PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

carkis
05-05-05, 04:04 PM
Well I finally hit 60 and can log anywhere I want cuz rest state doesn't matter anymore :D

By the time I hit 60 I had already attempted Dire Maul 4 times and I still haven't tried Blackrock Depths. People need tanks pretty bad for the new high instance. The problem is people trying to do the north side for the tribute. Most people know about the good drops, but don't know about the incredible planning needed to beat it. My guild is so small that I can only run in pickup groups, and it hurts.

People rushing thinking they can take the world is only rewarded by frequent wipes. Those ogres hit very hard, and tanks/healers suck it up. A sheep and charm that release too early can easily mean the end for a fresh 60's group. My first run was incredibly successful, but subsequent runs went to crap.

I've noticed a very good group is Mage, Priest, Warrior, Hunter, Warlock. Anyone else done DM and have suggestions? I last attempted West with 2 Shaman, 1 Warrior, 1 Mage, 1 Druid and we were annihilated. Resists are a must and I have none.

BTW the ogre dance pwns :p

UDawg
05-05-05, 06:02 PM
I first did DM at 56 and we did great till we got to the Troll boss. He wipeed us twice and we all ran home with our tails between our legs. Granted I was the lowest and the reason why we got wiped because I was the only non 60 and you need a full group of 60 to kill him or at least not a 56 warrior. Any way the group was impressed with me big time and put me on their friends list.

They then invited me to Strat last nite where one priest said I would be slaughtered and help to wipe the two group raid. Well we blew through there like we should even though I am a 58 warrior. I had to leave but they again were impressed and wanted me to do it again this evening.

When I group I let the leader bark out orders and I just follow them and give suggestions when I think it will help. Basically tell me what you want me to kill or keep off you and I'll do it. :D I don't mind taking orders from anyone with good experience.

vampireuk
05-06-05, 03:41 AM
I went into strat after smacking our priest around and telling him you don't have to be level 60 to get the corruption quest done. That baron rivendare is a bugger and I always have to tank the damn thing. :D

GigaShadow
05-06-05, 09:30 AM
Well I finally hit 60 and can log anywhere I want cuz rest state doesn't matter anymore :D

By the time I hit 60 I had already attempted Dire Maul 4 times and I still haven't tried Blackrock Depths. People need tanks pretty bad for the new high instance. The problem is people trying to do the north side for the tribute. Most people know about the good drops, but don't know about the incredible planning needed to beat it. My guild is so small that I can only run in pickup groups, and it hurts.

People rushing thinking they can take the world is only rewarded by frequent wipes. Those ogres hit very hard, and tanks/healers suck it up. A sheep and charm that release too early can easily mean the end for a fresh 60's group. My first run was incredibly successful, but subsequent runs went to crap.

I've noticed a very good group is Mage, Priest, Warrior, Hunter, Warlock. Anyone else done DM and have suggestions? I last attempted West with 2 Shaman, 1 Warrior, 1 Mage, 1 Druid and we were annihilated. Resists are a must and I have none.

BTW the ogre dance pwns :p

I did DM N about 3 weeks ago (60 Warrior) to get the Unfinished Business Quest finished. We did a tribute run. We skipped the first guard and killed all the bugs. Worked our way around to the second guard and had a hunter run up and grab the courtyard key when the guard was patrolling. Made our way into the next chamber and set/fixed the broken trap - freezing the third guard. I put on the Ogre suit and talked to Captain who went running off. We made our way to the King and had the hunter's pet off tank the King's advisor as not to kill him and the rest of us pounded the king.

Let me tell you it is worth the trouble. The loot was incredible at the end. I personally received Treant's Bane (epic 2h axe) and the Band of the Ogre King, as well as getting Gordok's Gauntlets which have a 1 percent chance to crit. We did this our first time through and didn't wipe once. The party consisted of 2 warriors, a hunter, a shaman and a druid. I have both the reaper and Treant's Bane and even though the Reaper has better burst damage, I seem to do better with Treant's Bane in PvP due to the faster speed and the extra 2 percent chance to crit. There isn't a day that goes by where someone doesn't comment on the axe - it is very unique looking.

To do the tribute run - you must not kill any of the named guards or the Kings advisor (who is a shaman and will heal the King if you ignore him).

carkis
05-06-05, 12:58 PM
I failed to mention that my first pickup run was successful. The next two runs were fruitless because of inexperience.

But ... wow. I was able to get Grimy Metal Boots and Cho'Rush's blade and I was pretty happy with that. An epic would be nice :(

Does everyone need the ogre suit to get the gauntlet quest?

