PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
03-28-05, 12:47 PM
Ya that was my point. I felt like a major heel when I did it. I did how ever go to the AH and buy my guildie who could have used that particular item a better ugrade.

Ya it just happens every now and again.

Tyr-Sog
03-29-05, 07:34 AM
Has anyone had the chance to play GW? I'm just curious on how it compares to wow. How is its pvp system, lvl caps, does the armor have great variations, do the areas load or is it like wow, how is the COMMUNITY lol, etc, etc....

Tyr-Sog
03-29-05, 08:27 PM
Yep, think I'm cancelling my account. With in a week Blizzard has managed to turn one of the lowest populated servers in to a bloated, laggy, queing pile of crap. They opened the gates for the warsong people to flood in to this server. So now, instead of one high populated server they have 2 with twice as many pissed off people. Why not just transfer them to those few new servers they opened a month ago or better yet, with the profits they are cashing in on create some new servers.

I already left the server Ner'zhul and a lvl 48 character because of these issues and here I am again. I said if this happened again I'd cancell my account in which I will do. If they seem to fix the issues by the time my subscription is done, I'll resubscribe. Somehow I don't see that happing though. Like I said earlier, Blizzard bit off more then they can chew.

Is this a bitch, your damn right. $15/month buys me that.

Oh yeah, and guess what I'm qued for. For some fuk-tards running around in lvl 1 nakid toons spamming up the ah, SM, TM, XRs thinking it's cute leaving their nakid corpse around. Guess the community isn't much of a inncentive to stick around either.

ChrisRay
03-29-05, 08:31 PM
TyrSog. I understand. Even my server has a 20 minute queue on it. This service is clearly uinacceptable.. Atm theres a bunch of servers down. So all the bored people are flooding the lower population servers..

UDawg
03-29-05, 09:21 PM
Yep! I have considered canceling my account. Blizzard is the worst I have seen with their servers...except UBI. They blow chuncks. Any way I love this game but find my self wanting to clean my house instead of waiting for my que slot.

ChrisRay
03-29-05, 10:03 PM
http://www.altgaming.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=101&Itemid=35

This kinda sums up my feelings about the current status of WoW..

UDawg
03-29-05, 10:42 PM
This is total crap! I really am pissed that I wasted the last 3 months on this game only for them to intorduce a usless patch that did NOTHING but make things worse. Not only did the NOT listen to their customers but they added crap NO ONE WANTED. WTF IS A MEETING ROCK!? I don't want a meeting rock. I want my warrior to be able to dull out more damage then a FEKING SHAMAN! truely pathetic how they completely nerfed the warrior in this game. I do love my warrior but it is only because eveyone has to be a puss and pick a friking rogue or a shaman. FU BLIZZARD AND GET UR ACT TOGETHER!

Have you also noticed that even getting onto their useless site is a pain in the ass!? Especially when they are having problems, for get about it. They have that useless real status page. OH THAT WORKS GREAT.

ELUNE: Status, up and low population. UDawg goes to log in... FULL OR LAGGED TO DEATH!

I swear these servers and coders are a group of five 6th graders in their parents basement laughing thier asses off and looking at noodie magazines.

peeon
03-29-05, 10:55 PM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-status&t=917&p=1&tmp=1#post917

The duplicate name bug affecting multiple realms has been fixed, and these realms are now back online. It is possible in some cases that characters may appear missing from the character selection screen. If you should see this issue, please log into the game using another character and page a GM for assistance accessing your character

My server is still down tho...

UDawg
03-29-05, 11:04 PM
can u transport your toon to another realm for a time then transport them back? WTF AM I ASKING THIS FOR!? THE DAMN TRANSPORT DOESN'T EVEN WORK!

ChrisRay
03-30-05, 04:34 AM
Well I canceled my account. I may come back.. But Blizzard has a lot to learn. They arent going to learn unless the public does something..

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 09:28 AM
God, please don't turn this thread into a Blizzard bash-fest. It's what makes the official forums so horrible and useless. No offense guys but just because you can't play the game for a day or two while a new patch comes up doesn't mean the game will be broken forever, so quit whining about it. Tyr-Sog, I think your complaint is the only well-grounded one I've seen.

