PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

vampireuk
04-20-05, 11:35 AM
Actually Ninja we got nerfed to hell with the latest patch, sweeping strikes, cleave and flurry have all been nerfed.

UDawg
04-20-05, 12:29 PM
We already have the highest AC, and best aggro control of any class. You want us to have extremely high melee dps as well? I can't see how that makes any sense. So our kill rate will be much higher and we'll have zero downtime since we'll take out opponents faster than they can damage us?

Yes :) What do you think to melee class means, we can use a kick arss 2h sword but still get out dps by a rogue? LOL Come on bro that doesn't make sense.

I understand that Blizzard is trying to keep us from being superment but they when way to far and they keep doing it to us.

As far as the loving in the patch before this one, we got a bone thrown to us. Big deal execute doesn't wipe rage on a miss. PFFT that was basically it. We got just a bit of rage in crease but no dps increase. Remember Pallies can use and wear what we can and they can heal them selves. The only thing they can't do is taunt BFD! So they can sit back and poke thier point sticks while not being attacked cuz they know I will pull the mob off them. Then they later want to duel you and then say you suck.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 12:51 PM
Actually Ninja we got nerfed to hell with the latest patch, sweeping strikes, cleave and flurry have all been nerfed.
???
How so? Sweeping strikes seems to be working just fine...don't have flurry though, and I never use cleave since it's basically worthless.
Yes What do you think to melee class means, we can use a kick arss 2h sword but still get out dps by a rogue? LOL Come on bro that doesn't make sense.
Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense. We have higher BURST damage than rogues, MUCH higher. But we don't have higher DPS than them. That DOES make sense because we are supposed to be either slow-hitting 2h-wielders or defense-oriented 1h/shield wielders.
As far as the loving in the patch before this one, we got a bone thrown to us. Big deal execute doesn't wipe rage on a miss. PFFT that was basically it. We got just a bit of rage in crease but no dps increase.
Uhm, rage generation? You now generate full rage on parries, dodges, and blocks, where you generated NONE before. I have more rage than I know what to do with now. My DPS nearly doubled as a result. I can kill faster and have less downtime while soloing and am much more effective as a tank due to more rage available for Sunder Armor.
Remember Pallies can use and wear what we can and they can heal them selves.
They also do less DPS than us and cannot hold aggro at all. They're a hybrid class and frankly quite pointless at endgame. Priests are better healers and warriors are better tanks.

Say what you want but what you are asking for is an "uber-class" with all strengths and no weaknesses.

UDawg
04-20-05, 01:12 PM
Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense. We have higher BURST damage than rogues, MUCH higher. But we don't have higher DPS than them. That DOES make sense because we are supposed to be either slow-hitting 2h-wielders or defense-oriented 1h/shield wielders.
You would think 2h would do more damage than a rogue since it is supposed to be heavier and that leads to being slower. As far as dual wield goes which I use we have more strength than rogues so we should do more dps period but no on dual wield we are below them. Sorry a rogue that is not as strong as us should not give more dps. They have stun lock and stealth and that is where their talents should lie, not in dps. I don't buy that who "they need to get in an out quickly so they need dps" No they have stun and stealth. They should be able to out smart their enemy with their talents and beat them that way. Instead then can out smart us and then out dps us in any duel. It blows.

There is a reason why evey one says warriors sucks that are not warriors....cuz they do as far as duels and PVP.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 01:23 PM
You would think 2h would do more damage than a rogue since it is supposed to be heavier and that leads to being slower.
It does. 2h weapons have much higher damage per hit than 1h, especially daggers.
As far as dual wield goes which I use we have more strength than rogues so we should do more dps period but no on dual wield we are below them.
We are equal or higher than them unless they are combat specc'd. Many rogues (such as my own) are Subtlety specced and do not have the Dual Wield Specialization talent.
They have stun lock
nerfed to hell
and stealth and that is where their talents should lie, not in dps.
They have the option to sacrifice stealth and go Combat or sacrifice DPS and go Subtlety. It gives them flexibility just like Warriors can choose between defense or offense (though admittedly the only viable endgame build is 31/5/15 or 31/20/0).

You are making the mistake of thinking of a Rogue as a thief, when you should be thinking of them as an assassin.

I have not lost many duels, for the record, and that includes many fights against paladins and rogues. Warriors are fine.

UDawg
04-20-05, 02:29 PM
nerfed to hell

REALLY!? huh... well that does make me happy :D Explain more on this. This is one area I really hated about rogues.

I do have to say I totaly love my warrior and will not play any other class. There are just a couple areas where I would like a change.

BTW I don't duel much but I usually lose when I do unless it is a druid or hunter. Every time I've dueld a pally or rogue I have lost. I have only duel a priest twice and I won one. He claimed it was lag but he sure keep casting while I was pumeling him. I did lose big time to a mage cuz I could not get to him then again mages are dps kings but that doesn't bother me cuz they die easily if some one breaks wind. :D

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 02:32 PM
Rogue stuns as well as any other snare or stun effect has been subjected to diminishing returns now, meaning that 1st time with be full effect, 2nd 1/2, 3rd 1/4, and immunity thereafter. Which is indirectly a huge boost for Warriors.

carkis
04-20-05, 02:49 PM
I remember reading that the diminishing returns resets after 15 sec of the last stun. Last night at Tarren Mill I was still getting frost shocked like crazy but I don't know if there were a bunch of shaman around because the warzone was insane.

UDawg
04-20-05, 03:14 PM
carkis, I bet you got hit by more than one shaman as you suspect. Also the lag was so terrible because of the patch DL by IDIOTS! that it was very easy to get confused as to when you were stunned.