GigaShadow
05-06-05, 02:51 PM
Does everyone need the ogre suit to get the gauntlet quest?

No only one person in your party needs the suit. If going back to turn in the quest - you might as well kill the King as well. Make sure everyone speaks to the little ogre that pops up after his death about the tribute otherwise the ogres will still aggro.

The gauntlet quest is tough - you have to go to DM W and kill the Prince in the library, which isn't the hard part. You must first shut down the five crystals imprisoning the Demon by killing the elementals that guard them. Finally, you have to kill the Demon which is a PAIN. We wiped at least 6 times - thankfully there is a friendly NPC in the library where you can repair equipment. Eventually we killed him (you must kill the eyes he spawns by having one or two in your party designated to do only that). Next you go to the library where the Prince is. Make sure you as the warrior get plenty of aggro on him first as he zips around the room and is hard to catch if you lose aggro. That being said - you will lose aggro when he knocks you half way across the room (he does this every so often) so it is good to have an off tank to try and keep him under control. He is not nearly as bad as the Demon, but still a tough fight. The whole instance takes about 2 hours to complete with no wipes.

There is also a quest near the third crystal pylon - take it - it is basically just killing the Demon and the Prince, which you are doing anyway, and it gives a decent reward.

Sidric
05-06-05, 08:10 PM
I'm still a relatively low lvl warlock(21) but I do know if you have issues holding aggro just have your lock put Curse of Recklessness on em. Knocks off a good amount of armor off at the expense of greater attack power, but the greatest benefit is he DEFINITELY won't run away from you, even if you try to fear him.

UDawg
05-09-05, 12:21 PM
I finaly got my warrior to 60, now I have zero intrest in playing this game any longer. I would like to go on PVP raids but 99.99% of the people are stupid and flag before the raid begins then every on starts to drop out because it is a cluster %*@$. Basicaly the idea of grinding for amor that almost never drops and if it does you have to roll on it with 5 other people and the obligatory priest that rolls on plate is not my idea of fun. I will shelve gaming until BF2 comes out.

UDawg
05-09-05, 06:17 PM
So I'm sitting in my office comtimplating playing WOW when I came to the realization of how dumb PVP really is. Here is your typical PVP battle.

Alliance player cannot get with in range of Horde so he moves closer to the no-man's land in between the two sides. Alliance player gets too close and either gets rooted or frozen, then Horde warrior charges in along with 50 other horde who then proceed to gange rape him till he dies. After that they run back to their lines in universal triumph that they killed a lvl 52 mage with 50 lvl 60 horde of assorted classes. Repeat this process until you have a zerg, after which all the lvl 40s rejoice in the victory they seem to think they won through their mid lvl status. Oh and I cann't forget the continual body camp of dead horde just trying to get out can't becuase Alliance has 70 lvl 60s waiting in a 50 mile radius to kill off any of those unfortunate enough to be caught behind enemy lines or in a zerg's case in the Inn.

Another favorite of mine is a warrior charges in only to be feared away by a wussy caster. This fear drives you deep into enemy lines where you are gang raped by 50 horde after which the wussy caster brags about his mastery of the fear BUTTON! and his leet skillz in WoW. How ever since most casters know nothing about warriors a good shield bash will stop this and the battle is soon over for the wussy caster, who then tries to arm him self with a dagger to punish the warrior with a horrifying 46 damage points. oh no...

Tyr-Sog
05-09-05, 06:39 PM
Wussy casters with fear? What about the wussy Warrior with 10,000 Ac and health running in a crowd and fearing everyone with their uber fear. WTF is the warrior class even doing with fear? What you're seeing is probably warriors running in the crowd fearing.

Aside from that, ya the game is spent. There is no highend joy, PVP is blah and typical. If GW is any good(picked up last night) I'll diffently be canceling my account. If GW sucks, I'll play wow until BF2 comes out.

