PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Ninjaman09
03-30-05, 02:10 PM
Taunt is a must to keep dumb priest alive who think they are tanks :D or who have no clue where to stand in a instance and aggro a whole room. I stance dance a lot, tough revenge is pretty pathetic but it is getting better now that I have it improved.

Here is a question, does charging especially in a instance aggro? I have done it in a small mob and not aggroed anyone but I would like to know for certain before I make a decission on whether or not to use it.

My second question is does intimedating shout aggro as well. If we are out numbered I would like ot use it but fear aggroing more to our spot.

You generate more aggro if you are the first PC the mobs "notice", and even more so if you land the first hit, and you usually Charge into a group (thus drawing more aggro to yourself). Casters will easily override the initial aggro you pick up, but it's a good way to keep it on you for the other melee classes. Movement speed does not have an effect.

Creatures that run into other groups from Intimidating Shout will aggro more on you and it is suicide to use this ability in an instance; it is strictly for soloing.

UDawg
03-30-05, 02:54 PM
That is what I thought about intimidating shout.

As far as charging, lets say I am in SM doing Doan (not sexually :D) and I charge the first two in the hallway. You are saying it will not pull the next two further down that hall? I was told never to charge because it will aggro the whole room. I said yes if I pick a guy way in the back and my path goes through the whole room but if I just charge to the first two guys I am sure it will just hold aggro and not pull more. Am I bassically right?

UDawg
03-30-05, 02:58 PM
Intimidating Shout aggros if noone else is hitting that mob; then it becomes useful. Thunder clap is the same way. If there is a non-hostile beast nearby however, they will become your new friend too. The radius of the shout will aggro, but it's not that large.

Not sure about charge though.
Ya thunder clap is safe to use in the mob that you are fighting but if you are in BFD for example taking on the turtle boss you cannot use thunderclap unless you want to fight the other turtles that may be close.

Thunderclap is great to use on ogres and dwarves since they will pound you very quickly and you need to slow their attack a bit.

carkis
03-31-05, 10:34 AM
Creatures that run into other groups from Intimidating Shout will aggro more on you and it is suicide to use this ability in an instance; it is strictly for soloing.
My bad, I was thinking of demoralizing shout. Yeah, intimidating shout is suicide :D

Ninjaman09
03-31-05, 10:51 AM
That is what I thought about intimidating shout.

As far as charging, lets say I am in SM doing Doan (not sexually :D) and I charge the first two in the hallway. You are saying it will not pull the next two further down that hall? I was told never to charge because it will aggro the whole room. I said yes if I pick a guy way in the back and my path goes through the whole room but if I just charge to the first two guys I am sure it will just hold aggro and not pull more. Am I bassically right?
You'll aggro what you would normally aggro, Charge doesn't increase the radius of your aggro or anything. However, if you run through a creature's aggro radius during your charge you will have a new friend. If there are creatures arranged like this:

X X

<- Monsters!

X X

O <- You!

...and you charge the first two, the last two will not aggro unless you are inside their aggro radius. However, if you charge the last two, you will pull all 4 because you'll charge right through the first two.

UDawg
03-31-05, 11:36 AM
Right, that is what I told my guildies but they said I was wrong. My reply was "are any of you warriors"? I was then told I don't know how to play a warrior. Sigh So I charged in SM and NOTHING BAD HAPPENED! The only thing that can happen is if your lvl is to low. They will smell you and that aggros not the charge. Thanks for confirming what i already knew but I need another well infromed opinion on this.

Ninjaman09
03-31-05, 01:34 PM
Well, plus, you HAVE to Charge! It's 15 free Rage, for chrissakes (21 with Talents)! Sounds like your guildies are a bunch of retards, heh heh. :D

UDawg
03-31-05, 02:08 PM
Yeah, they just never pay attention to warriors. BTW what realm are you on and can I migrate from Elune to yours so I can get in a guild that understands warriors? ;)

DaveChambers
03-31-05, 02:25 PM
Ah well, I am rested all the way to 58 and then some, so I dont mind a little bit of downtime :) :)

Ninjaman09
03-31-05, 02:32 PM
Yeah, they just never pay attention to warriors. BTW what realm are you on and can I migrate from Elune to yours so I can get in a guild that understands warriors? ;)
Sorry, I'm on Gilneas and I don't think they are allowing people to migrate there (at least I hope not...hearing how bad it is for other servers). You might try looking for a new guild though. :D

Nuvian
04-01-05, 03:36 AM
hehe,been reading thro the whole thread,and was wondering if the honour system has gonne live yet?and will it effect pvp aswell?saw some posts like 10 pages ago that said it will only effect pve,altho the official WoW site said it would effect pvp aswell,still waiting for my copy of the game (damn thing is sold out in europe).
planing on a nice warrior fury/arms build focused on slow 2 hander and crits.

