PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
04-14-05, 03:30 PM
We'll of curse. No one said it couldn't be done quickly. We are saying it is boring. Grinding just plane sucks.

BTW I had a 53 druid that keep dueling me and losing. He then claimed I was a hacker because he said a 53 druid owns my 54 warrior and that I must be hacking. Well he didn't know much about piercing howl, mortal strike or plate armor. He keep morphing into a bear and I would wipe him out. He did that because of mortal strikes and piercing howl. Hey it isn't my fault he doesn't know how to fight a warrior. I simply had to much power for him and he didn't know how to stay away from me. He also didn't know about Intercept. :D and the Blood thirst. :D

vampireuk
04-14-05, 08:31 PM
I hit 300 blacksmithing today :D

Spent the past couple of hours dueling 55-60 rogues, hunters, warriors and mages and had a fairly good track record against them. The first rogue was a level 60 and forgot all about retaliation so he circled around me jabbing at me and in a few seconds he was down to less than 20% health. Execute and a 2500 crit finished the duel off. :angel:

Ninjaman09
04-15-05, 01:38 PM
Eh, re-activated my account. Ironically I had one of the best pickup group experiences ever, heading through Sunken Temple again. I picked up an AWESOME polearm (46.6dps, 135 fire damage proc) and am almost half way to 56 now. I ran a group through Gnomeregan after that who really sucked ass and wiped TWICE. Anyway it was neat and I'm hoping for another good ST run tonight.

Marcos
04-15-05, 02:36 PM
im lvl 10 wooo

UDawg
04-15-05, 02:53 PM
Eh, re-activated my account. Ironically I had one of the best pickup group experiences ever, heading through Sunken Temple again. I picked up an AWESOME polearm (46.6dps, 135 fire damage proc) and am almost half way to 56 now. I ran a group through Gnomeregan after that who really sucked ass and wiped TWICE. Anyway it was neat and I'm hoping for another good ST run tonight.

Man just have the lowbies sit back while you take the mobs out. You just need a heal once in a while. When I would ecorte I would ask for pots and have them sit back. LOL yes I am doing it for them but man the drop they get because I don't take drops, they love that. I took lowbies through BFD all the time. It's funny how their eyes get wide when I say just sit back and protect each other. They have no idea what a 53 warrior can do to lowie mos. LOL

Ninjaman09
04-15-05, 10:51 PM
Man just have the lowbies sit back while you take the mobs out. You just need a heal once in a while. When I would ecorte I would ask for pots and have them sit back. LOL yes I am doing it for them but man the drop they get because I don't take drops, they love that. I took lowbies through BFD all the time. It's funny how their eyes get wide when I say just sit back and protect each other. They have no idea what a 53 warrior can do to lowie mos. LOL
Oh no it wasn't MY fault. The dumbasses aggro'd like 15 guys on us twice, and I can only handle so much. They wiped almost instantly and I died after taking about 10 of them with me. Both times.

Yeah it is kinda fun showing off to lowbies. :D

UDawg
04-16-05, 11:13 AM
Oh no it wasn't MY fault. The dumbasses aggro'd like 15 guys on us twice, and I can only handle so much. They wiped almost instantly and I died after taking about 10 of them with me. Both times.

Yeah it is kinda fun showing off to lowbies. :D
Oh I knew exactly what happened when you said this. I was only saying that I am very vocal about having them be behind me at all times. I am sure you said this but they didn't listen. LOL! Wicks ya off eh. :D I will say I don't mind getting wiped out any more. It is part of the game. The thing I hate are lowbies who do not understand the aggro radius is much higher for them that it is for me. I as a lvl 53 have to stand on top of any lvl 20 to aggro while a lvl 5 can be quite a ways away as you know but they seem to think "well I am with a higher lvl so I will fight right along side them. Pfft NO! stand back and let me do it. LOL!

I will say I am seriously thinkg about activating my account again. I am bored to tears with no game to play. The problem is I am buck neked. I sold EVERY THING I had and gave it to a buddy when I left. So, if I do start up I am at IF. I will have to go out and beat animals with my fists and slowly get armor and weapons. Actually it might be fun. When I start up I will be in nothing but my loin cloth. LOL! A 53 warrior running around with nothing on grinding to get armor and weapons. BAHAHAAHAH!! I just might do it.