Tyr-Sog
03-30-05, 09:29 AM
I just reactivated EQ2. I'm gonna juggle between the 2 for now just because I got my best friend started on wow and I feel bad the time he invested in it and I split. He's also getting tired of the horrible service. I'm gonna let him play eq2 top see if he likes it. The only probem is he's do for a new pc bad so eq2 might not be an option.

fugu_fish
03-30-05, 10:01 AM
God, please don't turn this thread into a Blizzard bash-fest. It's what makes the official forums so horrible and useless. No offense guys but just because you can't play the game for a day or two while a new patch comes up doesn't mean the game will be broken forever, so quit whining about it. Tyr-Sog, I think your complaint is the only well-grounded one I've seen.

It's been more than a day or two. The last month has been nothing but disconnects, roll-backs,server crashes, etc. The patches seem to make things worse. My server has been down for 2 days. People are understandably frustrated. Don't tell us to stop whining.

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 10:05 AM
It's been more than a day or two. The last month has been nothing but disconnects, roll-backs,server crashes, etc. The patches seem to make things worse. My server has been down for 2 days. People are understandably frustrated. Don't tell us to stop whining.
STOP WHINING.

The last month has been smooth sailing for most people, and it sucks that you've run into problems, but they won't last forever and screaming about it on message boards isn't going to do anything. This has until now been a constructive, useful thread about WoW. I would like to see it stay that way.

If you hate the game so much just quit, like ChrisRay or Tyr-Sog, and play another game. Or (god forbid) DO SOMETHING ELSE.

UDawg
03-30-05, 10:14 AM
Don't get me wrong Ninjaman, last nite was great not playing games. I got a lot of stuff done around the house. My problem is that I have had nothing but server problems since I got this game. I get boot much of the.

You may have had a better experience tham me and that is great but all I can go by is the service I have receive since I started it. We pay for their servers to be up and running not for patch after patch and down time. If your ISP had this level if incompitence you would move to another ISP. This is not difference. If you are not getting the service they advertised then you are well with in your right to move to a competitor. The fact that it is just a game is not an argument. It is a service contract we all pay for.

If this happend once in a great while I wouldn't think about it twice but it happens almost every other day for me. Before you start questioning my computer spec and my ISP please don't. I have been playing games on line for a very long time and my computer is more than fine. I know what to expect from on line gaming. This is the same problem I had with UBI. I refuse to buy any of their product and play them on line. They plane suck. Blizzard is theaching me the same lesson. It is a shame to because I love this game dispite the fact that the warrior is under powered compared to other classes.

fugu_fish
03-30-05, 10:17 AM
STOP WHINING.

The last month has been smooth sailing for most people, and it sucks that you've run into problems, but they won't last forever and screaming about it on message boards isn't going to do anything. This has until now been a constructive, useful thread about WoW. I would like to see it stay that way.

If you hate the game so much just quit, like ChrisRay or Tyr-Sog, and play another game. Or (god forbid) DO SOMETHING ELSE.

Quite the overreaction. Voicing a concern is not screaming. We can talk about the good aspects of the game here but not the bad? Just trying to get the ground rules straight.

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 10:56 AM
Don't get me wrong Ninjaman, last nite was great not playing games. I got a lot of stuff done around the house. My problem is that I have had nothing but server problems since I got this game. I get boot much of the.

You may have had a better experience tham me and that is great but all I can go by is the service I have receive since I started it. We pay for their servers to be up and running not for patch after patch and down time. If your ISP had this level if incompitence you would move to another ISP. This is not difference. If you are not getting the service they advertised then you are well with in your right to move to a competitor. The fact that it is just a game is not an argument. It is a service contract we all pay for.

If this happend once in a great while I wouldn't think about it twice but it happens almost every other day for me. Before you start questioning my computer spec and my ISP please don't. I have been playing games on line for a very long time and my computer is more than fine. I know what to expect from on line gaming. This is the same problem I had with UBI. I refuse to buy any of their product and play them on line. They plane suck. Blizzard is theaching me the same lesson. It is a shame to because I love this game dispite the fact that the warrior is under powered compared to other classes.
I have to admit, being on Gilneas affords me the luxury of never being subject to crashes, rollbacks, disconnects, or extended downtimes. I'm sure I would be more emotional about it if I had to deal with it. I'm certainly not saying you shouldn't be able to quit the game if you don't feel satisfied with the service - I'm just saying that it's sort of redundant to continually complain about server downtime and not do anything about it.

And Warriors kick a lot of ass, though some of their better skills come with higher levels. I don't think it's fair to make a comparison between classes until you're talking about end-game (60 vs 60). I just went on a duelling spree outside of IF the other day and took down pallys, other warriors, a rogue, a mage, and a druid. I'm pretty geared-out for my level, so that helps, but even so I was winning by a wide margin quite a bit. Pallies can't do much when they can't cast Holy spells for 6 seconds. :D

Priests pwn all though. I was dead before I could ever touch the bastards.