Ninjaman09
04-01-05, 09:18 AM
hehe,been reading thro the whole thread,and was wondering if the honour system has gonne live yet?and will it effect pvp aswell?saw some posts like 10 pages ago that said it will only effect pve,altho the official WoW site said it would effect pvp aswell,still waiting for my copy of the game (damn thing is sold out in europe).
planing on a nice warrior fury/arms build focused on slow 2 hander and crits.
If you're going for that you should go for an Arms 31/Fury 20 build with Axe Spec. Make sure you get Deep Wounds and Impale, and Improved Overpower is REQUIRED. At endgame go for an Arcanite Reaper and you'll be set. :D

The Honor system is not going to be implemented for PVP UNLESS Blizzard finds that griefing becomes so disruptive as action needs to be taken. As it is, you can only be griefed on a PVP server and frankly there's no point in playing on a PVP server anyway (unless you like corpse runs) so I'd stick with PVE and enjoy Battlegrounds once it comes out.

Nuvian
04-01-05, 10:51 AM
thanks for the tips,im going pvp server,mainly cause i got some friends allrdy on a pvp server,so i got the impression that on pvp server the honor/rewards will be from ranks gotten from killing players not NPCs.

carkis
04-01-05, 12:33 PM
Ah well, I am rested all the way to 58 and then some, so I dont mind a little bit of downtime :) :)
How do you know how far it's extended? I can't find the limit bar for rest :confused:

DaveChambers
04-01-05, 03:35 PM
How do you know how far it's extended? I can't find the limit bar for rest :confused:
Well Im 57 now, so I have rest all the way to 58 I know and I dont know how much beyond. GypsyMod will give you a numerical value on your rest tho.

carkis
04-01-05, 05:11 PM
Well Im 57 now, so I have rest all the way to 58 I know and I dont know how much beyond. GypsyMod will give you a numerical value on your rest tho.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Tyr-Sog
04-03-05, 02:30 PM
ok after lvl'ing a shaman to 47, priest to 47, rogue to 32 and a handful of lvl 10-15 characters, I can say I'm officaially bored of this game. I'm also assuming because of the amount of lvl 50-60's that hang around Org and IF dueling and dancing that from lvl 47 and beyond much doesn't change and might not be worth the time.

Everytime I get on I find myself in the same routine. IF to Southshore, mount and ride to TM to see is anything going on, if so PVP for a bit, get bored, hearth back to IF to see if there's anything to buy, as usual nothing, maybe run and do a quest which of late just seem to be quest that send you from one end of the continent to the other, back to SS, repeat.

Last night did ZF twice, couldn't stomach another time in there. Same with SM. I never even hit SM with my priest becasue I did it so many time with the shaman. So to say instance are fun the first time, 2nd, 3rd, etc, times just drags and I can't wait for it to end.

We raided UC last night, about 50 of us. Mostly lvl 40-60. Made it to the banshee chick only to get wiped out. It was fun but it was a one shot deal. No res'ing that deep in. Not sure the time and effort to get everyone together to do it was worth it.

I dunno, it's a great game and the most fun I had with a game in years. Just think it lacks a bit of content, community sucks, and Bliz seems incompetent at times. May just need a break. (mag)

DaveChambers
04-03-05, 05:18 PM
I was the same way Tyr, I got bored for about a week, but the game gets really fun beyond 55 when you can do some of the high level instances and grab some really kick ass items. Right now I just want to hit 60, just hit 59 atm so who knows :)

Tyr-Sog
04-03-05, 06:03 PM
I was the same way Tyr, I got bored for about a week, but the game gets really fun beyond 55 when you can do some of the high level instances and grab some really kick ass items. Right now I just want to hit 60, just hit 59 atm so who knows :)

Yeah, I just picked up SC: Chaos Theroy. First game I bought since eq2/wow came out. Should be a nice litte break. :)

WeReWoLf
04-04-05, 11:44 PM
mmm... upgrades...

I have my full set of Valor armour, i have an Arcanite Champion, Barborous Blade, 2x Axe Of Rin'jii, Chillpike, and a few other weapons that i can't remember the names of. Will post a pic soon hopefully.

aaahhh52
04-06-05, 03:29 PM
Hmm, ive been eyeing this game for a while, not sure if should get it. I want a game that has huge worlds that remind me of the LOTR series. I like the whole concept of it all though. You guys think this game is for me? Do the worlds remind you of LOTR at all? (as far as large forests, mountains, mystical places etc...) Or would EQ2 be better suited for me?

Ninjaman09
04-06-05, 03:32 PM
Doesn't remind me of LotR, but then again neither did EQ2. Maybe you should just wait for Middle Earth Online. :)

ruziel
04-06-05, 04:03 PM
http://www.bothguild.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/onkill1.jpg

Onyxia dead server first! I'm in there somewhere :cool:

http://www.bothguild.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/thecroud.jpg

Onyxia's head in Orgrimmar for all to see! For the horde!

Ruziel
Blood of the Horde (http://www.bothguild.com/)

aaahhh52
04-06-05, 04:04 PM
Doesn't remind me of LotR, but then again neither did EQ2. Maybe you should just wait for Middle Earth Online. :)
Yeah i was thinking about that but they pushed back the release date till sometime in 2006, dunno if i feel like waiting that long :/

jcossin
04-07-05, 09:06 AM
On Average I recieve anywhere between 70-100 FPS @ 1600x1200 with 4xAA/16xAF. Some areas drip down into the 50's but thats about as bad as it gets. With the exception of Auction House which dips int the 30's.

Aw man, don't tell me that!! When is nVidia announcing their new card dangit! It's spring already! Usually by now we have some good specs at least! (i.e. do I wait or buy SLI now...)