WeReWoLf
04-17-05, 03:52 PM
I will say I am seriously thinkg about activating my account again. I am bored to tears with no game to play. The problem is I am buck neked. I sold EVERY THING I had and gave it to a buddy when I left. So, if I do start up I am at IF. I will have to go out and beat animals with my fists and slowly get armor and weapons. Actually it might be fun. When I start up I will be in nothing but my loin cloth. LOL! A 53 warrior running around with nothing on grinding to get armor and weapons. BAHAHAAHAH!! I just might do it.
don't forget to post screenies when you do :D

vampireuk
04-17-05, 04:01 PM
Blizzard has released another 250,000 units in Europe when they currently can't handle the number of players on already. This weekend has been nothing but lag and downtime, nice management blizzard.

peeon
04-19-05, 09:54 AM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch-05-04-08.html

The new content patch, including the all-new Player vs. Player Honor system, is now live and available on all realms. Some of the major features include:

PvP Honor System
Children's Week Event
Gurubashi Arena Event
Elemental Invasions

Ninjaman09
04-19-05, 10:22 AM
whee new patch :D

UDawg
04-19-05, 10:45 AM
What does it do? Doubt we warriors get anything good. Hate teh Blizzard.

Ninjaman09
04-19-05, 11:57 AM
Hell naw, we get a new animation for Thunderclap, plus all stuns and snares have diminishing returns now! So no more stunlocks or frostshock4tehwin!

UDawg
04-19-05, 12:37 PM
You are saying that rogues wont be able to stun lock us to death?

Further more from what I see this patch is just cosmetic. Nothing for warriors at all.

I have had pallys and priest just dumping me the last two days. They all want to duel me and then say I suck. Not one of them have the balls to roll a warrior. Oh but when they wanted to go to ST they wanted me to tank and taunt. So I went then I let teh priest die 3 times. He was pissed. I said keep your punk arss comments about the warrior to your self or at least roll one inseat of picking the most powerfull caster and then act as if you have better playing skills.

Sorry but this is my final opinion. Blizzard has Fekked the warrior. We are for questing only. For PVP or anything else we are just caster and stun lock fodder. There isn't anything ya'll can say to change my mind. I am close to 60 now and know my warrior inside and out. I want him to be competitive with the others in PVP. The problem I see is if we have more abilities then the wuss casters will say we are too powerfull. Well look at the shaman. Me a 55 warrior a 60 warrior and a 60 hunter took for ever to take one 60 shaman down. We gave him everything we had and don't say we don't know how to play. We are all very good. Those bastards get stroked by Blizzard so much it aint funny.

carkis
04-19-05, 02:52 PM
I swear revenge stun has had diminishing returns for a long time. I would revenge a mob maybe 4-5 times and then he's immune to revenge stun from then on. Did this not apply to pvp until now?

Ninjaman09
04-19-05, 03:13 PM
Warriors are awesome in group PvP, one on one they are a little rough, but in groups they're deadly. I do not believe the class requires any more balancing, I'm very happy with the way it is now.

UDawg
04-19-05, 03:54 PM
I understand your position and yes a warrior that is hiding in a group that is PVPing is not to be messed with.

We need more dps. I do not buy the bull that rogues need more dps because they need to get in and out. BULL! they are not warriors and warriors traditionally have had the most strength but in this game ur dps goes up higher with agil. Then what good is strength? Most drops are strn/stam not agil/strn. That is bull. This totally aids the rogue.

Face it, since the betas where the warriors were to powerfull they really nerfed us and stroke pallys and shamen.

I still love my warrior but it is just BS. The only thing we got in this little patch was more pretty thuderclap? WTF is that!? Oh and piercing howl doesn't do squat. It is like slam...useless.

carkis
04-19-05, 04:05 PM
Hah, funny you said that. Shouldn't have spent the 5 gold recently training on slam ... but maybe they'll do something with it this millennia.

anzak
04-19-05, 04:10 PM
We need more dps. I do not buy the bull that rogues need more dps because they need to get in and out. BULL! they are not warriors and warriors traditionally have had the most strength but in this game ur dps goes up higher with agil.

Rogues are the primary melee damage dealers where warriors are traditionally tanks. If rogues were not able to dish out more dps than warriors then they would have no advantage what so ever (you do get to wear plate when rogues are stuck with leather).

