PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Ninjaman09
04-22-05, 08:30 AM
AGI/STA imo,since agi improves your chance to cirt+will effect your tanking ability,STR is over rated.
Um...no. 20 STR = 40 attack power which translates roughly to 2.86 DPS. Considering that the average high level warrior has about a +120 to two of his "main" stats, we can safely assume that he gains a 17.16 boost to his DPS through strength enhancing items. This makes quite a large difference in single hits as well, which is important for instant attacks. 20 Agility gives a 1% increased crit chance, so 6% crit boost is a reasonable expectation. So, if you were crit oriented with Axe spec, you'd have like a 15% base crit rate, so 21% crit from +Agi items. Basically, in 20 hits, you'd crit one extra time. Not at all worth the loss in damage.

UDawg
04-22-05, 10:22 AM
Ya, rogues and what not whos heads are bloated by their abilities give all sorts of advice to other melee classes but warriors need strn/stam. I do put agi in muy cloak or finger as a buff but all my armor is strn/stam. The easiest way to see how it works is to put on different items as see how your attack power increases or decreases. Then go kill something.

vampireuk
04-22-05, 11:43 AM
You gotta be ****ting me.

From what I have read SS has been nerfed, I've also heared defensive stance is either nerfed or bugged, you now deal 20% less dmg instead of 10, Blizzard has yet to comment on any of this.

Here is a list of the concerns brought up by players.

1. Defensive Stance now has a 20% damage output reduction. Not sure if it still reduces damage taken by 10% or if that has been changed to 20%.

2. The toughness talent now seems bugged. A full 5 point talent should increase armor by around 10%. It seems to only increase it by around 6-7%.

3. The Sweeping Strikes talent skill no longer has the same comobo effect with cleave that it had before. The extra attacks from Sweeping Stikes + Cleave has been reduced by 1 total attack, and the secondary attacks deal less overal damage.

4. The flurry proc now only seems to provide an increase on two attacks.

7. Intercept may be bugged. It stuns the user and the target on some uses.

9. Battle shout seems to give less bonus then the tool tip says.

Unfortunately I doubt Blizzard will EVER comment on any of this. I've omitted the stupid ones that really do not matter. As for 9, if you check your profile whilst battle shout is on you will see the increase is what it says in the tooltip, it is just the buff icon that is wrong. The stacking with cleave and ss was a "bug" but blizzard said they were going to leave that as it was, my main concern is less dmg with ss and defensive stance, we still have to cause dmg to create aggro.

UDawg
04-22-05, 12:56 PM
I thought you could not used ss in defence stance? Maybe I just stance dance so much that I get confused. :D

Ninjaman09
04-22-05, 02:20 PM
He means both have had their damage reduced, seperately.

anzak
04-22-05, 02:50 PM
I'm on a low pop server and it's just insane at tarren mill all the time now.

Im on shadowsong and its the same way, maybe even worse. Tarren mill and the crossroads are always under attack. Lower level players have a tough time getting or turning in quests because of lag or the NPC is dead (which is most of the time). Being level 36 I really want to help out, but its difficult when fighting people 20 levels higher than you.

vampireuk
04-22-05, 04:12 PM
Blizzard have screwed up WOW with the honor system, now all you see is massive mobs of horde or alliance looking for a small group to gank over and over, yeah honor.

anzak
04-22-05, 04:26 PM
Blizzard have screwed up WOW with the honor system, now all you see is massive mobs of horde or alliance looking for a small group to gank over and over, yeah honor.

To make it worse, on my server the alliance outnumber the horde 4 to 1. It's almost impossible to keep they at bay when your so vastly outnumbered.

carkis
04-22-05, 04:30 PM
To make it worse, on my server the alliance outnumber the horde 4 to 1. It's almost impossible to keep they at bay when your so vastly outnumbered.
Same over on my server. The Crossroads isn't assaulted as much because tarren mill has undead defenders ... perfect fodder for priests.

vampireuk
04-22-05, 09:24 PM
Do you gain honor from killing npc guards that are around the same level?

MOTÖRHEAD
04-23-05, 05:58 PM
Do you gain honor from killing npc guards that are around the same level?