As for PVE Warriors are practically required for groups for anything 50+, especially endgame raids. No other class can tank nearly as well as a warrior.

UDawg
03-30-05, 11:20 AM
I understand your points and they are well made.

WRT to warriors as you know I also love my warrior and I am always in high demand in my guild. Never the less you have to admit it bugs you that a rogue and shaman can deliver the same or at least close to the same DPS as a warrior with melee weapons. That is total bull. They have nerfed us and it sux. The problem is I am addicted to this game but not being able to play it because of servers being down will cure that addiction real fast. :D

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 11:26 AM
I understand your points and they are well made.

WRT to warriors as you know I also love my warrior and I am always in high demand in my guild. Never the less you have to admit it bugs you that a rogue and shaman can deliver the same or at least close to the same DPS as a warrior with melee weapons. That is total bull. They have nerfed us and it sux. The problem is I am addicted to this game but not being able to play it because of servers being down will cure that addiction real fast. :D
Well with rogues, no, it doesn't bother me at all. Rogues are supposed to deal a LOT more melee DPS than warriors - that's their class role. Get in and out quick. They can't tank at all and solo can really only take on 1 or 2 mobs at a time, and cannot hold aggro. Warriors are meant to be tanks, not melee DPS machines.

Shamans arguably do not deal more damage than a warrior, though it really depends on what skills/talents are being used. A warrior can go DPS through the Fury tree and deal out quite a nasty amount of damage. Warriors haven't been nerfed, I think they're right where they should be.

If you want melee DPS you should play a combat rogue, they're DPS gods. Warriors are not supposed to be able to deal out the most melee damage - they're supposed to deal out moderate amounts of damage while keeping aggro on themselves and letting the rest of the group do the damage-dealing. They're definitely a party-oriented class.

UDawg
03-30-05, 12:21 PM
More good points. Thanks for putting it into perspective. ;)

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 12:37 PM
Hey, no problem. I know how you feel, that's what I was thinking at first too, but you gotta think - warriors already have the highest AC, most HP, and generate a lot of aggro. On top of that, their DPS isn't all that bad. I'm very happy with where they are now, and that last patch fixed every single complaint I had with the class. In my opinion it is now perfect. :D

UDawg
03-30-05, 01:10 PM
I do like the fact that my guild wants me to be in every quest they do now and I am only a lvl 47 warrior. I think I am understanding better the role Blizzard envisioned the warrior to be. Holding agro and staying alive will delivering DPS is the role while others like the mage do big damage and control runners when I can't get a hamtring on. I have noticed that hamstring doesn't always work on dwarf elites. they are quick little bastards that run fast even with a fresh hamstring. They aggro like son-a-bitches.

I just complete my Arms part of the build and am now working on fury. I love the fact that we can essentialy fight two or three badies at the same time. My guild didn't realize that. They ignored me when I say if you are tagged stay right next to me and dont move. I will pull them off you or if more than one I will deal big damage to both while fighting a third, then I will get to ya. They now are finally seeing the aggro control I have. Some times the group just has to trust you. If I say run then it means we are screwed. :D

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 01:30 PM
I just love charging head-on into a group of mobs, grabbing up as much aggro as I can, and watching them drop like flies as the nukers and rogues pick them off one at a time. Sweeping Strikes and Mortal Strike ensure that I do my fair share of damage as well, and if I need to it's easy to switch to Defensive stance and taunt/spam sunder. :D

UDawg
03-30-05, 01:44 PM
Taunt is a must to keep dumb priest alive who think they are tanks :D or who have no clue where to stand in a instance and aggro a whole room. I stance dance a lot, tough revenge is pretty pathetic but it is getting better now that I have it improved.

Here is a question, does charging especially in a instance aggro? I have done it in a small mob and not aggroed anyone but I would like to know for certain before I make a decission on whether or not to use it.

My second question is does intimedating shout aggro as well. If we are out numbered I would like ot use it but fear aggroing more to our spot.

carkis
03-30-05, 02:03 PM
Intimidating Shout aggros if noone else is hitting that mob; then it becomes useful. Thunder clap is the same way. If there is a non-hostile beast nearby however, they will become your new friend too. The radius of the shout will aggro, but it's not that large.

Not sure about charge though.