PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

vampireuk
05-17-05, 12:00 PM
We are trying Kazzak tonight and start the MC again tommorow, this time we want that damn big dog down.

Also Blizzard in their wisdom have given the EU, ONE test server for the new patch. So whenever you want to try it out you are in a queue of 8000 people waiting to get on. If you are lucky and don't have to queue for over a hour it takes over a minute to spend one talent point in your trees. Nice going Blizzard!

s-flow
05-17-05, 05:51 PM
Have a few questions here!

I am a level 23 Human Priest and..

I have Tailoring as skill but it seems that Iv hit some "skill roof" at 75/75..
I dont seem to gain any more skill no matter what I tailor??
Can I get higher skill in Tailoring (how)?

I use a one-handed Mace and now I see I lack the skill off two-handed Maces (shows a red "two-handed" at maces I want to use.
Can I learn the "two-handed" skill (how)?

At a weapon trainer the only weapon listed to learn is daggers.. :(

The game is very funny and I got hooked up at once! Now if only these
small things that bother me gets cleared up I would be really greatfull! :)

ChrisRay
05-17-05, 08:55 PM
S-Flow. You need to find the higher level tailor trainers. For the skills 75-150. Go the Ironforge tailor shop and they will train you. Priests are a cloth/caster class. Honestly I was surprised we could use maces. Daggers/2 handed Staffs/Maces are more than plenty for us.

s-flow
05-18-05, 07:19 AM
S-Flow. You need to find the higher level tailor trainers. For the skills 75-150. Go the Ironforge tailor shop and they will train you. Priests are a cloth/caster class. Honestly I was surprised we could use maces. Daggers/2 handed Staffs/Maces are more than plenty for us.

Thanks! Im off for Ironforge then.

I think Ill switch to use of staffs then, they seems to be more common and
powerfull than the maces.. I have to built up my staff skill from low level, I
bet I get some incredible powerfull mace some levels ahead then.. :o

lognoronon
05-18-05, 12:16 PM
First off let me say I'm a level 60 priest. Unless you are lucky with a good main hand/offhand combo stick to staffs as a priest. You will usualy get far more stats and that's the important thing for priests not weapon dps ect (although it is nice). A good 2h staff is almost always going to be better than a MH/OH combo but not always so still keep an eye on 1H's. Now I lose some stats but this is the combo I'm going for http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35739 (already have this) and just waiting my turn in line for this http://www.thottbot.com/?i=28233 . Currently I'm using this with a +9 int enchantment on it http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5291 .

Vagrant Zero
05-22-05, 12:54 AM
Guys I just bought WoW [Guild Wars is a gateway drug...] and I wanna know what server should I play on. What server do the majority of you play on. BTW I'm gonna be Alliance.

Sidric
05-22-05, 07:07 PM
OH NOES STAY AWAY FROM TEH ALLIANCE THEYS ALREADY TOO MANY OF DEM BIATCHES!!!!!1111ONEONEONE11!!

ahem. well I personally play on Eredar as Horde, but seeing as you would rather join the *cough* snobbish and *cough* zerg-like Alliance then I don't really know what to tell you . FOR TEH HORDE!!*

*Any and all negative references to Alliance are in good fun and are not meant to be taken seriously. Please don't flame me. Please????

carkis
05-23-05, 11:48 AM
Well at LEAST play Alliance on Firetree. That's the only server I've heard that has a shortage (slight). I play a Human mage. What can I say, I like playing the underdogs :p

Vagrant Zero
05-23-05, 01:07 PM
Well at LEAST play Alliance on Firetree. That's the only server I've heard that has a shortage (slight). I play a Human mage. What can I say, I like playing the underdogs :p

I'm a solo player, I try to partner up as little as possible. Horde has nothing quite as solo friendly as the paladin.

carkis
05-23-05, 02:08 PM
I'm a solo player, I try to partner up as little as possible. Horde has nothing quite as solo friendly as the paladin.Aargh! Another pally :rolleyes:

Just a warning: Firetree is a PVP realm, but as a paladin you shouldn't have too much trouble. I've heard it's much more fun in these realms, as my main is on a PVE. I'm still checkin' it out.

Vagrant Zero
05-23-05, 11:20 PM
I'm a solo player, I try to partner up as little as possible. Horde has nothing quite as solo friendly as the paladin.