NO ! You only gain honor from killing PC's. The Honor System is designed for strict PvP battle only and once Battlegrounds is implamented they will shift the rewards to make it worth your while to PVP in that part then to PVP in regular areas of the game.

vampireuk
04-24-05, 07:24 AM
Personally I don't think the "honor" rewards are worth it. To get the best items you will have to constantly pvp and do nothing else. Whereas some molten core runs can get you some drool worth gear that does not require you to spend hours every day killing other players.

carkis
04-27-05, 01:08 PM
WOOT! I'm a grunt at 160 kills. At this rank 2 I can get a horde scout tabbard and the horde insignia (break stun/slow effects with 5min cooldown). Not bad! Certainly comes in useful against rogues. You know you want this warriors! It's not a lot of kills, my guild leader has 2500 and only made sergeant. I've participated at TM twice and did a raid at Goldshire once that was incredibly fun. We would retreat to the western tower and regroup with pushes. It's those types of tactical battles are fun versus the zergs against TM.

UDawg
04-27-05, 02:03 PM
how do you get a kill? Do you have to get the last hit or the first or just a majority of the damage.

carkis
04-27-05, 03:00 PM
As long as you get a hit in, that seems to be the way it works. I'm not sure if prty/raid kills count though. I'll experiment a bit and see if being hit counts too.

UDawg
04-27-05, 03:30 PM
Hmm, I have helped kill a bunch of horde but still have zero kills. They were all 60s and I am a 56. I wonder what I was or was not doing to not get credit.

carkis
04-27-05, 03:58 PM
Were you part of the party? That would be necessary for it to count, because if that party did most damage, I would think they would get the credit. When you get credit for the kill you'll notice a little rank bar pop up above you (doesn't mean you get rank, just means you get credit).

UDawg
04-27-05, 04:02 PM
Ok, that is what I thought and it makes sense. I have been soloing and joining in on kills. I haven't been PVPing much since the patch. I have been trying to get to 60 since I am so close. I will figure it out when I get more involved.

I was just curious. It isn't a point of concern for me but thanks for the info.

carkis
04-27-05, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty close myself: 58! Right now though I've noticed I'm not concentrating on gaining xp, but getting quests done. Once you're 60, those quests don't mean anything but little money and sometimes items :(

I once thought there was no way 3 warriors could solo mauradon without a healer, but we'll see if we can do princess. A 60, me at 57, and a 54 easily beat landslide. That 54 got us killed once cuz he couldn't sneak by a patrol :rolleyes:

UDawg
04-27-05, 04:24 PM
LOL!

I still have not finish princess instructions or what ever it is. Getting a group for Maraudon is the hardest thing to do in this damn game. Going to ST or anyother instance is easy but heaven for bid you should try to get a group together for maraudon.

Tyr-Sog
04-27-05, 04:43 PM
As a priest I'm just a walking rogue target now for rogues with the (dis)honor system implemented. Soloing quest our grinding alone is vitually impossible. Fear is useless against all rogues now just not undead. Even in groups I'm targeted first and slaughtered.

I picked up a anti-poly, stun honor trinket but it renders useless against rogues. Rogues can stun so many ways and in a nut shell it hardly matters anyways because i'm usually dead with in 3-4 seconds.

My typical outting.

Zero in on mob, nearly kill mob. Surprise, surprise, rogue ambushes, crits for 1300-1500(nearly everytime), lvl 53 Priest nearly dead, rogue cheapshots and back stabs and priest is dead. Sometimes I can rumble off a fear(my only defense) which just gets immuned anyways.

I mean every fuking zone. I was in blasted Lands, western plaguelands and ungoro today and all these zones ganked hard by roaming rogues..

Fuking bs.

carkis
04-27-05, 05:10 PM
Yeah it's rough for clothwearers to break a stun and retaliate. That trinket won't help ya much in that case. It seems you're in a pvp zone, which I can't imagine being fun. I tried with a lvl 18 alliance priest on firetree to check out redridge mountains and just got ganked by lvl 40+ constantly. Of course that was an issue BEFORE the honor system, so I imagine it's much worse now.

UDawg
04-27-05, 07:20 PM
Why do lvl 40s and 50 rogues love to gank lowbies? I will never understand this, of course why do people spawn camp and TK?

vampireuk
04-27-05, 07:46 PM
Rogues are generally arrogant idiots who love to target easy kills. The vast majority playing only do it because they can go invisible. I'm on a pve server so I don't get that problem too much, however when in pvp mode a rogue duo usually try to gank me, of course they suck at playing their class. After the first stun wears off I turn around take a swing which they usually dodge and hit overpower, slap on retaliate with sweeping strikes and you have yourself two well done rogues who run away from you when they recover their corpses.

Marcos
05-03-05, 11:37 AM
rogues need to get ****ing nerfed