UDawg
05-09-05, 10:00 PM
Do you know what Intimedating Shout is for? It is for fighting bosses so you can fear the adds away and get 6 seconds of dps out of the group on the boss. It is not a I'm in over my head and all I have is cloth armor caster talent. It fears every one away but the person you tagged. It is mean to give the group a fighting chance to kill the boss. Now that you know what it is for doesn't your comment seem a bit silly. ;) In fact you whole post is silly. We have some thing that is called Challenging Shout. You use it to pull EVERY MOB IN THE AREA TO THE WARRIOR! It saves wussy caster's butts and many times kills the warrior and we do this to save the healers that we can't pull 2 or 3 mobs off of. If it is a mage I won't use this talent to save them... they can die, same with locks but druids and priest I will take one for the team. you don't hear casters taking one for the team, only warriors do and then no one helps us with our repair bill. Casters have a little talent called "eww get a way from me you nasty brute" and then they spam and yell "GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OFF ME!" yet it is usuall the stupid caster that aggroed by standing in a DUMB spot. A good warrior makes the group work well. A bad warrior distroys the group unless. So don't give me this warriors are wussies. We take the punishment and pull more and more to us.

Here is my quetion, why do pallys always run up ahead to the mob when a warrior pulls a mob? They do this and it stops the mob from coming to the group. Instead we have a pally and a mob way out infront of the area the warrior wants to pull the mob to. I don't get it, STAY THE HELL BACK! and don't attack the mob until the warrior hits one then you can slaughter them.

s-flow
05-10-05, 04:21 AM
Hi!
Im a mmorpg newbee with a couple of questions.

1. I play as a LV13 human priest, does this mean my only armor will be cloth.. ever?
(all the powerfull armor I find is mail or leather :o )
also is the maces, wands, daggers and staves the only weapons I could
ever use? as I read the manual it is..?

If so, that means I will not be able to make own armor in any way :(

It feels like the proffesions is pretty useless as I get poorly paid by the
dealers for things Iv made (mining->blacksmithing).

Hashimoto
05-10-05, 10:09 AM
UDawg, no offense man, but you have a good amount to learn about warriors it seems. Intimidating shout isn't just used to fear adds from bosses, but it's also a valuable tool in PvP.

The priest fear spell is an instant cast spell on a 30 seconds timer(25 w/ talents I think), and it only fears 5 people at its highest rank.
The warlock has a similar ranged aoe spell which fears 5 people in the targeted area to be feared, has a casting time of 2 seconds, and is on a 40 sec timer.
The only AOE fear w/o a limit on the number of people that can be affected(or maybe a much higher limit) is intimidating shout, which a warrior has, and is on a 2-min timer. A lot of the times, this spell can be a life saver in small group PvP or 1vsX PvP. Everyone around the warrior is feared, except for the targeted person, which "cowers in fear", meaning stays in place, but that effect breaks on damage.

The people who usually fear in hillsbrad are the warriors. When people are bunched up, you might have a warrior charge someone, fear everyone, and then everyone else beats up on the one person the warrior charged.

Now the fighting in hillsbrad isn't actually PvP. It's just like you said, 50 alliance on one side, and 50 horde on the other side, and when a straggler gets in the middle, everyone targets him, and he/she dies in 5 seconds.

If you want to have fun PvPing, search for it in small groups. I'm usually in a group of 2 to 5 people, and have the most fun when we stumble upon similar groups or when outnumbered.
This might not be valid for some on their server due to low populations, or due to people not realizing this is more fun than the hillsbrad stupidity.

UDawg
05-10-05, 10:48 AM
UDawg, no offense man, but you have a good amount to learn about warriors it seems. Intimidating shout isn't just used to fear adds from bosses, but it's also a valuable tool in PvP.

The priest fear spell is an instant cast spell on a 30 seconds timer(25 w/ talents I think), and it only fears 5 people at its highest rank.
The warlock has a similar ranged aoe spell which fears 5 people in the targeted area to be feared, has a casting time of 2 seconds, and is on a 40 sec timer.
The only AOE fear w/o a limit on the number of people that can be affected(or maybe a much higher limit) is intimidating shout, which a warrior has, and is on a 2-min timer. A lot of the times, this spell can be a life saver in small group PvP or 1vsX PvP. Everyone around the warrior is feared, except for the targeted person, which "cowers in fear", meaning stays in place, but that effect breaks on damage.

The people who usually fear in hillsbrad are the warriors. When people are bunched up, you might have a warrior charge someone, fear everyone, and then everyone else beats up on the one person the warrior charged.

Now the fighting in hillsbrad isn't actually PvP. It's just like you said, 50 alliance on one side, and 50 horde on the other side, and when a straggler gets in the middle, everyone targets him, and he/she dies in 5 seconds.

If you want to have fun PvPing, search for it in small groups. I'm usually in a group of 2 to 5 people, and have the most fun when we stumble upon similar groups or when outnumbered.
This might not be valid for some on their server due to low populations, or due to people not realizing this is more fun than the hillsbrad stupidity.