What do you expect. WoW seems to have almost no real character customization. You've just got pre-set builds to play. Hopefully DDOs multi-class should fix that.

ChrisRay
05-23-05, 11:23 PM
What do you expect. WoW seems to have almost no real character customization. You've just got pre-set builds to play. Hopefully DDOs multi-class should fix that.

Are you talking to yourself here? :D

vampireuk
05-24-05, 05:59 AM
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=14268
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37316

:D

Vagrant Zero
05-24-05, 01:25 PM
Are you talking to yourself here? :D

Er wrong post I quoted....hahaha...that was funny though.

UDawg
05-25-05, 12:45 AM
I had the single worst time on WoW since I began. I was on a Baron raid and asked if the hunters would pull and trap, I like to use the rolls and sweep through the instance. I know Baron is not tough but still it is fun when everyone does their job in a orderly fashion. Well a rogue said I am the MT and don't be stupid. Ok I knew then this was going to turn out bad.

I pulled a couple of mobs and it was ok then I pull a ghost and the priest let me died and thought it was funny. Then the priest run up and was pulling things left and right and really wanted to blow through this. So I'm trying to keep up and getting pissed at the same time. I win a thorium lockbox and the rogue who said I was stupid said he would not open it for me. This is after the priest let me die another time. I asked if there was a problem and they said I sucked and was a moron. They would not explain why I was being the butt of their jokes.

Well it turns out that the priest was on a raid with me once and had a bad experience with me. Ok things happen but adults sort issues out and move on but not these kids. They never said what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is the time I accidentaly ninja looted the shadow skin or what ever it was in Sholo by mistake. Yes it was a stupid mistake but it happens and I appologized but they keed calling me name and i told them to knock it off. There are a few other times when stupid players tried to screw me out of loot I won but I don't think that was it. Basically I don't start crap but if people are going to be pricks I will leave teh party or just fire back at them.

After the 3rd time dying I said to the leader it seems you guys don't want me in the group. You could have told me instead of letting this go on. So I HS and left. He then cussed me out for leaving but the priest left before me and that pissed them off. I said you have no basis to be pissed at me for leaving, you as the leader of teh group let this go on. Then the stupid rogue started jawing at me in private saying I sucked and other 15 year old insults. I guess this is what happens when you let children play game. In fact it happens ever time a child get ahold of the internet and I really am tired of it.

BTW the guild that hates me is called Just Crusade on Elune. They are know to be a bunch of kids who are pricks. The funny thing is they would not be pulling this crap if any of us were at a lan with them. LOL I would be throw in jail for stuffing 20 guild members in a closet.

Basically I have had enough of stupid kids who emberass their parents with thier childish behavior. I quit WoW for good.

ChrisRay
05-25-05, 05:01 AM
Meh.. I'm tired of my priest. Level 57 and I just cant bring myself to play the class. The Holy talent tree is a joke. You cant solo with shadow. The class is a 1 dimensional click fest. Pushing the same buttons soloing or grouping. If your group has any ounce of sense playing a priest is like babysitting.

Since I love being a healer. I've headed back towards druid. Who's now 33. Much more interesting class with alot more versatility..

Woodelf
05-25-05, 05:12 PM
I had the single worst time on WoW since I began. I was on a Baron raid and asked if the hunters would pull and trap, I like to use the rolls and sweep through the instance. I know Baron is not tough but still it is fun when everyone does their job in a orderly fashion. Well a rogue said I am the MT and don't be stupid. Ok I knew then this was going to turn out bad.

I pulled a couple of mobs and it was ok then I pull a ghost and the priest let me died and thought it was funny. Then the priest run up and was pulling things left and right and really wanted to blow through this. So I'm trying to keep up and getting pissed at the same time. I win a thorium lockbox and the rogue who said I was stupid said he would not open it for me. This is after the priest let me die another time. I asked if there was a problem and they said I sucked and was a moron. They would not explain why I was being the butt of their jokes.

Well it turns out that the priest was on a raid with me once and had a bad experience with me. Ok things happen but adults sort issues out and move on but not these kids. They never said what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is the time I accidentaly ninja looted the shadow skin or what ever it was in Sholo by mistake. Yes it was a stupid mistake but it happens and I appologized but they keed calling me name and i told them to knock it off. There are a few other times when stupid players tried to screw me out of loot I won but I don't think that was it. Basically I don't start crap but if people are going to be pricks I will leave teh party or just fire back at them.