Why don't people DL the patch from a 3rd patry site? Bunch of idiots. Also why didn't Blizzard put the DL on another server?

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 03:16 PM
UDawg, the patch download is done on Bittorrent, meaning Bliz uses none of its own bandwidth (or very very little) to distribute it. The sad truth is that the servers cannot handle large groups of players battling it out in one concentrated area. This has been a problem since launch.

UDawg
04-20-05, 03:24 PM
UDawg, the patch download is done on Bittorrent, meaning Bliz uses none of its own bandwidth (or very very little) to distribute it. The sad truth is that the servers cannot handle large groups of players battling it out in one concentrated area. This has been a problem since launch.

Well then I was lied to. :D ...and Blizzard suck. BAHAHAA!

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I mean, it's pretty annoying that the servers can't handle the load from a large group of players attacking a town. When the game launched, I started my character on a PVP server and did raids on Horde towns all the time, and every single one was horrendously laggy, and completely unplayable. From what I understand it's no different now. :(

carkis
04-20-05, 04:22 PM
Blizzard's torrent tracker is always lame and incredibly slow anyway, I can't imagine anyone actually using it to obtain patches. Thank goodness for filefront.

But yeah lag was pretty horrible then. There were at least 70 ppl battling at TM.

vampireuk
04-20-05, 04:35 PM
Sweeping strikes has been changed so the second enemy only receives 50% of the damage you cause to your main target.

UDawg
04-20-05, 05:12 PM
Ya I saw that vamp. It blows. That has nothing to do with dueling or PVP. It has to do with us being able to help the group out. Why they would do that is beyond me. It is a talent that does not give us a advantage over another class.

On a side note. I was in ST with a upper lvl rogue. He said keep the group near him cuz he can hit his target and on more. I laughed and said, you mean like my sweeping strikes, cleave and whirl wind, whirl wind BTW hit about 4 or 5 enemies at that same time. He said "YOU HAVE ALL THOSE ABILITIES!?" I said ya...that is why we are the tank and the taunt botts. :D From then on he was my buddy and was one of the most helpfull rogues in any group. He took all my suggestions and either did them or took them seriously then gave his opinion which was usually spot on.

I love it when we have a balanced group, rogue scouts and sapps hunter targets and sets trap, mage sheeps and dps *****s the target, priest cages, heals and aids mage in dps and the pally sits there in his free epic mount. :D BAHAHA couldn't help that last one. Seriously the pally helps be a secondary tank and it is much needed. I do like grouping with pallies. Oh and the warrior holds the mob together and pulls adds off casters. The way it should be.

Tyr-Sog
04-21-05, 08:32 AM
Anyone finding that the honor system is actually ruining the PVP system? Every raid now seems like an unorganized cluster **** with everyone trying to get that kill at all costs with nobody really playing the role and doing their job.

Also as a priest a can't comment on how awsome it is now that there is a anti-fear trinket. Should cut down undead rogues 2 second kill time to 1 second and now give all rogues a chance to get that 2 second kill on warlocks and priest. What a joke..

I dunno, maybe it's time to lvl my rogue more, maybe just see how fun a PVE server is or just quit.

UDawg
04-21-05, 10:23 AM
PVP has always been a cluster fek.

carkis
04-21-05, 11:11 AM
Worse so now. I'm on a low pop server and it's just insane at tarren mill all the time now. I decided I wasn't ready for that kind of craziness so I was gonna quest until a 50 mage wouldn't stop attacking the crossroads. He kept at it for at least two hours practically alone (a 29 warrior and 37 hunter won't help much against a 55 war) no matter how outnumbered or outpowered he was. He was grouped with a 46 pally, but she got tired of him real quick and left. I couldn't understand why someone would enjoy dying all the time. Weird. Got 26 kills off him and his cronies, if they even counted.

Ninjaman09
04-21-05, 12:42 PM
Blizzard's torrent tracker is always lame and incredibly slow anyway, I can't imagine anyone actually using it to obtain patches. Thank goodness for filefront.
I always get 120Kps+ on it?
Sweeping strikes has been changed so the second enemy only receives 50% of the damage you cause to your main target.
You gotta be ****ting me.

carkis
04-21-05, 02:07 PM
I always get 120Kps+ on it?
Wow. I can never get more than 5 and I often upload more than I download. Half of the time it isn't even downloading. This happened to me with three patches so I gave up and found another site.

Ninjaman09
04-21-05, 02:27 PM
Wow. I can never get more than 5 and I often upload more than I download. Half of the time it isn't even downloading. This happened to me with three patches so I gave up and found another site.
I'm sure you've heard this before but is your firewall configured properly?

carkis
04-21-05, 02:39 PM
I'm sure you've heard this before but is your firewall configured properly?
Indeed, other torrents work just fine. Not sure if there's something special about this one.

Ninjaman09
04-21-05, 02:45 PM
Well most BT clients have user-configurable port settings (or just pick a random one) so it's likely that whatever port-forwarding you have set up will not apply to the Blizzard BT client.

Here, grabbed this off their site:
The Blizzard Downloader requires that ports 3724 and 6112 be open. It can also benefit from having ports 6881 through 6999 open.

Hope that helps. I'm sure that the majority of problems users are having with download speeds stem from an improperly configured firewall.

carkis
04-21-05, 03:10 PM
Thanks much, I'll check that out.

Nuvian
04-22-05, 07:07 AM
It is my firm opinion that all kids should use moral strike. :D

Ninjaman, what is more important in armor for a warrior Strength, Stamina, Agility and Spitrit. I say Strength and Stamina but others say Strength and Agility.
AGI/STA imo,since agi improves your chance to cirt+will effect your tanking ability,STR is over rated.