Oh don't give me that. You missed my point about his post. I'm a 60 warrior and know the class inside and out. My point is he was trying to say a warrior with mega health and plate armor is a wuss because he has fear. My point is that it isn't just used to chase every one away so you can escape. It is used to narrow the mob so you just focus in on one baddie. Yes you can use it in PVP but that was not the point of why I discribed what Int. Shout is.

So no, no offence taken but you missed the point of our conversation so to speak.

carkis
05-10-05, 11:46 AM
Now the fighting in hillsbrad isn't actually PvP. It's just like you said, 50 alliance on one side, and 50 horde on the other side, and when a straggler gets in the middle, everyone targets him, and he/she dies in 5 secondsI wish the odds were that way on my server. The number of Humans outnumber the number of total Horde on Suramar, especially at lvl 50-60 :thumbdwn:

How ever since most casters know nothing about warriors a good shield bash will stop this and the battle is soon over for the wussy caster, who then tries to arm him self with a dagger to punish the warrior with a horrifying 46 damage points. oh no...In PVP groups I tend to use berserk stance more so I can break fear and punish that caster with intercept, crits & whirlwind. Unless you have a healer that actually heals instead of dealing damage, shield warriors don't do much on the field. Defense stance is absolutely useless except for disarm. I do tend to be a big target and often go down quick however being a tauren with a huge glowing polearm sticking off my back :p

The real killer for me in pvp is the casters who aoe the field and it's over. You can't find them because of the crowd and your whole group dies off in seconds. I tend to see mages with highest rank because they kill a lot, finishing them off while melee fall.

It saves wussy caster's butts and many times kills the warrior and we do this to save the healers that we can't pull 2 or 3 mobs off of. If it is a mage I won't use this talent to save them... they can die, same with locks but druids and priest I will take one for the team. you don't hear casters taking one for the team, only warriors do and then no one helps us with our repair billIt is totally true. Warriors get the pipe so bad. We're the first to die and the casters get first dibs on running away. If you are a decent warrior who pulls to save the party you know this and have to accept it. In instance runs I pay 1-3g in repairs depending on how good the healer is at keeping me alive.

I'm not at endgame and I still see a lot of cool stuff I could do. Sorry you guys aren't having as much fun as I am now. I am having a blast doing Dire Maul; it's gotta be my favorite instance although I haven't touched Blackrock at all. It just hasn't got boring yet :p

carkis
05-10-05, 11:57 AM
Hi!
Im a mmorpg newbee with a couple of questions.

1. I play as a LV13 human priest, does this mean my only armor will be cloth.. ever?
(all the powerfull armor I find is mail or leather :o )
also is the maces, wands, daggers and staves the only weapons I could
ever use? as I read the manual it is..?

If so, that means I will not be able to make own armor in any way :(

It feels like the proffesions is pretty useless as I get poorly paid by the
dealers for things Iv made (mining->blacksmithing).Yes, you are stuck with cloth. You shouldn't need more. Certain classes get upgrades, like shaman get to wear mail at lvl 40. I'm certain that Mages, Priests, and Warlocks are stuck at cloth. If you took up tailoring, you can make your own armor. The things you should look for most in armor are intelligence and spirit boosts, not armor rating or other stats. You are not meant to take damage, you stay back and hit from afar.

Also, when you create items using your profession, you shouldn't sell to vendors. Put the item up for auction at the auction house in ironforge. You may not get a good response, however, until you get to a higher skill level in your profession. Good luck!

UDawg
05-10-05, 12:21 PM
I wish the odds were that way on my server. The number of Humans outnumber the number of total Horde on Suramar, especially at lvl 50-60 :thumbdwn:

In PVP groups I tend to use berserk stance more so I can break fear and punish that caster with intercept, crits & whirlwind. Unless you have a healer that actually heals instead of dealing damage, shield warriors don't do much on the field. Defense stance is absolutely useless except for disarm. I do tend to be a big target and often go down quick however being a tauren with a huge glowing polearm sticking off my back :p

The real killer for me in pvp is the casters who aoe the field and it's over. You can't find them because of the crowd and your whole group dies off in seconds. I tend to see mages with highest rank because they kill a lot, finishing them off while melee fall.

It is totally true. Warriors get the pipe so bad. We're the first to die and the casters get first dibs on running away. If you are a decent warrior who pulls to save the party you know this and have to accept it. In instance runs I pay 1-3g in repairs depending on how good the healer is at keeping me alive.