After the 3rd time dying I said to the leader it seems you guys don't want me in the group. You could have told me instead of letting this go on. So I HS and left. He then cussed me out for leaving but the priest left before me and that pissed them off. I said you have no basis to be pissed at me for leaving, you as the leader of teh group let this go on. Then the stupid rogue started jawing at me in private saying I sucked and other 15 year old insults. I guess this is what happens when you let children play game. In fact it happens ever time a child get ahold of the internet and I really am tired of it.

BTW the guild that hates me is called Just Crusade on Elune. They are know to be a bunch of kids who are pricks. The funny thing is they would not be pulling this crap if any of us were at a lan with them. LOL I would be throw in jail for stuffing 20 guild members in a closet.

Basically I have had enough of stupid kids who emberass their parents with thier childish behavior. I quit WoW for good.

That's a sad story, a similar thing happened to me (same age group). Other than that, I just got sick of the incompetance of waiting for people, just to find out (through follow up's) that they decided to do something else. I quit my guild around lvl 30 and have been solo since, even avoiding people to an extent. I wish there was an age icon above they're heads.
Anyway, at lvl 60 I'll try a guild again, by that time, I won't be so worried about wasting time.
For sure It'll be an adult guild.
I've been looking though the guild forums on my server (lightbringer) at WOW's site, for some.
Some seem promising.
I don't think you should totally give up though, I'd go solo for a while, look at the game from a not so critical angle. One thing is for sure though, there are alot of kids in the game (My 11 year old daughter for one =), As a 39 year old, I know that they are still learning too. You know quickly who they are through. I've noticed that certain races appeal to kids too, such as the rouge, so I'm weary about joining a group of them (expecially constantly jumping ones). You know, I wish there were meeting stones for adult guilds. :)

Vagrant Zero
05-26-05, 03:40 AM
I've managed to avoid idiots for the most part. Playing on an RP server with low population. All the mouth-breathers seem to congregate at the heavily populated PVP servers.

ChrisRay
05-26-05, 03:46 AM
RP servers do tend to have the more mature players. I also feel I get more out of the enviroment and immersion factor by being on one.

s-flow
05-26-05, 08:24 AM
And dont forget to report bad behaviour to the GMs everytime!

I have a question here too, how do I get "Holy Fire" rank 1?
(I am a L30 Priest and can be trained in Holy Fire rank 2 and 3 if
I only get the rank 1 first).

ChrisRay
05-26-05, 09:00 AM
And dont forget to report bad behaviour to the GMs everytime!

I have a question here too, how do I get "Holy Fire" rank 1?
(I am a L30 Priest and can be trained in Holy Fire rank 2 and 3 if
I only get the rank 1 first).

Holy Fire is a talent in your Holy Talent Tree. Just like Mind Flay is a talent in your shadow talent tree. If you specced your talents towards Holy you would have had the opurtunity to get it.

s-flow
05-26-05, 10:34 AM
Holy Fire is a talent in your Holy Talent Tree. Just like Mind Flay is a talent in your shadow talent tree. If you specced your talents towards Holy you would have had the opurtunity to get it.

Thanks again!
I should have noticed.. maybe there are still time to get it later. :)

carkis
05-26-05, 01:32 PM
The only thing I can think of is the time I accidentaly ninja looted the shadow skin or what ever it was in Sholo by mistake.Oh noes you too :o

I had no clue what it was. I thought it was a quest item (in a raid :( ) so I made the same mistake. At least MOST of my group understood and I had a rep with them already. I felt so bad ... but the suckiest part is that I can't even make use of the stupid thing! Your experience would piss me off as well, but I wouldn't give up. You can't let one group of idiots shake ya. I've managed well on a low-med PVE server, but I can easily point them out.

So ... how are the RP servers different? When I started I considered joining such a server but didn't know what it was about.

Marcos
05-26-05, 01:50 PM
*all they stuff he said about the bad mannered players*

are you alliance? horde wouldnt do that ;)

carkis
05-26-05, 01:57 PM
are you alliance? horde wouldnt do that ;)
HAHAH! I'm horde, so maybe :p