guy tht has to have that green weapon,bothers the piss out of you for it, so you give it to him and at the end of the instance you check to see if they are using it and what do you know, nope...Wanted the same reason you wanted it, $$.
This is why you dont do instances with people you dont know :)

UDawg
03-28-05, 05:33 AM
Its people like you who tend to keep me away from pickup groups. If theres any item, and you cant use it, dont roll - simple as that. If no one can use it, then everyone rolls. Its pointless to grab 2 handed hammer if you either cant or arent going to use it when someone else will. The 80s you got for it isnt that big a deal.
Umm, it was a accident. I thought I made that clear... I pass up most the stuff on quests.

I always post Greens and Blues when looting so everyone knows what is there. If it is gray i take it.

DaveChambers
03-28-05, 10:53 AM
Umm, it was a accident. I thought I made that clear... I pass up most the stuff on quests.

I always post Greens and Blues when looting so everyone knows what is there. If it is gray i take it.
Ah, didnt know it was an accident :) All is well then. I did the same thing before, accidently rolled on a blue BOP from Herod in the SM and everyone freaked out and I was like geeze, sorry I didnt know. That was when I was still really new to the game.