I'm not at endgame and I still see a lot of cool stuff I could do. Sorry you guys aren't having as much fun as I am now. I am having a blast doing Dire Maul; it's gotta be my favorite instance although I haven't touched Blackrock at all. It just hasn't got boring yet :p

BRD sucks balls. I avoid it like the plague.

s-flow
05-10-05, 12:29 PM
Yes, you are stuck with cloth. You shouldn't need more. Certain classes get upgrades, like shaman get to wear mail at lvl 40. I'm certain that Mages, Priests, and Warlocks are stuck at cloth. If you took up tailoring, you can make your own armor. The things you should look for most in armor are intelligence and spirit boosts, not armor rating or other stats. You are not meant to take damage, you stay back and hit from afar.

Also, when you create items using your profession, you shouldn't sell to vendors. Put the item up for auction at the auction house in ironforge. You may not get a good response, however, until you get to a higher skill level in your profession. Good luck!

Thanks! Hmm..tailoring, how could I miss that. I switch profession now.
I will try the auction house with some stuff :)

vampireuk
05-10-05, 04:59 PM
http://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dead.jpg

Oh yeah :D

UDawg
05-10-05, 05:25 PM
What did he drop? I take it you didn't get anything considering you would have told us and how long did it take to kill Az and where over there did you find him? I have looked and looked but never have I seen him.

carkis
05-10-05, 05:34 PM
I heard there are questlines you need to complete to get to him. Not sure about this though. I have heard about the new Mark of Frost which freezes you for a long time if you re-engage after dying. Sounds like suckiness!

Tyr-Sog
05-10-05, 05:48 PM
Do you know what Intimedating Shout is for? It is for fighting bosses so you can fear the adds away and get 6 seconds of dps out of the group on the boss. It is not a I'm in over my head and all I have is cloth armor caster talent. It fears every one away but the person you tagged. It is mean to give the group a fighting chance to kill the boss. Now that you know what it is for doesn't your comment seem a bit silly. ;) In fact you whole post is silly. We have some thing that is called Challenging Shout. You use it to pull EVERY MOB IN THE AREA TO THE WARRIOR! It saves wussy caster's butts and many times kills the warrior and we do this to save the healers that we can't pull 2 or 3 mobs off of. If it is a mage I won't use this talent to save them... they can die, same with locks but druids and priest I will take one for the team. you don't hear casters taking one for the team, only warriors do and then no one helps us with our repair bill. Casters have a little talent called "eww get a way from me you nasty brute" and then they spam and yell "GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OFF ME!" yet it is usuall the stupid caster that aggroed by standing in a DUMB spot. A good warrior makes the group work well. A bad warrior distroys the group unless. So don't give me this warriors are wussies. We take the punishment and pull more and more to us.

Here is my quetion, why do pallys always run up ahead to the mob when a warrior pulls a mob? They do this and it stops the mob from coming to the group. Instead we have a pally and a mob way out infront of the area the warrior wants to pull the mob to. I don't get it, STAY THE HELL BACK! and don't attack the mob until the warrior hits one then you can slaughter them.

lol, ok....

UDawg
05-10-05, 06:22 PM
LOL don't take it so serious. I am just venting to the fact that I am now bored with this game and Battlefield 2 is not out yet. :(.

UDawg
05-10-05, 06:23 PM
I heard there are questlines you need to complete to get to him. Not sure about this though. I have heard about the new Mark of Frost which freezes you for a long time if you re-engage after dying. Sounds like suckiness!
He is a free-roaming Leet that a raid can kill. You just have to find him like any other roaming leet.

vampireuk
05-10-05, 07:12 PM
What did he drop? I take it you didn't get anything considering you would have told us and how long did it take to kill Az and where over there did you find him? I have looked and looked but never have I seen him.

He dropped

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37563
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35921
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35921
Some epic tailoring plan
some random blues and greens and...
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37544 which I rolled a 90 on :D

On our fourth attempt we took him down, we have got a group of good players together instead of taking a pickup group. On the first attempt this evening it was the first time we played together in a raid group, we took him down to 50%. On the second attempt we took him down to 22% and had some bad luck and the aggro was lost and he reset. The third attempt was just horrible we lost 4 healers right at the start. The fourth attempt rocked, we had lost all our tanks when he was down to 3-4% when I finally lost the mark of frost and dived straight into tanking him again. We had around 7 healers still standing and every bit of mana went straight into me until I dropped again. At around 1% every warrior with the mark went kamikaze equipped their 2h weapons and slapped recklessness on. No way in hell after all that were we going to lose the damn aggro that time :D