UDawg
04-19-05, 05:08 PM
Yet a rogue can wipe out a warrior who is 6 lvls above them on a routine basis. It is very hard for a warrior to beat a rogue. That damn stun lock just pisses me off and that is their advantage, stun lock and stealth. We should have more melee especially since Blizzard said we are the top melee class but that is bs, we are not. The more strength you have the more dps you should have. This is not hard to figure out.

vampireuk
04-19-05, 08:03 PM
Yet a rogue can wipe out a warrior who is 6 lvls above them on a routine basis. It is very hard for a warrior to beat a rogue. That damn stun lock just pisses me off and that is their advantage, stun lock and stealth. We should have more melee especially since Blizzard said we are the top melee class but that is bs, we are not. The more strength you have the more dps you should have. This is not hard to figure out.

I always give a rogue a hell of a fight, they stun and stun but the second they dodge a attack they lose a huge slice of their health. The rogues I love dueling most are those who try to go toe to toe with a warrior. Ninja is right, warriors are very well balanced the way they are, perhaps just a fix on bloodthirst after the massive nerf and we are all set.

Made myself: http://www.thottbot.com/?i=25876
And looted: http://www.thottbot.com/?i=11613

Extremely good day for my warrior today, 5 man group in Strat to get the corruption plans and the insignia of the blackguard. A few mobs into the gauntlet and one drops the shield, I was the only warrior and more importantly the only shield user in the group so everyone passed and it was mine. :D

Apparently the shield has a new look after the patch because it currently looks terrible. :D

UDawg
04-20-05, 10:24 AM
I was in a pick-up group at ZF and there was a 57 pally in there who wanted very badly to duel me while we were waiting to go in. I asked him why he wanted to duel a 55 warrior when he can beat 60 warriors even at lvl 52? He said it's fun cuz warriors don't have any skills. I said have you ever rolled a warrior. Of course no was the answer. I said when you pick the easiest class to duel and PVP with it is easy to act as if it is all you and not the fact your charater is way to powerfull.

Any way we in there fighting out way through and he said he was lead tank because he was the highest lvl. I said we are both above this lvl so it would be better for me to tank since I can hold aggro but go ahead if ya need to. Of course he got our priest killed 3 times because he can't hold aggro and was over pulling. Further more he would start fighting and not pull them back. I was running all around trying to keep the mob together and off our casters. I finally said you don't know what you are doing. He said shut up lowbie. Que? LOL! well we did get into a area where the lower lvls aggroed a patrol which inturn aggroed some casters and wiped us out. I was the last one dead and I still took out 2. He was pissed I was last standing and I had more on me than him. LOL! I said I guess it comes down to skill after all eh?

We all got rezed and the group wanted me to tank and he said "but he is a lower lvl than me" The priest said "BY TWO LVLS! NOW GET OVER YOUR SELF!" LOL pretty funny. So I asked the rouge to scoute and sap and had the priest cage and it all went very smoothly and much quicker.

We got to the alt boss where I wanted the plate shoulders and so did the Pally. I won the roll, he got pissed and left the group. LOL! I rarely win rolls btw. Though I did win a awesome 16 slot traveler's bag in ST which is rare also. So the group was pissed cuz we still had the Tiara and the dragon to kill for their quests. Needless to say, another big headed Pally cries and runs away even though he is the belived by Blizzard. I hate pallies. The only Pallies I like are ones who have rolled a warrior and know the rolls and how hard it is.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 10:58 AM
Warriors are not a melee dps class. You want us to have melee dps, uber armor, uber aggro, AND uber pvp? Come on, that isn't at all fair. Warriors are TANKS, not DPS machines. Tanks in MMORPGs traditionally do a medium amount of damage while being able to absorb a ton. That's the role you chose - the meatshield.

UDawg
04-20-05, 11:03 AM
Blizzard has said on many occasions that warriors are the top melee class. Sorry I'm just going by what they initially said and what they have said right up to the patch before this one.

No place did I say I wanted us to be uber everything. I am saying quit nerfing us. Besides armor does nothing for spells.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 11:23 AM
Warriors got one nerf before the game went live and a ton of love in the last patch. "Top melee class" doesn't necessarily mean "greatest damage dealer". I know I can handle more opponents at once than a rogue by far. All of our skills and talents are designed to maximize our effectiveness in a group melee situation.

We already have the highest AC, and best aggro control of any class. You want us to have extremely high melee dps as well? I can't see how that makes any sense. So our kill rate will be much higher and we'll have zero downtime since we'll take out opponents faster than they can damage us?